Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC : YYZ -> SFO for $1087 CAD in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC : YYZ -> SFO for $1087 CAD in J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Does AC allow itin change for equipment swap?
I’ve been allowed to change flights. The problem sometimes is that they’ll switch an entire days worth of flights to the narrow body planes (they have a handful of YYZ-SFO flights a day) so it’ll come down to flexibility you have. I’ve only experienced one time where there was a last minute aircraft swap — usually in my experience AC gives enough time to alert passengers of swaps.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
AC is hopeless when it comes to IRROPS, my yyz-sfo flight was delayed 8 hours and AC would issue a ticket on AA to get me to SFO. 1 year later and huge aggravation, i was able to get compensation. AC would not even pay for Taxi or Hotel.

here is what United flyers will earn on these flights. https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=313
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Looks like sale has been extended for a week.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 05FEB 18.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I booked two one-ways (I'm getting it cheaper as two one ways than a round-trip). Great deal.

My main issue is booking this far out. I booked Easter. I'm tempted to do Canadian Thanksgiving, and my outbound for Christmas, but I can't really commit to dates yet. This is why I've regularly paid ~$900 each way for flexible tickets through flight passes.

As for ticketing issues, I've had zero issue booking UA marketed 016 tickets with all segments operated by AC. Free SDC through AC because it's a P fare. Everything works really well.

As was mentioned, anything operated by AC qualifies for AQM (this fare is 150%) and AQD.

I'm now subscribed to this thread, so I'll try to respond to other questions.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:11 am

What's the change fee if booking P fare through united on AC metal?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
What's the change fee if booking P fare through united on AC metal?
Fare rules say $200, plus fare difference.

It's the fare difference I'd be concerned with though.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Fare rules say $200, plus fare difference.

It's the fare difference I'd be concerned with though.
Thx and agree. If you buy 2 one way flights (YYZ-SFO and SFO-YYZ) and end up changing both outbound and return flights, you would pay $400 in change fees, correct ($200 for each direction) as oppose to $200 if both flights are on same PNR?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
@canadiancow - were you able to select seats. United assigned me 1A for both flights.

Using the AC locator I can go to the select seats page and it shows me that EVER seat in J is full. My EF subscription has expired, but I really doubt the seat map on is correct as they are still selling P fare.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by dr_torch
@canadiancow - were you able to select seats. United assigned me 1A for both flights.

Using the AC locator I can go to the select seats page and it shows me that EVER seat in J is full. My EF subscription has expired, but I really doubt the seat map on is correct as they are still selling P fare.
I had the same issue. I had to call AC, and they had no issue moving me.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:33 am

Looks to be extended.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 12FEB 18
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:59 pm

A bunch of us are turning this into an in-flight do on April 2.

7 confirmed, 1 maybe at the moment.

April 2 2018 AC 739 YYZ-SFO in-flight do
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
They've discounted May and June now to the $474 fare (was $618).

Glad I waited to book.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:04 am

Does anybody know what lounge I can use in SFO (I bet @canadiancow does)? I will be a lowly P25K soon. Very depressing.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:24 am

Does anybody know what lounge I can use in SFO (I bet @canadiancow does)? I will be a lowly P25K soon. Very depressing.
The temporary United international lounge for J/F has always let me in when flying AC J to YVR or YYZ. This is my first choice if hot food is not desired (and it never is for me).

If you have an Amex Platinum, the Centurion Lounge in T3 is closer than any of the UCs. This is my second choice.

Otherwise, there are a few United Clubs in T3. This is my third choice. I don't think I've been to a UC in SFO since September 1.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Sadly there are no MLLs (or other *A lounges) at SFO. However, there are several United Clubs that you could get into if a *A Gold FTer is there at the time to guest you in (one near Terminal 3 Gate F76, 71A, and near gate E70. You could also use a United Club coupon (either purchased from United for $50 or found on eBay for probably less).

Safe Travels,

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.