Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/BA/IB ALG-LAX rt Business $1500-1900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/BA/IB ALG-LAX rt Business $1500-1900

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by surbiton_flyer
Booked on a similar fare ALG - DOH - PEK with QR in October, arriving on BA flight from LGW with 3 hour plus turn around. I was wondering if anybody had any experience of making a TWOV with checked baggage? I tried messaging SWISSPORT with no response.
I didn’t check any baggage, but at the Transit desk they asked me whether I did. I imagine that they have a procedure in case you do have bags to pick up.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:38 pm

Is LAX mandatory?

I'm a newbie - and I can't parse these fare rules. Is this fare only available for flights to LAX?

What I want is something like ALG-JFK-PHL-BOS-JFK-ALG mid-March, but nothing's showing. If I drop the PHL detour it's pricing at over $3000

What have I misunderstood?

Originally Posted by stephem
I spent a few hours digging into this fare, puzzled why I cannot get it to pull up in EF or matrix to get the complete fare rules and maximize it. I still cannot find this fare, but if you look up ALG-JFK in matrix you can find an identically priced IB fare. If you pull the fare rules you will see “sale is restricted to certain agents.”

Other key rules include 2 stopovers permitted free. I cant find MPM, but i expect its sufficient to route to JFK via LAX.

You may start to realize this fare might be a hint as to why all returns from the “ALG-LAX fare” we believe we are looking at have to route thru JFK ;-)

Edited to Add: Ah, finally located the fare and its routing table which confirms what I have said above
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Sebulon
I'm a newbie - and I can't parse these fare rules. Is this fare only available for flights to LAX?

What I want is something like ALG-JFK-PHL-BOS-JFK-ALG mid-March, but nothing's showing. If I drop the PHL detour it's pricing at over $3000

What have I misunderstood?

here’s the full routing rules. You can certainly do ALG-BOS-JFK

PUBLISHED RTG ALG-NYC/IB7123/TAR-TARG EF-02JUN17 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. ALG-BCN/MAD-BCN/MAD-BA/IB-LON-BOS/CHI/DFW/LAX/MIA/NYC/SJU/
WAS-AA/IB-NYC
2. ALG-BCN/MAD-BCN/MAD-BA/IB-LON-BOS/NYC-B6-NYC
3. ALG-BCN/MAD-BCN/MAD-BA/IB-LON-NYC
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
The deal might be dead. Im not seeing the same prices anymore
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Still loaded in GDS, still has /LAX in routing rules.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Dates must have dried up, can't price anything out at the old levels

Just wanted to add I was looking at flights to LAX. ALG-NYC itineraries are still plentiful with some pricing below $1500

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; Feb 5, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Dates must have dried up, can't price anything out at the old levels

Just wanted to add I was looking at flights to LAX. ALG-NYC itineraries are still plentiful with some pricing below $1500
I still see LAX routings. For me, momondo or simar aggregators work best. Not all OTAs can sell this fare, let alone price it. Also, many tools arent pricing LAX routing correctly despite ear routing rules. It’s odd, as if some human doing coding said “they couldnt have meant that”. For example, ITA will pull this fare up but cant seem to route it via LAX.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
On ITA Matrix there still seems to be availability to LAX. A couple of days in March and more than half of all April dates has this fare ALG-LAX for $1509-1527
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:14 pm

The reason that many people can’t find availability for this fare is that Iberia definitely does married segment availability. So you can’t simply look for availability in the “I “bucket on a segment by segment basis. For instance, if you look at just the segment from Algiers to Madrid, it will frequently show I=0. If you look on the same day for travel onward from Madrid and including that first segment, you will see much more availability. That said it is increasingly difficult to find five seats on any given day, whereas when this fair was first posted I had no problem doing that.

Edited to add: Scratch that, it looks like this fare is available at some OTAs without regard to what a bucket tool like Expert Flyer says for the I bucket. I can find some OTAs that will sell 5 pax on dates when EF shows less than I=5 and when other OTAs would only sell 3 or 4 tix. Very odd, but I will say that Momondo does seem to do the best job of finding the OTAs that have access to the fare and can give you the number of seats you need. Increasingly I have been finding that Momondo will surface bulk fares that one or two OTAs are selling without hotel/car at the same price of the packages being discussed on other FT threads.

Last edited by stephem; Feb 8, 2018 at 6:06 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Question Check in for ALG-MAD at airport in Spain?

Has anyone been able to have IB check you in for the ALG-MAD flight in Spain? I'm planning on flying on Air Algerie BCN-ALG to airside connect ALG-MAD on IB. Is it possible for IB to check me in and issue boarding passes for ALG-MAD flight in BCN? Thank you for any experiences.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I cannot get this to price at 1500 anymore.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Can still see it on ITA, what dates / route are you searching for?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ubiest
Can still see it on ITA, what dates / route are you searching for?
ALG-LAX depart july return august. I see it on GF, but not bookable.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frebay
ALG-LAX depart july return august. I see it on GF, but not bookable.
Google Flights doesn't bring up a bookable link. Go to Iberia's website and input your dates and select business class.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:43 pm

The number one rule of this mileage run forum should be “don’t rely exclusively on Google flights” Before you suggest something is gone, at least look at some other site besides Google flights, and ideally confirm that the fare is no longer in the GDS. Momondo and Iberia websites both seem to pick this up fairly well. It’s greatest limitation is that the fare rules have a specified set of travel agent identifiers who are able to book this. That seems to be a fairly rare thing, and in this case it means many OTA’s that you are used to using won’t be able to price or sell this particular fare. I am still on the hunt for a real life travel agent who would be able to book this for me because the options most OTA’s pull up are not what I want.

This one probably isn’t going anywhere because it isn’t a particularly cheap fare for what it is, a round-trip between Cairo and JFK that just happens to permit routing through LAX and include a stop over. The fare itself isn’t likely to get pulled, it’s more likely that someone would tighten up the routing rules. That is, as long as people don’t start abusing it, like dropping final segment back to Algiers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.