Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KIX-SIN SQ 787-10 in Business: JPY 83,800 RT

KIX-SIN SQ 787-10 in Business: JPY 83,800 RT

Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:30 am
AHO

Originally Posted by SilverChris
D earns 200% for non-elite members. Gold 75Ks (quite a few around here) get another 125%, so 325% in total.
Then, it's very misleading info to write 325% to AS FFP, if you ask me.
nunogomes likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by AHO
The OP did say "as much as 325%", though I can certainly see the confusion. That might be something the OP would want to be made aware of
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by tyoko
Dear Sushimaru,
Can you tell me why 325% with AS ?
Originally Posted by SilverChris
D earns 200% for non-elite members. Gold 75Ks (quite a few around here) get another 125%, so 325% in total.
Thank you very much!!!!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by AHO
Aho come off it mate. OP wrote "as much as 325%", implying that not everyone gets that many miles.

He/she is not selling or advertising a product, simply showing you a fare that exists. Nothing misleading about it.
deovrat and sozq2121 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:50 am
AHO

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Aho come off it mate. OP wrote "as much as 325%", implying that not everyone gets that many miles.

He/she is not selling or advertising a product, simply showing you a fare that exists. Nothing misleading about it.
I would write: "Singapore Airlines D class gives 200% AS miles and as a Gold member you'll earn 325%", instead of writing "as much as 325%".
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by urww
I haven't tried SQ regional J (though from pics it doesn't look any promising taking into account that regional could be 6-7-8 hours), but CX regional J is horrible. It's the evil mix between a simple recliner and a slippery slope angle flat. It's not remotely flat, but you keep sliding down . Doubling with pathetic regional J catering I was really disappointed.
Looks like quite a contrast to SQ regional business. For SQ the seat is angled but almost goes to full flat so it's not that bad. Yes, there will still be a neighbor but when the seat drops quite low at flat position it's easy to cross-over to the aisle when the seatmate is sleeping. Looks like I know what to avoid now

There seems to be a confusion with AS redemption rate so I'll correct it now.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: OZ D+, MH Enrich G
Hard to please everyone. "As much as" is hardly misleading. Now back to the topic - anyone else found it odd that the promo fare is supposedly valid for outbound travel from 1 Apr to 31 May, but the 787 service to Osaka only begins on 3 May? Checked matrix and availability is only from 7 May onwards for select weekdays, which means availability is very limited.

Also very curious about the new regional J seat. Can't wait to see how SQ's customized the product.
deovrat likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:53 am
AHO

Originally Posted by sozq2121
Also very curious about the new regional J seat. Can't wait to see how SQ's customized the product.
According to Australian Business Traveller, the curved pod-like Opal seats from Stelia Aerospace could very well be the new regional Business Class seat onboard Singapore Airlines’ new B787-10 aircraft.

https://miletitude.com/2017/10/26/co...pore-airlines/
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by urww
I haven't tried SQ regional J (though from pics it doesn't look any promising taking into account that regional could be 6-7-8 hours), but CX regional J is horrible. It's the evil mix between a simple recliner and a slippery slope angle flat. It's not remotely flat, but you keep sliding down . Doubling with pathetic regional J catering I was really disappointed.
agreed. Having done both, the SQ regional J is much more comfortable for any type of sleeping. I don't mind the CX regional J for a day time flight when you are working but for it's terrible for flights where everyone is sleeping and there are plenty of those like HKG - BLR
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Wow...that was fast. Only Tuesdays/Wednesdays departures in May left. Good thing is, the return is within 1 month, and can be in mid to late June..
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Looks like it's gone now... cheapest is JPY 142,310
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by dunflyer
Looks like it's gone now... cheapest is JPY 142,310
Glad I got in on the deal to try out the new regional business class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.