Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/BA/IB ALG-LAX rt Business $1500-1900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/BA/IB ALG-LAX rt Business $1500-1900

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by ubiest
Can still see it on ITA, what dates / route are you searching for?

can you please find me something leaving on April 2nd? And returning sometime in November or whenever.

thanks
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Is there a way to force this booking on Iberia? I have some vouchers to use before 31/3 .

What would be the max TP- run possible out of this?

How do you position to Alg? Avios?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I can price this up in ITA but can't price it up on any OTA or anywhere else for that matter, Might need to reach out to a Travel Agent to see if they can pull this together for me,

Using @stephem and @Calchas information I can get them to show on ITA via LHR on both ways but getting it priced with an agent seems to be the problem

ALG-MAD-LHR-LAX-JFK-LAX-LHR-MAD-ALG is 720TPs

Last edited by cgtechuk; Mar 28, 2018 at 2:33 am
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I can price this up in ITA but can't price it up on any OTA or anywhere else for that matter, Might need to reach out to a Travel Agent to see if they can pull this together for me,

Using @stephem and @Calchas information I can get them to show on ITA via LHR on both ways but getting it priced with an agent seems to be the problem

You will need a real TA to put the LAX-JFK-LAX segments in there. I couldnt find an OTA anywhere to do this, I think most OTAs havent correctly coded the routing table for this fare and so dont price it out (most dont appear to have even coded the -LAX option in the routing table). But a human TA can do this.

BTW, I class availability on the first segment is really the blocker, especially close in. If you cannot see I class availability on that segment then you need to try another date and then another date until you find availability. Needless to say, it’s easiest to do via EF, but even rudimentary skills with ITA matrix and you should be able to find an open outbound via a 30 day calendar search and then adjust and find your return. Or, just use a TA, they can even downgrade you to Y on that first segment if you want to travel on a certain day where I class is not available.

Routing Rules (#1 is what creates all the opportunities):
/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. ALG-BCN/MAD-BCN/MAD-BA/IB-LON-BOS/CHI/DFW/LAX/MIA/NYC/SJU/WAS-AA/IB-NYC

2. ALG-BCN/MAD-BCN/MAD-BA/IB-LON-BOS/NYC-B6-NYC

3. ALG-BCN/MAD-BCN/MAD-BA/IB-LON-NYC

Last edited by stephem; Mar 28, 2018 at 8:33 pm
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by stephem

You will need a real TA to put the LAX-JFK-LAX segments in there. I couldnt find an OTA anywhere to do this, I think most OTAs havent correctly coded the routing table for this fare and so dont price it out (most dont appear to have even coded the -LAX option in the routing table). But a human TA can do this.

BTW, I class availability on the first segment is really the blocker, especially close in. If you cannot see I class availability on that segment then you need to try another date and then another date until you find availability. Needless to say, it’s easiest to do via EF, but even rudimentary skills with ITA matrix and you should be able to find an open outbound via a 30 day calendar search and then adjust and find your return. Or, just use a TA, they can even downgrade you to Y on that first segment if you want to travel on a certain day where I class is not available.

Routing Rules (#1 is what creates all the opportunities):
/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
1. ALG-BCN/MAD-BCN/MAD-BA/IB-LON-BOS/CHI/DFW/LAX/MIA/NYC/SJU/WAS-AA/IB-NYC

Really useful, thanks. So does this mean that you have to go via London? I was trying to make it work via Panama City and then to JFK and back to ALG (Iberia flies MAD - PTY direct).

I wanted to go ALG - LGW stopover LHR - MAD - PTY stopover PTY - JFK - MAD - ALG

Am I wasting my time?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PO48RA
Really useful, thanks. So does this mean that you have to go via London? I was trying to make it work via Panama City and then to JFK and back to ALG (Iberia flies MAD - PTY direct).

I wanted to go ALG - LGW stopover LHR - MAD - PTY stopover PTY - JFK - MAD - ALG

Am I wasting my time?
There is a directed routing table; it is not mileage restricted. You don’t have to go via LON but you cannot travel via PTY under this fare.

Code:
PUBLISHED RTG ALG-NYC/IB7123/TAR-TARG    EF-02JUN17 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
 1. ALG-BCN/MAD-BCN/MAD-BA/IB-LON-BOS/CHI/DFW/LAX/MIA/NYC/SJU/
    WAS-AA/IB-NYC
If you haven’t seen one of these before: intermediate points may be omitted; at most one point in a group separated by slashes may be chosen; if a two letter airline code is given it means the marketing carrier on that flight; and all other conditions of the fare, tariff, and applicable traffic conference must be followed.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by hamzaf91

can you please find me something leaving on April 2nd? And returning sometime in November or whenever.

thanks
You don't say where you want to go to... LAX,ORD,NYC?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA

So-- the above should price out around $1500 as the IB fare?
Or, around $1900, which AA/BA seem to be selling?
Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by kyushuman

Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:48 am

been trying to reply for about 10 minutes now this new website layout is useless!

