Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CM: YUL-GUA $496 USD, 5cpm for some *A FFP

CM: YUL-GUA $496 USD, 5cpm for some *A FFP

Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
CM: YUL-GUA $491 USD, 5cpm for some *A FFP

Now here's the mileage running deal. Fare Class D, going to PTY and practically taking a detour. No stopover allowed per fare rule.

Doesn't work on Expedia for some reason but I'm able to price it out on CM's own website. At $491, it gives 10K *A for some FFP like TK, you can view it here

Where to Credit Where to Credit COPA Airlines Flights in D Booking Class

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 24, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

As of 8:50pm EST it's no longer working on copaair.com

I used Kayak and have it direct me toward other OTAs' links and it's still working, better hurry if you want one.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I am still seeing lots of availability on this route directly with Copa for $539.80 :

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...YUL1CM422;sc=b

CC
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:02 am
Original Poster

This is correct. Actually after checking certain dates, I'm able to get it on Expedia and copaair.com directly, you do have to be flexible with dates since CM doesn't fly in/out of YUL daily and this special fare isn't available on certain days. Use Kayak to identify dates available.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

CM has another good deal, though higher cpm, still decent, JFK-GUA for $607. In the meantime, AV has EWR-GUA for $550.

The catch with CM's JFK-GUA deal for $607? Copa wants you to take the worst flights by leaving and arriving JFK between 1 am and 4 am, you can get around this by booking multi-city and break each segment individually. Such as JFK-PTY, PTY-GUA, GUA-PTY, and PTY-JFK if you don't mind staying overnight (within 24 hours) in PTY.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:07 am

BOS - GUA is back in the low 700's after seemingly having vanished for awhile. I don't have all of my resources handy. Can someone find and post the fare rules by chance?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by c5ruzr
BOS - GUA is back in the low 700's after seemingly having vanished for awhile. I don't have all of my resources handy. Can someone find and post the fare rules by chance?
Main ones most people look at
Category 7: Maximum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 365 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.Category 8: Stopover restrictions
NO STOPOVERS PERMITTED.Category 10: Combinability
DOUBLE OPEN JAWS NOT PERMITTED. END-ON-END PERMITTED. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA POINT OF COMBINATION. APPLICABLE ADD-ON CONSTRUCTION IS ADDRESSED IN MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS - CATEGORY 23. OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS -TO FORM SINGLE OPEN JAWS ROUND TRIPS CIRCLE TRIPS. OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS NOTE - TRAVEL IS VIA THE POINT OF COMBINATION
Category 16: Penalties
CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - THE REAMINING AMOUNT MAY BE USED AS PAYMENT FOR FUTURE TRIPS. CHANGE FEE APPLY CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE USD 200.00 FOR NO-SHOW/REISSUE/REVALIDATION. WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE MUST BE PRESENTED IN CASE OF DEATH OR ILLNES. --------- CHILDREN AND INFANTS DISCOUNTS APPLIES SEE CHILD DISCOUNTS RESTRICTIONS. --------- CM SAME DAY TRAVEL OPTIONS - AVAILABLE WHEN CHECKING ON CM RESERVATION TICKET OFFICE OR AIRPORT TICKET OFFICE APPLIES TO OUTBOUND/CONTINUING/ RETURN FLIGHTS UNLESS PROHIBITED BY INDIVIDUAL FARE RULE. CONFIRM A SEAT ON AN ALTERNATE FLIGHT FOR A FEE OF USD25.00 FOR FLIGHTS DEPARTING WITHIN 24 HOURS OF CHECK - IN WHEN - 1- THE SAME TICKETED INVENTORY CLASS IS AVAILABLE. 2- TRAVEL IS BETWEEN THE SAME ORIGIN CITY AND DESTINATION CITY. 3- NEW FLIGHTS AND ROUTING ARE PERMITTED PER THE FARE RULE. 4-AIRPORT STANDBY MAY APPLY. --------- FOR AIRPORT USE AIRPORT STANDBY PERMITTED. NOTE - WAIVED FOR ILLNESS OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. FAMILY MEMBER MUST BE FIRST DEGREE RELATIVE PARENTS/CHILDREN/SPOUSES. WAIVER ALSO APPLIES FOR TRAVELING COMPANION IN THE SAME RESERVATION. WAIVER ALSO APPLIES FOR FAMILY MEMBER FIRST DEGREE IN OTHER RESERVATION. ILLNESS/DEATH WAIVERS MUST BE SUBSTANTIATED BY A VALID MEDICAL/DEATH CERTIFICATE.
. WHEN COMBINED WITH OTHER FARES THE MOST RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS WILL APPLY. PROVIDED - COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY FARE FOR CARRIER CM IN ANY RULE IN ANY TARIFF.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:04 pm

