Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/BA/IB ALG-LAX rt Business $1500-1900

Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond

I know there was a better deal with QR on the same route a few days ago, but dates were extremely limited and I believe its dead. This fare seems to be wide wide open. Also could be an opportunity to try the new IB A350 if you book the MAD-JFK leg late enough in the year.

Here is an example

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...LG1IB3308;sc=b

You can even lower the price closer to $1800 with longer layovers.

For more experienced FT users, I have even seen GF show prices for $1500, but then jump up to over $1900. Not sure if this is just a mapping error, or can be booked.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...LAX0AA185;sc=b

Hope this helps
patvd likes this.

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; Jan 22, 2018 at 9:20 am
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
For more experienced FT users, I have even seen GF show prices for $1500, but then jump up to over $1900. Not sure if this is just a mapping error, or can be booked.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...LAX0AA185;sc=b

Hope this helps
Use OTA Flightnetwork.com to get this fare EUR1228.62 ALG-MAD-JFK-LAX-MAD-ALG (BA TP 500). It is the only site that I found that works. Tried Expedia, Amex Travel, Iberia and BA websites, but all could not price this deal. Latching this on with my QR deal TXL-DOH-KUL-DOH-TUN.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Momondo creates links to Expedia for this fare.
ACN Consultant likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips

After playing around with the fare, seems like different OTAs have availability for around $1500 on different dates. I found Priceline also prices this out for around $1500 on certain dates.

Anyone have any experience with ALG airport?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Also prices up on the Iberia IOs app.

At first i wondered if this was a self dunp of YR, but it appeara to be a business promotional fare that isnt filed broadly (at least EF doesnt pick it up) and which many OTAs dont have access to either. I dont think Matrix pulls it up either. Its a base fare of like $950 and then YR and taxes.
Also has a kids fare discount of 25% for 2-11 year olds. I am currently booked CAI-LAX-xxx on a Full fare J AA fare, and switching to this would give me a return to Europe for about $500. So i am considering this. But I know CAI well and am comfortable taking my young kids there. Not so sure about ALG so have to do some research.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Does anyone have experience in transiting through ALG? Seems like there's no clear rule on whether or not a visa is needed (US passport for example) just to transit airside - or in fact whether this procedure is managed. Looking at this one but if a visa is required it's probably no longer worth it for me personally. The other question is whether the airline of my positioning flight would even let me on without a visa.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by axck
Does anyone have experience in transiting through ALG? Seems like there's no clear rule on whether or not a visa is needed (US passport for example) just to transit airside - or in fact whether this procedure is managed. Looking at this one but if a visa is required it's probably no longer worth it for me personally. The other question is whether the airline of my positioning flight would even let me on without a visa.
This post has some information:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29290329-post6.html
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stephem
Also prices up on the Iberia IOs app.

At first i wondered if this was a self dunp of YR, but it appeara to be a “business promotional fare” that isnt filed broadly (at least EF doesnt pick it up) and which many OTAs dont have access to either. I dont think Matrix pulls it up either. Its a base fare of like $950 and then YR and taxes.
Also has a kids fare discount of 25% for 2-11 year olds. I am currently booked CAI-LAX-xxx on a Full fare J AA fare, and switching to this would give me a return to Europe for about $500. So i am considering this. But I know CAI well and am comfortable taking my young kids there. Not so sure about ALG so have to do some research.

​​​​​Thanks so much for the tip, Android IB app also shows flights for $1500. I would much rather book direct than with an OTA. Also I am seeing it available on Iberia's website now too.

I'm also in the same boat as you since I'm very familiar with CAI, and at worst I can just buy a visa on arrival for $25. But hey, what's life without a bit of adventure

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; Jan 22, 2018 at 10:02 am
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Expert Flyer showing an AA fare ALG - HNL base fare of 977, books into D (the ALG to LGW into J if you go that way). May be possible to get 920 TPs out of that, including taxes total around 1380 so could be as low as 1.5p per tier point. Fare rule DNE0F6R5.

A quick search shows a Mercure hotel near the airport for about 80 per night. Good award availability on BA to position out ex LGW.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:11 am

I'm going to be trying this one next week, ALG-MAD-LHR-LAX, returning LAX-JFK-MAD-ALG. LHR-LAX and LAX-JFK on AA, rest on IB. For $1500 I couldn't pass it up and the timing works well for some US trips anyway. I called Air Algerie (for positioning from Paris) and they confirmed that the Transit Without Visa is possible when transiting onto another flight within 24 hours as described by other FT'ers, and that there should be no problem boarding in ORY as long as I show my connecting ticket info...hoping for the best
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Bonne chance / حظا طيبا وفقك الله!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by axck
I'm going to be trying this one next week, ALG-MAD-LHR-LAX, returning LAX-JFK-MAD-ALG. LHR-LAX and LAX-JFK on AA, rest on IB. For $1500 I couldn't pass it up and the timing works well for some US trips anyway. I called Air Algerie (for positioning from Paris) and they confirmed that the Transit Without Visa is possible when transiting onto another flight within 24 hours as described by other FT'ers, and that there should be no problem boarding in ORY as long as I show my connecting ticket info...hoping for the best
That's exactly the itinerary I'll be booking, albeit for much later in the year.

Please report back on your experience
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by PO48RA
Expert Flyer showing an AA fare ALG - HNL base fare of 977, books into D (the ALG to LGW into J if you go that way). May be possible to get 920 TPs out of that, including taxes total around 1380 so could be as low as 1.5p per tier point. Fare rule DNE0F6R5.

A quick search shows a Mercure hotel near the airport for about 80 per night. Good award availability on BA to position out ex LGW.

Struggling to get this to price anywhere, Do you have an example?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AS 100K
it seems that there's no way to just connect via LHR on the return segments. Routing via JFK/MAD seems like the only option in order to get the 1500 price...am i correct?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:10 am

Thanks, will let you all know how it goes.

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Struggling to get this to price anywhere, Do you have an example?
Momondo was able to pull them up a couple of days ago, otherwise try pulling them up directly from the OTA's. ebookers, travelgenio, and travel2be were the ones Momondo was directing me towards.
Edit: at least that's where I found the LAX fares, have not found any HNL ones yet.

Last edited by axck; Jan 24, 2018 at 10:16 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.