Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KL/AF: ORD/WAS - MRU/RUN $2500 Biz [package deal]

KL/AF: ORD/WAS - MRU/RUN $2500 Biz [package deal]

Old Mar 1, 18, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by HLT1904 View Post
Just realized this is a KLM flight with a DL (006) ticket number. Everything has to been done through the KLM website and DL website does not recognize it. Has anyone else on this package noticed the same thing?
Picked my itinerary so via Air France with flights operated by AF or KLM. Just checked my tickets and tickets are matching with a 057 prefix. I seem to recall seeing Delta as one of the options. Did your booking mention DL?

Last edited by MM1142; Mar 1, 18 at 6:29 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Mar 1, 18, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Platinum
No everything was listed as KLM, that is what is so confusing. I read a thread in the delta forum that talked similar situations, but no real consensus. It will be interesting to see how it credits for MQDs.
Old Mar 1, 18, 10:45 pm

Old Mar 3, 18, 2:55 pm

I just signed up to say thank you to the OP for posting this. I booked my wife and I ORD - MRU roundtrips on two one-stop flights for $4,720 total. The itinerary priced out on Air France's website for more than $16,000. We're flying out on June 10th, returning on June 17th. ORD - AMS - MRU / MRU - CDG - ORD. Our flights returning from Mauritius leave late in the evening, so we essentially have a full final day before having to jet out.

I never thought I'd go to Mauritius, but I felt like I couldn't pass up this deal given the distance traveled, the planes flown, and the destination.
IAkH likes this.
Old Mar 3, 18, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres, Avis First, Sixt Plat
Am i right in thinking that i can credit this to DL and get the 40% of miles flown (~20,500 * 40% = ~$8,200) as MQD since its KLM?
Old Mar 3, 18, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh View Post
Am i right in thinking that i can credit this to DL and get the 40% of miles flown (~20,500 * 40% = ~$8,200) as MQD since its KLM?
Segments operated by Air Mauritius will not credit to DL regardless of flight number. Not sure of your exact routing.
Old Mar 4, 18, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by 15cats View Post
Segments operated by Air Mauritius will not credit to DL regardless of flight number. Not sure of your exact routing.
Ah =/ Its ORD-CDG-AMS-MRU, with AMS-MRU on a KL# but operated by Air Mauritius, which then wouldnt credit for anything =/ boo
Old Mar 4, 18, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Ah =/ Its ORD-CDG-AMS-MRU, with AMS-MRU on a KL# but operated by Air Mauritius, which then wouldnt credit for anything =/ boo
I had to meticulously ensure (and even pay a couple bucks extra) to secure AF-operated flights--albeit with KL flight numbers. I'm hoping that this means that I earn according to the KL chart?

Last edited by UVAhoo06; Mar 4, 18 at 11:50 am
Old Mar 4, 18, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 View Post
I had to meticulously ensure (and even pay a couple bucks extra) to secure AF-operated flights--albeit with KL flight numbers. I'm hoping that this means that I earn according to the KL chart?
What routing did you end up with? If i switch to AF its $1k more
Old Mar 4, 18, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
What routing did you end up with? If i switch to AF its $1k more
I'm flying from CDG-MRU (and v.v.) on that portion.
Old Mar 4, 18, 1:43 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Any other destinations available?
Old May 30, 18, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by HLT1904 View Post
I just booked some in March for a little more, thanks IAkH for posting this fare. I actually booked one set through Orbitz and the other through Travelocity since two couples are traveling together. Fares were comparable on those sites. Thanks again.
Given that you've done the travel, would you mind sharing what program you credited to and what the earnings were (even if just vaguely)? I have mine coming up and want to know whether I should be crediting to FlyingBlue or some other program. It is unclear to me what would be best, so I apologize for the newbie question.
honzeek_cz likes this.
Old Jun 20, 18, 9:08 am

Thank you so much to OP (again) for posting this. My wife and I just returned from our travels and visiting Mauritius was like something out of a dream. We flew ORD - AMS - MRU and then returned MRU - CDG - ORD (positioning from LAS). I never would have gone without seeing this fare.

If anyone is still pending on this itinerary and has booked AMS - MRU on Air Mauritius's A340, please temper your expectations. The food was OK and the service was very polite but the seat itself was very uncomfortable for me - 5'11" with broad shoulders. On the other hand, the MK A350 on MRU - CDG was exceptionally comfortable. They also serve espresso on that plane (apparently there is a Nespresso machine on the A350), but you need to specifically ask for it. Otherwise they're going to serve you flavorless powdered coffee.

There have been some crediting issues for the flights, but earning the miles was secondary to actually visiting the island and I'm sure I'll get it worked out.