The prices you see are correct only IB can see the $1500 price I put a query into my travel agent and they can price it up no problem on IB tickets however it is priced in CAD bizarrely

I managed to get ALG - MAD - LHR - LAX - JFK - LAX - LHR - MAD - ALG

Hope that helps
Captain Canuck and Calchas like this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!
There are three different fares here. IB's fare is the cheapest; AA and BA have fares set at the same level. IB books into I, the most restricted class in terms of available seats. AA's fare books into D [but R when used on IB] which will have wider availability. BA's fare books into R which may also be a bit better.

They are slightly different products depending on the marketing carrier of the transatlantic travel. IB's fare requires travel on an IB-marketed transatlantic flight. AA's fare requires travel on a transatlantic AA flight operated by AA. BA doesn't care as long as the marketing carrier is either BA, IB, or AA.

however it is priced in CAD bizarrely
If it's the agent I think it is they are using a point of sale in Canada to secure better availability. In principle they could still sell the fare in GBP [or whatever currency you prefer] even if bought in Canada but that seems to be extra difficult and probably wouldn't save you any money if you use a zero-FX card.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Calchas
There are three different fares here. IB's fare is the cheapest; AA and BA have fares set at the same level. IB books into I, the most restricted class in terms of available seats. AA's fare books into D [but R when used on IB] which will have wider availability. BA's fare books into R which may also be a bit better.

They are slightly different products depending on the marketing carrier of the transatlantic travel. IB's fare requires travel on an IB-marketed transatlantic flight. AA's fare requires travel on a transatlantic AA flight operated by AA. BA doesn't care as long as the marketing carrier is either BA, IB, or AA.

If it's the agent I think it is they are using a point of sale in Canada to secure better availability. In principle they could still sell the fare in GBP [or whatever currency you prefer] even if bought in Canada but that seems to be extra difficult and probably wouldn't save you any money if you use a zero-FX card.
Thanks to both of you for the helpful info!
A couple other questions have popped into my head:
1) Are these fares 30-day, 6-month, or year return tickets?
2) Stops-- can one stop in LAX for a few days, then NYC for a few days, London, etc? Or is there just one stop /destination allowed?
How many stops can this fare have?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:43 pm

12 month return.

Fare rules pull up in ItA matrix really easily so you can read them all in detail. Note JFK is not a stopover but the destination, so has no cost. Others, you get two free and two more for $105 each.

Category 8: Stopover restrictions
2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN EACH DIRECTION.
AND - 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN EACH DIRECTION AT EUR 75.00/USD 105.00 EACH.

Awesome fare (the rules actually), let’s not kill it immediately.
Calchas likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to both of you for the helpful info!
A couple other questions have popped into my head:
1) Are these fares 30-day, 6-month, or year return tickets?
2) Stops-- can one stop in LAX for a few days, then NYC for a few days, London, etc? Or is there just one stop /destination allowed?
How many stops can this fare have?
They are one year tickets.

I don't think BA/IB/AA sell tickets that don't have a one year validity.

If you mean, "what is the maximum stay?" it is twelve months.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:03 pm

Can someone help me read the booking class table for this fare? Specifically, I am finding it is really hard to find I bucket space on dates I want between MAD-LON and LON-MAD. This is what EF shows. Does this (red highlighting) mean I can actually book into J space for the LON-MAD or MAD-LON segments? Or for MAD-LON, which I care less about, is it only J for flights 7000-7999?

011 ALGNYC 17MAY18 IB USD 943.00 INNN3C STAY-03/12MBK-I
FARE CLS EXPLANATION BOOK CODES
-------- ---------------------- ----------
INNN3C BUSINESS EXCURSION FARES I
INNN3C FOR ROUND TRIP FARES

BOOKING CODE EXCEPTIONS
VIA IB J PERMITTED I- FARES FROM LON-MAD
VIA IB I PERMITTED I- FARES FROM LON-MAD
VIA IB J PERMITTED I- FARES FROM MAD-LON FLTS 7000-7999
VIA IB I PERMITTED I- FARES FROM MAD-LON FLTS 7000-7999
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN AVAILABLE I- FARES TRN SERVICE
VIA IB D REQUIRED I- FARES TRN SERVICE
VIA IB Y/J REQUIRED BUS SERVICE
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN AVAILABLE I- FARES BETWEEN MAD-LON
VIA IB J REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS BETWEEN MAD-LON
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS BETWEEN SPAIN-GERMANY FLTS 7000-7999
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS WITHIN GERMANY FLTS 7000-7999
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN AVAILABLE I- FARES WITHIN AREA 2 FLTS 5000-5999
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS WITHIN AREA 2 FLTS 5000-5999
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN OFFERED I- FARES WITHIN AREA 2 FLTS 8000-8999
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS WITHIN AREA 2 FLTS 8000-8999
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN OFFERED I- FARES WITHIN AREA 1
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS WITHIN AREA 1
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN OFFERED I- FARES WITHIN AREA 2
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS WITHIN AREA 2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.