Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: SEL-TYO-LHR-LUX-DUS-LHR-ICN starts at 1,739.70

BA: SEL-TYO-LHR-LUX-DUS-LHR-ICN starts at 1,739.70

Old Jan 14, 18, 3:17 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seoul
Programs: LH MM, BA Executice Club, AZ MM
Posts: 113
BA: SEL-TYO-LHR-LUX-DUS-LHR-ICN starts at 1,739.70

Little bit challenging to price but there is a BA tariff which works on Matrix but I think TA is required. I got OTA during the week pricing it, now does not work.

ILX7Y6T0 SEL to LUX

Nice options to optimize

Category 8: Stopover restrictions
ORIGINATING AREA 3 - UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION LIMITED TO 2 FREE AND UNLIMITED AT USD 300.00 EACH.
Category 9: Transfer restrictions
5 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE 2 FREE IN EUROPE IN EACH DIRECTION 3 FREE IN JAPAN/KOREA, REP. OF/KOREA, DEM. PEOPLE'S REP. OF/S.W. PACIFIC/SOUTHEAST ASIA EXCEPT CHINA IN EACH DIRECTION. AND - 1 TRANSFER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE 1 FREE IN CHINA IN EACH DIRECTION FARE BREAK AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.


https://goo.gl/flights/sr8Tn
tkwetina is offline  
Old Jan 14, 18, 3:47 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by tkwetina View Post
5 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE 2 FREE IN EUROPE IN EACH DIRECTION 3 FREE IN JAPAN/KOREA, REP. OF KOREA, DEM. PEOPLE'S REP. OF/S.W. PACIFIC/SOUTHEAST ASIA
Perfect.. been looking for a stopover in Pyongyang! :-)
mickeyjaw likes this.
VolandoMe is offline  
Old Jan 14, 18, 5:41 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @work
Programs: BA & QR
Posts: 1,011
Originally Posted by tkwetina View Post
Little bit challenging to price but there is a BA tariff which works on Matrix but I think TA is required. I got OTA during the week pricing it, now does not work.

ILX7Y6T0 SEL to LUX

Nice options to optimize

Category 8: Stopover restrictions
ORIGINATING AREA 3 - UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION LIMITED TO 2 FREE AND UNLIMITED AT USD 300.00 EACH.
Category 9: Transfer restrictions
5 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE 2 FREE IN EUROPE IN EACH DIRECTION 3 FREE IN JAPAN/KOREA, REP. OF/KOREA, DEM. PEOPLE'S REP. OF/S.W. PACIFIC/SOUTHEAST ASIA EXCEPT CHINA IN EACH DIRECTION. AND - 1 TRANSFER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE 1 FREE IN CHINA IN EACH DIRECTION FARE BREAK AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.


https://goo.gl/flights/sr8Tn

Still can be booked, call BA in Seoul, they are able booking this for you.
dutch_122 is offline  
Old Jan 14, 18, 1:33 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Programs: AA EXP/LTP 4MM, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH Dia, SPG Plat/LTP
Posts: 9,681
Originally Posted by VolandoMe View Post
Perfect.. been looking for a stopover in Pyongyang! :-)
There are, however, reports of stopovers beeing considerably longer than initially planned.
The real challenge will be to interline a ticket with JS
onobond is offline  
Old Jan 15, 18, 1:55 am
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,496
Fare works from PUS too- has been around for a while into most cities into Europe via London.
ashkale is offline  
Old Jan 15, 18, 3:31 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Posts: 508
Originally Posted by VolandoMe View Post
Perfect.. been looking for a stopover in Pyongyang! :-)
Looking forward to a comparative review between the BA Burger and the infamous Air Koryo burger...
mickeyjaw is offline  
Old Jan 15, 18, 4:37 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: PNW
Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Posts: 411
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw View Post
Looking forward to a comparative review between the BA Burger and the infamous Air Koryo burger...
Dare to compare Imperialist Vuelingish burgers to our Great Leader's favourite brunch meal?

