Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
QR DME-DOH-GRU rt S1744

GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Also works to EZE for slightly more. Books into R.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Dont think this fare is available? Clicking through does not give that price
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:34 am

Anyone able to price this via Qatar or other OTA? Only google flights show this price
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
No luck through ITA Matrix Powertools / Bookwithmatrix either...
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:57 pm

Availability is very sporadic, but the fare is definitely bookable
https://pasteboard.co/H4jsHhg.png
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
Originally Posted by maxvor
Availability is very sporadic, but the fare is definitely bookable
https://pasteboard.co/H4jsHhg.png

I'm sorry, what are we looking at here? It says the price of this flight has increased by $1775, wouldn't that make it around $3500 now?

Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Andy49
I'm sorry, what are we looking at here? It says the price of this flight has increased by $1775, wouldn't that make it around $3500 now?

It means to - so by $1.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
Originally Posted by erik123
It means to - so by $1.
Thank you very much for the clarification

Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
If it truly books into "R" class, that is no good for anyone looking for EQM or EQ$ for AA status.CabinPurchased fares booked inBase milesCabin bonusEQMs per mile flownEQDs per mile flown* BusinessJ, C, D100%25%1.5025%*
"If a purchased fare booking code is not listed in the tables, no Elite Qualifying Credits or award miles are earned. EQMs and EQDs are calculated based on a percentage of the distance flown as determined by the booking code. Elite bonuses do not apply to EQMs or EQDs.

Travel ticketed as an American Airlines marketed flight (booked as an AA flight number) and operated by Qatar will earn AAdvantage® award miles, Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs), Elite Qualifying Segments (EQSs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) according to the American mileage accrual chart."
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
If it books into "R", not good for AA accrual.

If it truly books into "R" class, that is no good for anyone looking for EQM or EQ$ for AA status.Purchased fares booked in Base miles Cabin bonus EQMs per mile flown EQDs per mile flown* J, C, D 100% 25% 1.50 25%*
If a purchased fare booking code is not listed in the tables, no Elite Qualifying Credits or award miles are earned. EQMs and EQDs are calculated based on a percentage of the distance flown as determined by the booking code. Elite bonuses do not apply to EQMs or EQDs.

Travel ticketed as an American Airlines marketed flight (booked as an AA flight number) and operated by Qatar will earn AAdvantage® award miles, Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs), Elite Qualifying Segments (EQSs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) according to the American mileage accrual chart.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rodsren
If it truly books into "R" class, that is no good for anyone looking for EQM or EQ$ for AA status.Purchased fares booked in Base miles Cabin bonus EQMs per mile flown EQDs per mile flown* J, C, D 100% 25% 1.50 25%*
If a purchased fare booking code is not listed in the tables, no Elite Qualifying Credits or award miles are earned. EQMs and EQDs are calculated based on a percentage of the distance flown as determined by the booking code. Elite bonuses do not apply to EQMs or EQDs.

Travel ticketed as an American Airlines marketed flight (booked as an AA flight number) and operated by Qatar will earn AAdvantage® award miles, Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs), Elite Qualifying Segments (EQSs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) according to the American mileage accrual chart.
umm, “R” gets you 1.5 EQMs and 20% EQDs, at least according to aa.com.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:17 am

Smile Sorry stand corrected.

Originally Posted by Whodunit68

umm, “R” gets you 1.5 EQMs and 20% EQDs, at least according to aa.com.
R gets you 20% EQM=EQ$, rather than the usual 25% you would get with most bookings in business. more problematic is trying to go from goole flights into any of the "book your flights" options. They seem to go from 1775 to around 3,000. Then , to position oneself in Moscow you need to buy a ticket from GRU-DME and that is a 4,500 or minimum on other one world partners 3,900 proposition. I for one do not live in Moscow, and it's probably not the easiest place to get to from LAX (where I do live). I don't want to book a huge amount of miles to get to and from, and if I try to do 2 interconnecting GRU-DME, DME- GRU i can't ever get the 1755 price to price out on Qatar or any other booking site. It's a nice idea, but I just can't seem to piece together the 2 round trips so i can minimize the mileage I would need to spend to get to Moscow (I can easily get to GRU due tot the non-stop on AA 215/216 most days of the week, so "easily" is of course relative. So relatively easy. Again, apologies about the multiple posts. I didn't think the first one saved because it asked me to login, and the 3rd one, I have no idea how that happened, but again apologies. If someone can find a back to back 2 tickets going in opposite directions that feature the 1755 fare, then I am all in. and very grateful (assuming I am not spending a long weekend in Moscow very late in the year when it's freezing.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
This is really for AAdvantage members who do not reside in North America, or other people who are happy to just take the 125% RDMs and perhaps EQMs on other OW FFPs since Brazil is a legit holiday destination, at least more so than average ASEAN capitals, 2nd tier NA cities, etc.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by groovyfly
No luck through ITA Matrix Powertools / Bookwithmatrix either...
Originally Posted by Unionruler
This is really for AAdvantage members who do not reside in North America, or other people who are happy to just take the 125% RDMs and perhaps EQMs on other OW FFPs since Brazil is a legit holiday destination, at least more so than average ASEAN capitals, 2nd tier NA cities, etc.
I agree, GRU is a terrific city, as is the country of brazil. I could go LAX-LHR-DME and upgrade on SWU's on AA to LHR, but still having a time of trying to get even one ticket ticketed through google flights. Every time I find the 1775 fare, when I click one of the possible optison, it always says the price has gone up to over $3,000, which sort of negates the close to $4,000 EQDollars you get, if your paying so close to that fare. I really like the ida of Qatar through DOH, but I really would like a way to find the "very limited/sporadic availability. Anyone who can help me with this I am more than grateful. HELP! (AND THANKS!!!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.