Ga: Lhr-bkk £1100

Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Sept 6th-14th still showing for Garuda via momondo.co.uk at £1034 return. Drop that down to a one way on Sept 6th and £577 comes back.

I don't think AMEX travel is necessarily the most comprehensive source for these discount fares, unfortunately.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
I flew Garuda from LHR to DPS via CGK last November. Less than 80 people on a aircraft that can carry 330+. Whole middle cabin was empty.

Economy was like a poor mans business class. All for £350 return. Great airline to boot!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Thanks guys.
Early on when this price first popped up.on my radar I bagged 3 returns for me & my folks over Christmas.

Very tempted to add another jaunt just for myself.
Will take a look at September, was hoping for April but that was wishful thinking.

I'm looking at one-way with the £200 off and then burn some Qatar QMiles for the way back.

Problem is I can't find any Garuda flights on the travel.americanexpress site :-(

Thanks again for the replies & taking a look.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Feb 28, 2018 at 12:15 am
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Oil-man
Economy was like a poor mans business class.
that's interesting.
I'm sure a full cabin would have made a huge difference to that feel, or were the seats & personal space impressive for an eco product ?

Probably not too hard on a flight with so many empty seats to give you a better feel & service that on a BA CE flight !!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
that's interesting.
I'm sure a full cabin would have made a huge difference to that feel, or were the seats & personal space impressive for an eco product ?

Probably not too hard on a flight with so many empty seats to give you a better feel & service that on a BA CE flight !!
Economy is economy, so a full cabin makes for an uncomfortable 14 hour schlep to/from CGK. It was the fact that we had the choice of around 150 seats in the middle section that made it a very comfortable flight.

We where told when checking in that summer flights are rammed. Seems like the load factor off season is low.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
Heads up that this fare is still available for around the same money as posted earlier, same fare basis, and still some availability around Christmas and New year. Not sure if it went away and came back, but I think I saw somewhere that it might expire for sales this weekend. There is a travel promotion flagged on the Garuda homepage but the GATF18 discount code that is prepopulated into the booking search box actually puts the fare up by £200 so take the code out before you search.

Last edited by plunet; Apr 6, 2018 at 12:17 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.