5 years in camp.
blueferrari and CARST like this.
redadeco is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 1:19 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Programs: BA BAEC Gold, previously AB Plat
Posts: 20
Before I have to go to camp and meet the AA guns I want to quickly inform you avgeeks, that this fare also works the other way around. Just combine LUX and a German city and this works. You can also play around and find other destinations in Asia.



BA sale LUX - Asia - German Cities


Discovered that you can also fly this as a regular roundtrip from either LUX or any German city. Adds about 80-100€ to the fare.

It seems both options (LUX - Asia - Germany, as well as Germany - Asia - Germany) must be booked with the BA hotline or a Travel Agent. The OTAs only show them around 1900-2200€.

Last edited by CARST; Jan 18, 18 at 1:54 am Reason: Discovered more flight options...
CARST is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 1:52 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,560
Originally Posted by CARST View Post
Before I have to go to camp and meet the AA guns I want to quickly inform you avgeeks, that this fare also works the other way around. Just combine LUX and a German city and this works. You can also play around and find other destinations in Asia.

BA sale LUX - Asia - German Cities


Discovered that you can also fly this as a regular roundtrip from either LUX or any German city. Adds about 80-100 to the fare.
Fantastic!!! Thank you.
mileageking is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 5:37 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 303
I can't see the full fare rules. Does the S.W. Pacific free transfer option mean a flight to e.g. Australia could be built in?
HarbourGent is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 10:51 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots of faux metal
Posts: 5,324
Originally Posted by HarbourGent View Post
I can't see the full fare rules. Does the S.W. Pacific free transfer option mean a flight to e.g. Australia could be built in?
No, the fare rules allow it but the routing rules are very strict. You only have two options:
Code:
Departing ICN on 04/01/18 for LUX
Fare basis code IKX7Y6T0
Flying BA
Routing via Trans-Siberian
Routing code 01    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   IKX7Y6T0       I‡R  1759.00        T01FE  7/3  -/12M TS01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-SEL TO-LUX    CXR-BA    TVL-01APR18  RULE-RWTP IPRTS/44
FARE BASIS-IKX7Y6T0          SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX      RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
KRW  1870000  CONS  E12JAN18 D-INFINITY   FC-IKX7Y6T0  FN-70   
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 11JAN18/0922  EXPIRES INFINITY
 
**** CONSTRUCTED ROUTING SEL-LUX/BA      EF-12JAN18 DIS-INDEF
**PUBLISHED  ICN-AUR   EURG/4    PUBLISHED ROUTING 0027
**ADDON DST      LUX   EURG/4    PUBLISHED ROUTING 0003
 
/BETWEEN AREAS 2 AND 3 VIA SIBERIA WITH NONSTOP BETWEEN EUROPE
AND JAPAN OR KOREA/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
 1. SEL-BA-LON-LUX
 2. SEL-OZ/KE/JL/BA-TYO-BA-LON-LUX
.
skunker is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 11:48 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1k, AS MVPG 75k, SPG/Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat Ambassador
Posts: 5
Any idea how many BAEC Tier points this would collect?
Thanks
Taymour is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 2:12 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: BCN
Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Posts: 460
Originally Posted by Taymour View Post
Any idea how many BAEC Tier points this would collect?
Thanks
40+160+40 LUX-LHR-TYO-ICN
140+40 ICN-LHR-DUS
Total 420 TPs
with the strict routing rules looks like 480 is the max TPs available when going out and and return through TYO.

can anyone with access to the fare rules verify if the LHR-NRT/HND are doable on JL metal/BA marketed?
Taymour likes this.
ubiest is offline  
Old Jan 18, 18, 6:15 pm
  #14  
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TYO
Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Posts: 3,868
Originally Posted by ubiest View Post
can anyone with access to the fare rules verify if the LHR-NRT/HND are doable on JL metal/BA marketed?
They are but availability is usually extremely limited.
armagebedar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: