Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
And yet it's available on SFO-AMS including direct KL services with full flat beds.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage
Hello everyone,
It seems like we missed this deal somehow. Is anyone able to find a deal like this from MIA/FLL? I've tried, but not finding one.
Also, on a separate note, can someone tell me how to turn on notifications? Are notifications only via email or is there a way to receive notifications on my phone?

Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:03 am

I noticed they were selling Norwegian Air 787 Premium Class as business class!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Does either one of these booking engines have any sort of calendar-based approach to checking prices for lots of dates at once? Each individual date check is so slow!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta PM
"unpublished Z fare" sounds like it won't earn miles.
I thought Delta says fares must be "published" to earn anything?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wxman22
"unpublished Z fare" sounds like it won't earn miles.
I thought Delta says fares must be "published" to earn anything?
See https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ion-fares.html
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:19 am

So, delta flights should yield 150% MQM and RDM, and 30% MQD. That page doesn't seem to address (unless I missed it) status bonuses for RDM.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dugb
...tell me how to turn on notifications...
Click Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread

...you will then be HERE

...and able to choose the Notification frequency. Notifications are sent email. Creating an email filter to send a notification to your phone might be something to discuss here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology-169/
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I found a SFO-MXP combo that works the last week of August / over Labor day for $1,447 per person. I am not going to book it, so still available if others want it
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Orbitz's max number of days for a bundle is 27. Called twice to verify this.
No open-jaw.
The flights seem to be those that don't sell well--because the seats are the older ones. Whenever I tried to choose flights with the new business class seats on AF or KLM, the price jumped by over $1000. So, at least for my dates, it's a dump of undesired inventory.
Yeah you have to poke around a bit to get the good seats. They are avail though - I got the new lieflat AF and KL seats for $1580.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:19 am

I am slogging through possible dates looking for something in either early july or mid september or later. I've found some on dates I already have trips on. Anyone found anything in either of those windows? Any destination, any source.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Do these have to be booked for 2 pax?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:57 pm

Excellent post! Booked 2 tickets from IAH to FLR Sept 17-27 with a night at Sina Villa Medici for $1831.41 pp. Ticketed on KLM on the 787 with one stop in AMS. Not sure about other origination cities, but from IAH, there were plenty of destinations. BLQ, NCE, FCO, NAP and a few other cities were all under $2k, with some as low as $1600 (NCE, BLQ). I was checking mostly September availability.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Do these have to be booked for 2 pax?
Not a must, but deals for singles are less sweet.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:53 pm
azj

Be VERY weary of this "deal." I found a tickets for 3 people, LAX-VCE r/t in LH Business (P class) +1 night of hotel. OF course, prices jumped slightly between the search result and when proceeding to check-out, but not significantly and not an amount I was unhappy about. I pulled the trigger, got confirmations etc... Now, I'm looking at the receipts on both the LH and UA websites and when I add up the airfare and hotel, there's a discrepancy of over $600. Orbitz cannot explain the difference, nor account for those charges. Customer support seems to think that the two independent receipts I can see online are wrong. I've been on hold while the agent "researches" the receipts on the LH and UA websites for me. Of course, she can't "find the correct receipts" and is insisting I wait 24 hours for the "offline team" to give me a breakdown.

Last edited by azj; Jan 29, 2018 at 5:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.