I need 10k miles to get gold with TK, so this seems perfect. Would positioning from YYC to YUL for ~450 CAD / 25k aeroplan points to be able to make this flight make sense? I'd make this into a vacation with either some diving/jungle trekking etc.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 4thState
I need 10k miles to get gold with TK, so this seems perfect. Would positioning from YYC to YUL for ~450 CAD / 25k aeroplan points to be able to make this flight make sense? I'd make this into a vacation with either some diving/jungle trekking etc.
The issue will be, obviously going from Calgary to Montreal, that trip may cost more than this but you can try to minimize it, as you mentioned, using miles/points.

The fares have actually gone down to $522 (USD) except July and August right now.

I also check late September JFK-GUA and it can be as low as $558.

Given the high frequencies of flights between PTY and GUA, you can make 2 long overnight stops in PTY without triggering stopovers (22-23 hours), both PTY and GUA have very favorable hotel award bookings from Hilton and IHG so you can minimize the cost of the trip.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Now YUL-GUA even lower at $496 USD, seems wide open from mid September.

Other city pairs with new prices (updated) worth mentioning, however I didn't validate them, please double check with Expedia and/or copaair.com

BOS-SAL $574
JFK-GUA $589
BOS-GUA $657
JFK-SJO $665 (great deal if you're actually going to CR for holiday)

For those in the west, you can also try to get to Vegas first, those deals have around 6cpm

LAS-SAL $679
LAS-GUA $709

p.s. Per fare rules, book by May 1st, not sure if the fares will creep back to $500ish after May 1st or much higher.

Last edited by vincewy; Apr 24, 2018 at 6:54 pm
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Now even lower at $491, probably due to the exchange rate.

In addition, for those who don't want to re-position to Montreal by taking Megabus (one of cheapest options), Air Transat at the moment has YUL-YYZ ow for $56 ai on limited dates, this shouldn't be around much longer.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Copa extended the sale until June 1st, and it's even lower now at $485 USD.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:11 pm

Thanks for the update vincewy. Looks like Delta is also offering a good price for business to GUA : $610 USD ( $781 CAD) from YYC.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Yyz-gua $554

If anyone is interested CM is also offering YYZ-GUA for $554 with limited dates.

If your date(s) isn't available, try multi-city booking with actual connection under 24 hours.

YYZ-PTY
PTY-GUA (very next day)
GUA-YYZ

Make sure your stay in PTY is less than 24 hr to take advantage of this pricing, for outbound, CM0554 next day is perfect, it will give you enough time to see Panama Canal.

Last edited by vincewy; May 25, 2018 at 10:25 pm
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

This fare is back but a little more at $611 USD. While YYZ-GUA is also available for $527 USD with limited dates.

If anyone is interested, CM is also offering YUL-SXM for $685 USD, seems to work during MLK weekend, why not spend the weekend windsurfing. The date combinations seem limited, use flexible booking to find such deals, typically leaving on Friday from YUL, returning Mon or Tue.

Another nice feature is holding the fare for 24 hours for free without paying first and cancel.

Last edited by vincewy; Aug 14, 2018 at 9:33 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.