Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC : YYZ -> SFO for $1087 CAD in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC : YYZ -> SFO for $1087 CAD in J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Sadly there are no MLLs (or other *A lounges) at SFO. However, there are several United Clubs that you could get into if a *A Gold FTer is there at the time to guest you in (one near Terminal 3 Gate F76, 71A, and near gate E70. You could also use a United Club coupon (either purchased from United for $50 or found on eBay for probably less).

Safe Travels,

James
There is no *A lounge in SFO that will let you in with *G but not with an AC J ticket.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Thanks! The United international lounge will work just fine. Mostly just for a drink before boarding anyway
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dr_torch
Thanks! The United international lounge will work just fine. Mostly just for a drink before boarding anyway
Keep in mind that drinks at the UA club work differently than the MLL (where it’s basically open bar serve yourself). Generally you go up to a bartender and ask for a drink. Some drinks are free like house wines, domestic beers like Coors, bottom shelf spirits and red bull.

However if you’re going to get anything top shelf expect to pay for that (from limited memory prices are around the same as going to ordinary bar).

Safe Travels,

James
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:14 pm

Keep in mind that drinks at the UA club work differently than the MLL (where it’s basically open bar serve yourself). Generally you go up to a bartender and ask for a drink. Some drinks are free like house wines, domestic beers like Coors, bottom shelf spirits and red bull.

However if you’re going to get anything top shelf expect to pay for that (from limited memory prices are around the same as going to ordinary bar).

Safe Travels,

James
The United international J/F lounge is self-pour, with a selection much better than the free options at the UC. There is no bartender.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Originally Posted by canadiancow
There is no *A lounge in SFO that will let you in with *G but not with an AC J ticket.
I've no idea if there have been any departure terminal/concourse changes in the last 6 months that mean my information is out of date (if there have please ignore and accept my apologies), but I have never been refused entry into a United lounge when flying out of SFO on AC with a ticket in Y and a (non-United) *G card.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by lhr baby
I've no idea if there have been any departure terminal/concourse changes in the last 6 months that mean my information is out of date (if there have please ignore and accept my apologies), but I have never been refused entry into a United lounge when flying out of SFO on AC with a ticket in Y and a (non-United) *G card.
Your statement does not contradict mine.

However, it is incorrect. The United lounge in the international terminal requires a J/F ticket. Status does not get you in.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I beg to differ. Last month I got into the UA lounge in terminal 3 with my UA Gold status. Was flying SFO -> DTW on UA having come in from YVR. Hence it was an international itinerary granting me access.

AC J ticket will grant you access to UA lounge regardless of frequent flyer status. Unsure what the situation now is for International Terminal G with construction but I suspect they will accommodate you into whatever lounge they have.

Safe Travels,

James

Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by dordal
They've discounted May and June now to the $474 fare (was $618).

Glad I waited to book.
This is perfect as I grabbed a pair for Mrs CC and I for a Napa Valley long weekend in June

I called AC with the ticket numbers to get our seats and the agent said there was an issue (they tickets were not associated ? correctly in their system ). He called his help desk and said he was able to resolve and that it was a good thing I called in to save lots of confusion at the airport ? Others have reported having no problems with this, but I called about 15 mins after completing the booking on .bomb.

Now that I have my AC locator, it shows my seats correctly with the P fare but lists them as TANGO ???

Depart

Economy Tango
Friday
15 Jun, 2018
18:45
Toronto
Pearson Intl. (YYZ), Canada
21:07
San Francisco
San Francisco Intl. (SFO), United States
More details
UA8491
5hr22
Economy (P)
Operated by Air Canada - - -

-Not really concerned about it, but it seems this fare is causing some issues for AC (maybe because it is about 1/4 of AC's P fare on the same flight :0 )

CC
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:40 pm

I beg to differ. Last month I got into the UA lounge in terminal 3 with my UA Gold status. Was flying SFO -> DTW on UA having come in from YVR. Hence it was an international itinerary granting me access.

AC J ticket will grant you access to UA lounge regardless of frequent flyer status. Unsure what the situation now is for International Terminal G with construction but I suspect they will accommodate you into whatever lounge they have.

Safe Travels,

James

"There is no *A lounge in SFO that will let you in with *G but not with an AC J ticket."

Name a *A lounge in SFO that will let you in with *G but will not let you in with an AC J ticket.

If you cannot do that, then please stop trying to contradict the statement.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Does anybody know what lounge I can use in SFO (I bet @canadiancow does)? I will be a lowly P25K soon. Very depressing.
I recommend the Centurion lounge if you have an Amex Plat.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I called AC with the ticket numbers to get our seats and the agent said there was an issue (they tickets were not associated ? correctly in their system ). He called his help desk and said he was able to resolve and that it was a good thing I called in to save lots of confusion at the airport ? Others have reported having no problems with this, but I called about 15 mins after completing the booking on .bomb.
The ticket I bought showed up incorrectly on the AC site for the first couple hours, then some sort of sync process ran and it fixed itself. It _wasn't_ that it was waiting to be ticketed... that happened a few minutes after I booked with UA. The AC site had all kinds of warnings about how this reservation couldn't be changed online, there was no flight coupon attached, seat selection was not available, blah blah. Should have taken a picture but I didn't. Then overnight almost all the warnings disappeared and seat selection started working.

So if your flight is more than a few days away, it may pay to sleep on it and see if it fixes itself.

Last edited by dordal; Mar 5, 2018 at 6:40 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
It seems like this fare has recently been extended with availability for Su/M/Th/F departures in both directions through October (previously only through June, I believe). Might be nice for those of us looking to return from YYZ after 4th of July travel.

SFO - YYZ is US$474 and YYZ to SFO is $415.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by rill2503456
It seems like this fare has recently been extended with availability for Su/M/Th/F departures in both directions through October (previously only through June, I believe). Might be nice for those of us looking to return from YYZ after 4th of July travel.

SFO - YYZ is US$474 and YYZ to SFO is $415.
it works for one way trip too, I bought one to position myself to SFO for Swiss F ticket to LHR.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:08 pm

Is this still available? I can't seem to book anything below full F on united.com for the AC flights, and it says I won't earn any miles (qualifying or otherwise).
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

I think this is a temporary glitch on UA's website as I also don't see the cheaper United.com offer on Google Flights. Interestingly, choosing the Y fare on Google Flights shows ticketing options from both UA and AC with UA costing more. Perhaps AC and UA have ended their P codeshare arrangement on that sector (which seems possible cause AC keeps jacking up the Y fare on that route over the past couple of months). Only time will tell!

On a side note, I'm seeing that AC is somewhat reducing the price on that route for months in July and August:

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...56*.CAD.194156

Safe Travels,

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.