Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Air India: LHR - MEL/SYD £1,800 GBP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Fare basis: ZLE6MGBI
Flat bed 787s each segment, books into Z: https://www.wheretocredit.com/ai/z

Sample dates:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...018-04-19;sc=b
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Nice.

Can't comment on the quality of AI's J-product, but that's pretty much instant qualification to SK's *G in one trip.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Nice.

Can't comment on the quality of AI's J-product, but that's pretty much instant qualification to SK's *G in one trip.
It's not great, but it's not terrible either. The beds are full flat and wide-ish. There's food. The lounge in DEL is passable. There's PJs and pretty decent amenity kits. The crew are responsive if not always friendly. They have champagne. For the price, and mileage accrual it's not a bad deal. I'd rank Air China better, and if Garuda has a similar fare they are streets ahead of AI.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I'd rank Air China better, and if Garuda has a similar fare they are streets ahead of AI.
FWIW, Air China currently comes in at about £2000 for this route, April departures. What's the score with transit visas for India now?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
FWIW, Air China currently comes in at about £2000 for this route, April departures. What's the score with transit visas for India now?
IIRC Air China was offering fares in the £1200 range a couple times last year? 1800 v 2000 I'd probably stay with AI. CA's A330s have some of the best beds out there - 80 inches long, very comfortable padding. But 2-2-2 so not much privacy. If it was a CA 330 vs AI 788 I'd take CA.

I can't answer for all passports, but generally if you're staying within DEL most major Western passports are fine without any sort of transit visa... it's just airside through security.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:48 am

Pretty keen to pull the trigger on this as it's wide open right through summer; including ex-MEL during July school holidays.

Just waiting for some more reassurance that it's a pretty damn good deal :-)
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VolandoMe
Pretty keen to pull the trigger on this as it's wide open right through summer; including ex-MEL during July school holidays.

Just waiting for some more reassurance that it's a pretty damn good deal :-)
It's not bad. But it's not the lowest (Air China was well under that), and there are often Qatar and other airline fares out of the Scandinavia in the region of £1200 or so. If you're happy with that price, take it. Air India is fine if all you need are the basics (eat, drink, sleep).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.