Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Great find! Anything similar out of SFO?
Yes works ex-SFO and to PRG thru Oct. 7 day stay. AC avail as well at similar prices. Probably other stuff avail but that's all I care about. Wondering whether to give up on AS MVP75 and pull the trigger on this...
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Orbitz works with just 2 nights. Price jumps about $100 after selecting flights, still good. No other date combinations seem to work for this price.
Can't figure out how to select just 3 hotel nights at delta.com
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPeter
Yes works ex-SFO and to PRG thru Oct. 7 day stay. AC avail as well at similar prices. Probably other stuff avail but that's all I care about. Wondering whether to give up on AS MVP75 and pull the trigger on this...
well I may have to change up my itinerary; SFO was pricing to about $2K to FCO but didn’t check on PRG. Based out of SFO so saves me a positioning flight to LAX which isn’t all that bad but still more preferable to fly straight out of SF.

im with you on the AS status...strongly considering a switch to Delta so if I fly KLM/AF on this trip I may just push 100% of my effort to Delta Diamond...
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by kodawg9

well I may have to change up my itinerary; SFO was pricing to about $2K to FCO but didn’t check on PRG. Based out of SFO so saves me a positioning flight to LAX which isn’t all that bad but still more preferable to fly straight out of SF.

im with you on the AS status...strongly considering a switch to Delta so if I fly KLM/AF on this trip I may just push 100% of my effort to Delta Diamond...
I just got Aug 4-10 SFO-CDG-PRG-AMS-SFO for $1580. AF 777-300 on the outbound KLM 787-9 on the return. 1 night throwaway hotel at a hostel. Leave Saturday night and come back Friday so 6 days net.

Oct was pricing out at $2200 so I am going to skip that one and wait for a BA sale. Dec was normal pricing. Have 6 total RTs to PRG this year so that should maintain MVP75 despite this flight.

Thanks OP!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the post!

We found a great long weekend trip from SFO to AMS over Labor day with near perfect flights (SFO-CDG-AMS AMS-SFO) with two nights at a 4* hotel in Amsterdam that we're planning to stay at for $1561 per person. When combined with Ebates, Orbitz Orbucks, Ultimate Reward Points, and the SkyMiles earned, I'm expecting about $300 back in rewards per ticket. While it's a bit pricey for a long weekend trip (will try and use points for the remaining 3 nights) it will definitely be a comfortable one!

I noticed the fare was also working for CDG too, in addition to AMS, FCO, and PRG.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:07 pm

Does open-jaw work?
what about an extended stay beyond 28 days?

Thank you
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:43 pm

I can't seem to find the fare rules. Can anyone share so we can check if there's any black out dates? TIA
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:17 pm

I see this out of IAH also btw.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
I'm seeing availability all over Europe and from Miami-Milan, Prague, Stockholm, Venice to name a few +/- $1,650 during US Labor day weekend.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:08 pm

any one had luck finding anything for late june/early july?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Your price has changed
While you were shopping, the price of your trip changed from $3,068.82 to $4,320.46. This is the next best deal for your trip."

Anyway, I might find something that works here.

Anyone know how the Delta MQMs work with "Special Fare" on these?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:11 pm

Does anyone know if you actually have to check into the hotel without voiding the return? AAVacations works this way but I've never done it with Orbitz Packages before.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
ATL-FCO ~$1500-1600 when booked as part of Expedia pkg

I've booked Expedia packages before where the airfare and hotel together are less than the retail cost of the airfare alone. But this is the first time it's worked with Biz class.

Aug. 29-Sep. 4. Total cost with hotel is ~$1900. Deducting the estimated hotel cost makes the airfare between $1500-1600. It's AF coded, DL metal for the transatlantic, connection on outbound only. Cost of airfare alone on Google Flights is $3600.

I couldn't find any other threads that talked about this, but surely it's not the first time someone's reported it? Similar prices also found for Madrid over the same dates utilizing the same outbound flight, with a non-stop on the return.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by josephstern
"Your price has changed
While you were shopping, the price of your trip changed from $3,068.82 to $4,320.46. This is the next best deal for your trip."

Anyway, I might find something that works here.

Anyone know how the Delta MQMs work with "Special Fare" on these?
Well, heck. My thread search didn't pull this one up because I found mine on Expedia. Mods, feel free to merge if you see fit. (I found something similar ATL-FCO, and also to MAD, also over Labor Day.)

As far as the special fare mileage earnings, I had an Expedia package to Paris last year. I was pleasantly surprised by how many miles it earned. In order to keep the fare secret, they calculate it based on miles, and I came out pretty well, maybe better than with a regular low coach fare. I'm curious to see how it'll calculate with a Biz seat, and now that I'm Gold Medallion.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:56 am

Orbitz's max number of days for a bundle is 27. Called twice to verify this.
No open-jaw.
The flights seem to be those that don't sell well--because the seats are the older ones. Whenever I tried to choose flights with the new business class seats on AF or KLM, the price jumped by over $1000. So, at least for my dates, it's a dump of undesired inventory.

Last edited by Barkinpark; Jan 29, 2018 at 3:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.