Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

*A: SFO/DFW/SEA/WAS/ORD - DEL/BOM $2200+ [package deal]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A: SFO/DFW/SEA/WAS/ORD - DEL/BOM $2200+ [package deal]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

*A/ST: SFO/DFW/SEA/WAS/ORD - DEL/BOM $2200+ [package deal]

Confirmed P class for AC, UA, SN and LH:Sample:

https://www.expedia.com/flexibleshop...sPartialStay=1

Last edited by IAkH; Feb 6, 2018 at 9:05 pm
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL D 1MM SPG P Marriott G Hilton D
Also available with Skyteam. Around $2,400.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

08.STOPOVERS

4 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 2 IN EACH DIRECTION LIMITED TO 2 FREE AND 2 AT USD 50.00 EACH. NONE IN AREA 1 1 FREE IN AREA 2/AREA 3 IN EACH DIRECTION 1 IN AREA 2/AREA 3 IN EACH DIRECTION AT USD 50.00. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. ONE STOPOVER UTILIZES ONE TRANSFER
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:30 am

The stopovers would have to be priced over phone ? I don't see an option to specify multi city on the website.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAkH
Confirmed P class for AC, UA, SN and LH:Sample
https://www.expedia.com/flexibleshop...sPartialStay=1
This is a smoking deal! I've never booked through an OTA like this. Would the example itinerary accrue PQD on UA if credited to it? Or only on the return? How would you add the allowed stopovers?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:46 am

I was able to price this at multiple places and the cheapest I saw was on UA vacations. Iirc Orbitz showed the fare codes at checkout.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by su9062
I was able to price this at multiple places and the cheapest I saw was on UA vacations. Iirc Orbitz showed the fare codes at checkout.

One would have to think that if purchased on United vacations it would indeed accrue pqd 😀
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
While this is a great deal, anybody willing to go to India in the summer is crazy.

Last edited by Pat89339; Feb 7, 2018 at 5:41 pm Reason: TOS 16: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Interestingly, the price doesn't show up when you look for only flight tickets. As for whether booking this through United Vacations will earn you PQD, I'm not sure. There's a line somewhere in United's website that states: "Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, do not earn PQD." When going through the booking process on United Vacations, at one point it shows up as a bulk fare. So, going by that definition, you won't qualify for PQD. But can someone better informed than me validate this?

Anybody have any creative ways of finding other dates that this deal is available for? Entering specific pairs of dates only to find out that this price is not available is turning out to be a pain.

Last edited by thebakaronis; Feb 7, 2018 at 1:35 pm Reason: Information on PQD.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by nevansm
While this is a great deal, anybody willing to go to India in the summer is crazy.
The fare is available till the end of the year.

Last edited by Pat89339; Feb 10, 2018 at 2:54 am Reason: Edit quote
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by su9062
The stopovers would have to be priced over phone ? I don't see an option to specify multi city on the website.
Quoting myself here. Anyone know how to build a stopover into the package ?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Turkish Gold, Copa Platinum, airberlin Gold
Originally Posted by nevansm
Depending on when you go, there are actually advantages to going then; it's broiling hot, but if you avoid the monsoon, it's generally easier to spot wildlife in the dry season as they stick closer to water sources, such as tigers in Ranthambhore (nearish Jaipur, reachable from Mumbai or Delhi fairly readily)

Last edited by Pat89339; Feb 7, 2018 at 5:41 pm Reason: Edit quoted post to conform to Rule 16
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I don't find any deals for booking a single night stay for any *A carriers out of ORD. The typical PE prices for AC, LH, etc are cheaper than the package price by $300 or more.

Maybe the dates I used (similar to the OPs dates out of SFO) weren't good. But I say package deals out of ORD in the $2200 - $2400 range and I can get a straight up LH PE booking for just under $1800 ai. And the package including a one night stay on Orbitz for the same flights is close to $2700 ai.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I don't find any deals for booking a single night stay for any *A carriers out of ORD. The typical PE prices for AC, LH, etc are cheaper than the package price by $300 or more.

Maybe the dates I used (similar to the OPs dates out of SFO) weren't good. But I say package deals out of ORD in the $2200 - $2400 range and I can get a straight up LH PE booking for just under $1800 ai. And the package including a one night stay on Orbitz for the same flights is close to $2700 ai.
I think most people would readily pay $600 for 30 hours of J over PE.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just booked SFO-DEL, out late October, back about 2 1/2 weeks later. $4400 for 2 in J,, to me this is one serious deal as it rivals the very best J fares I have ever gotten just to Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.