Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Wy/ga - cai - syd - $1759 usd

Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Oh man did I find a good deal (50% off usual fare) with a 5 star airline to boot:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...CAI1WY407;sc=b

Might be relevant for European as I reckon getting to CAI from continental Europe is a short hop and cheap flight.

Dates seem fairly flexible although deal only appears to be ex-CAI (not other way round). Should earn some decent milage on EY and WY program.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Nice spot James! Also works to MEL, however I'd avoid the angle flat as linked above; MH new A330 business looks nice
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Might be relevant for European as I reckon getting to CAI from continental Europe is a short hop and cheap flight.
James
It's a good find but not very special - even for Europeans. Positioning cost at least $ 300 depending on origin & travel class. You can get to SYD/AKL on CA or QR with recent sales from many european cities for less than that and avoid CAI.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
When clicking through to buy on the Google Flights link to Cheapoair, the ticket is not bookable, and no WY(GA combinations appear to be actually offered.

The cheapest price on any dates I've tried is US$2515.

It would be interesting to know if ringing the airline would actually allow this fare to be booked - but it seems doubtful.
alp67 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
When clicking through to buy on the Google Flights link to Cheapoair, the ticket is not bookable, and no WY(GA combinations appear to be actually offered.The cheapest price on any dates I've tried is US$2515.
It would be interesting to know if ringing the airline would actually allow this fare to be booked - but it seems doubtful.
GA combination not bookable IMO, but Kayak gives $1'588 with WY/MH combo.
https://www.kayak.de/flights/CAI-SYD...t=bestflight_a
Still good price, but not worth positioning to CAI.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Is WY a dry airline?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Is WY a dry airline?
No, it's not.
WY is like EY, EK, QR.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Does that mean "wet" on all routes, not just those outside the home country?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.