Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azj
Be VERY weary of this "deal." I found a tickets for 3 people, LAX-VCE r/t in LH Business (P class) +1 night of hotel. OF course, prices jumped slightly between the search result and when proceeding to check-out, but not significantly and not an amount I was unhappy about. I pulled the trigger, got confirmations etc... Now, I'm looking at the receipts on both the LH and UA websites and when I add up the airfare and hotel, there's a discrepancy of over $600. Orbitz cannot explain the difference, nor account for those charges. Customer support seems to think that the two independent receipts I can see online are wrong. I've been on hold while the agent "researches" the receipts on the LH and UA websites for me. Of course, she can't "find the correct receipts" and is insisting I wait 24 hours for the "offline team" to give me a breakdown.
this shouldnt be on LH to begin with - ime only skyteam prices in 1500-1600 pp range
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:42 pm
azj

Originally Posted by azepine00
this shouldnt be on LH to begin with - ime only skyteam prices in 1500-1600 pp range
Indeed, the cheapest flights were on Skyteam carriers, but LH was offered for marginally more. Even the LH tickets were a great deal. That isn't the point, however. I suspect the same inexplicable gulf in charges will be the same, no matter the carrier. For the dates and times I needed, the LH tickets were $2730/all in, which is the lowest I've seen in months of watching the fares. FWIW, Skyteam was $2400.

Update: after 90 minutes on the phone with two agents and escalating to a supervisor, I was able to get them to acknowledge I was overcharged by $622 and they agreed to a refund.

Last edited by azj; Jan 29, 2018 at 6:22 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by azj
Indeed, the cheapest flights were on Skyteam carriers, but LH was offered for marginally more. Even the LH tickets were a great deal. That isn't the point, however. I suspect the same inexplicable gulf in charges will be the same, no matter the carrier. For the dates and times I needed, the LH tickets were $2730/all in, which is the lowest I've seen in months of watching the fares. FWIW, Skyteam was $2400.

Update: after 90 minutes on the phone with two agents and escalating to a supervisor, I was able to get them to acknowledge I was overcharged by $622 and they agreed to a refund.
Good for you. Make sure you keep all their names on file until you see the correct amount on your credit card bill.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:09 pm

Is this deal still live?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It's still there from Atlanta to Rome over Labor Day weekend, and some other destinations. Take a look, and try different days of the week.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:25 pm

Found SFO to FCO, VCE, Milan, BCN, MAD, LIS and other cities. Amazing deal! Had to search a lot of dates but found most in August, September, October, November.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:36 pm

I need LA to Dublin/Amsterdam/Paris for 2 weeks in Late april/early may and LA to Rome in Late august early september and am striking out on finding anything under $2.5k on both fronts
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:02 pm

Ive been waiting for good fares ex-US to Italy for a while! I picked up Miami to Florence $1600 USD w 1 stop, short layover in CDG on Air France 777. From seating chart it looks like the older seats/config but at this rate who cares. Happy to get out of coach for a good deal and convenient departure city for me. Thanks a ton OP!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: AC E75K
How are folks finding these fares? I've tried a few dates and don't see anything below $4,000. Are the $1,500-1,600 prices quoted after stripping out hotel costs? I'm not familiar with this type of booking so apologies for the newbie question.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
How are folks finding these fares? I've tried a few dates and don't see anything below $4,000. Are the $1,500-1,600 prices quoted after stripping out hotel costs? I'm not familiar with this type of booking so apologies for the newbie question.
Gotta try a lot of dates. Usually 7 night Sat-Sat works best for me. includes hotels costs.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: Delta (diamond), Hilton (diamond)
Booking on Delta vacations and price matching?

Has anyone attempted to find and/or book using Delta Vacations, then using their price guarantee to match the OTA price? I tried for an hour or so, but no luck. Id be interested in shedding most of my skymiles this way (1 skymile = 1c) and burning some vouchers. Curious of others experiences.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by azepine00
When I was getting tix a couple of days ago there was intermittent AC avail so there is some S* out there.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Fostee
Ive been waiting for good fares ex-US to Italy for a while! I picked up Miami to Florence $1600 USD w 1 stop, short layover in CDG on Air France 777. From seating chart it looks like the older seats/config but at this rate who cares. Happy to get out of coach for a good deal and convenient departure city for me. Thanks a ton OP!
Would've backtracked to IAH for seats and more miles!!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
I booked a trip to Rome last night... looking now for additional flights on both O and Speedy, prices seem to double after I select flights. Thinking this may be drying up, at least for the cities I'm checking. Regardless, thanks OP!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angra
So, delta flights should yield 150% MQM and RDM, and 30% MQD. That page doesn't seem to address (unless I missed it) status bonuses for RDM.
Look at the bottom of the page - DM 120%, PM 80%, GM 60%, and SM 40%

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.