Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CZ/FZ: KRT-Australia $890 RT, N/SE Asia $650 (Full Fare Biz)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CZ/FZ: KRT-Australia $890 RT, N/SE Asia $650 (Full Fare Biz)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Whoever books this is nuts. Even by FT standards.
I pretty much agree. I’m in NBO next month so I looked at whether i could get the F fare to book via NBO and would have considered that if I could have also gotten a turnaround w no bags to work on the KQ flight into KRT. I wouldn’t do this for business class though ;-)
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:02 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by ft543
I'm still doing research on potential routings but had a few questions for you.

What are you doing in terms of visa? I assume you're flying on a separate ticket between ZRH-KRT, is it possible to TWOV on two tickets?
Similarly, do you have to re-check your bag landside or is there a transfer desk for that?
I'll be applying for a double entry visa on the front and tail ends to ensure that the trip goes smoothly -- as I haven't been before I'm not going to risk it. It seems the price is the same for one vs. two transits. This also makes the luggage problem moot.

Originally Posted by PINZOLAU
Where Can I booking your trip tickets? THX
Originally Posted by PINZOLAU
Amazing "Big" trip.How can I booking? I search two days can't find it.
The flights don't fly every day (e.g., CAN-NBO 2x weekly, DXB-URC 3x weekly) so you need to find flight availability. I managed to ticket through the DL website.

For US/Canadian citizens, I'd imagine that flying to KRT would probably lead to a higher chance of SSSS, but would you be disqualified from trusted traveler programs based on a single visit? I'm currently a NEXUS holder.
I hold dual Canadian citizenship, but have never gotten NEXUS -- I rarely fly to the US at a sensible hour and the lines have never made me want to subject myself to travel scrutiny. I use my other passport to visit US-unfriendly countries and so far have not had a single SSSS into the US (26 stamps in my current Canadian passport), and one of those trips was an IKA-LHR-JFK mileage run. However, a friend with Global Entry did the mileage run with me and it was no issue, and he still uses his GE for his weekly US-Canada trips.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
For those wondering how to book this, i have found that Momondo pulls up several OTAs that will ticket these fare. I mostly looked at KRT-SYD but assume the others will come up as well.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Originally Posted by BA Humbug
I'll be applying for a double entry visa on the front and tail ends to ensure that the trip goes smoothly -- as I haven't been before I'm not going to risk it. It seems the price is the same for one vs. two transits. This also makes the luggage problem moot.
Thanks for the response, where did you find a reference to a dual-entry visa? I only found information about ~$150 single-entry visas when I was looking last night.

EDIT - looks like the fare died? I don't see it on ITA or Momondo anymore

Last edited by ft543; Feb 19, 2018 at 12:52 am Reason: Fare died?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:50 am

Thanks for the response, where did you find a reference to a dual-entry visa? I only found information about ~$150 single-entry visas when I was looking last night.

EDIT - looks like the fare died? I don't see it on ITA or Momondo anymore
Unfortunately it appears these CZ fares have all died
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: KLM. Elite Plus, SK Silver
Was tempted to book this, but the visa to Sudan seems quite hard to get, and would need double entry...
Also complicates things with later travel to the US...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:07 am

US has lifted sanctions on Sudan in Oct last year

October 6, 2017

Today, the United States decided to revoke economic sanctions with respect to Sudan and the Government of Sudan under Executive Orders 13067 and 13412,
The report, which details Sudan’s positive actions in these areas, is available at http://bit.ly/2y5kOP5
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: Many
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internati...waiver-program
Travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP):
  • Nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to or been present in Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia and Yemen on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions for travel for diplomatic or military purposes in the service of a VWP country).
  • Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria.
Last published:
February 5, 2018
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Has anyone flown this/ was it honoured?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Missed this post until today. There were extremely favourable A//DONE4/5/6 rates starting at KRT a couple of years ago, can't recall exactly, but IIRC, AONE4 pricing some $3600. The visa business was complicated, as a double entry visa would require an invitation from a company/organisation/authority stationed in Sudan. TVOW hard to fit in as only OW carrier to KRT then was RJ, and returning to AMM didn't (of course) count as a transit. What finally made me turn away was the implications on my ESTA. Having had Iran stamps in my previous passport leading to 6 or 7 consecutive SSSS BPs made me decide the savings on an AONE4 wasn't enough to compensate.

Therre is a thread on the Oneworld forum with posts from other FTrs doing one or many RTWs on this fare before rates were adjusted.

The routings/fares in this thread is certainly tempting, alas not for me, as I try to concentrate my travel to two OW FFPs. Repeating 8-10 entries to USA yearly, with possible SSSS on all boarding passes not an option. In another thread, concerning a favourable fare with BA out of Tehran, one poster suggested a solution was having dual passports. The possibilty to track flights is not my speciality, but was highlighted in a thread in the AA forum. Giving false info to CBP on entering US is definitely not something to recommend.

For those not regularly going to USA, and have the ability to credit flights appropriately - Happy flying on this fare, and good luck with visas
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by AHO
Did you have a bad day?
I haven't commented about the US VWP. I just wrote about Transit without visa (TWOV) at Khartoum airport only.

Not all people are interested in visiting the US, but may be interested to use this deal without entering Sudan.
also many people have duel passports so its not a big issue.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by AHO
May or may not.
I have traveled with two separate tickets and had transit at the airport in the country which required a visa but also offered TWOV several times.

As long as you can show the next flight ticket (which departs within 6 hours from the arrival), it shouldn't be a problem. But no guarantee, as you say.
I travelled KGL-ADD-KRT-DXB-CAN-HAN-HUI return on 3 different tickets few months ago according to the offer (in bold, approx. 800 USD). TWOV in KRT worked without problems.
AHO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.