Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: LHE-JFK rt Business with Qsuites $1390+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond

I know originating from Lahore might be a problem for some, but the price is pretty great for QR, especially with the Qsuites available.
​​​​​​
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...LHE1QR620;sc=b
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Is a visa to Pakistan hard to obtain?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:18 pm

Not hard, but paperwork involved and cost is not cheap (and you'll need two visas for the return segment also).

You can have visa on arrival if you're part of a tour group (so find a cheap tour group and no-show?).
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:00 pm
R2

When I last went to Pakistan (albeit a couple of years ago), I got a 'business visa on arrival'. I have an EU passport. There was a separate desk for this in a quiet part of the immigration hall in Karachi. The officer who processed my visa and stamped my passport, took the US dollar bills and stuck it right in his pocket, can't remember if I got a receipt for it
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
I was really hoping that the title was a typo and that it was meant to read LHR-JFK.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Originally Posted by hartwith
I was really hoping that the title was a typo and that it was meant to read LHR-JFK.
+1
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:52 pm

I swear I am experiencing deja vu right now. Wasn't there a very similar deal a year ago or so?

Good on whoever does this one.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by R2
When I last went to Pakistan (albeit a couple of years ago), I got a 'business visa on arrival'. I have an EU passport. There was a separate desk for this in a quiet part of the immigration hall in Karachi. The officer who processed my visa and stamped my passport, took the US dollar bills and stuck it right in his pocket, can't remember if I got a receipt for it
fantastically corrupt
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
I just took a peek at the Pakistan visa requirements for US citizens and holy crap. I thought China was nitpicky, but Pakistan brings it to a whole other level. The requirements are a bit crazy and the fee of $192 for a single entry visa is really excessive.
  1. Visa application, Notarized
  2. Original passport + photos (typical)
  3. Proof of residency (copy of license or utility bill). A bit much, but easy enough.
  4. Bank Statement, Notarized (a bit intrusive)
  5. Letter of Employment, Notarized or copy of tax returns for self employed or pension fund statement for retirees. (Seriously?)
The group tourist visa on arrival is definitely the better way to go.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by swingaling
I just took a peek at the Pakistan visa requirements for US citizens and holy crap. I thought China was nitpicky, but Pakistan brings it to a whole other level. The requirements are a bit crazy and the fee of $192 for a single entry visa is really excessive.
  1. Visa application, Notarized
  2. Original passport + photos (typical)
  3. Proof of residency (copy of license or utility bill). A bit much, but easy enough.
  4. Bank Statement, Notarized (a bit intrusive)
  5. Letter of Employment, Notarized or copy of tax returns for self employed or pension fund statement for retirees. (Seriously?)
The group tourist visa on arrival is definitely the better way to go.
All of that for a visa to take advantage of a QR J ticket? A bit much!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha

All of that for a visa to take advantage of a QR J ticket? A bit much!
I'll say!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:49 am

I just took a peek at the Pakistan visa requirements for US citizens and holy crap. I thought China was nitpicky, but Pakistan brings it to a whole other level
You should see what the process is for a Pakistani citizen to visit the US as a tourist or a transit or a mileagerun turnaround. These requirements would seem extremely easy by comparison. Is all reciprocal, you get what you give.
Epicura, haroon145, Burj and 6 others like this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
You should see what the process is for a Pakistani citizen to visit the US as a tourist or a transit or a mileagerun turnaround. These requirements would seem extremely easy by comparison. Is all reciprocal, you get what you give.
To be honest, I’d jump through a heck of a lot more Visa hoops to visit the USA than I would to visit Pakistan.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:57 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Originally Posted by jiaogulan
I swear I am experiencing deja vu right now. Wasn't there a very similar deal a year ago or so?

Good on whoever does this one.
There definitely was one about a year ago. I got scared off then, but I'm scheduled to be in India in May, so I'm a lot more eager to make this work.

Did anyone take advantage of this last time? It would be great to have first-hand experience. Is flying directly from India to Pakistan a bad idea? Is LHE a location that's disproportionately likely to get you an SSSS, like IST?

Also, is this gone? I can't see any fares sub-2000.

Last edited by ArthurSFO11; Feb 16, 2018 at 1:59 pm Reason: Added q about fare being gone
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Just a few months ago: EY or QR: LHE-JFK in Business $1,432+

Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
Also, is this gone? I can't see any fares sub-2000.
I'm seeing the same. CMB-PHL for $1,450 might be an alternative worth considering, or MCT-JFK for $1,900 if you need to get directly to New York or want the Qsuites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.