Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

ST - WAW-China $1080 RT biz

Old Jan 12, 18, 5:32 am
soy
Original Poster

Programs: various

WAW - China deals on Skyteam. Plenty of seats thru EOS. Can take AF/KL or the Chinese carriers. CTU cheapest I saw at $1080
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...AW0KL1369;sc=b
Old Jan 12, 18, 5:48 am

Already reported @ KL: WAW/KRK - XMN/CTU (China) $1160+ rt biz
Old Jan 12, 18, 6:58 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
anyone get this fare routing through HKG?
Old Jan 12, 18, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Anybody managed to book it? AmEx travel and DL website both let me down.
Old Jan 12, 18, 9:53 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
Even though similar ST fares to China ex WAW has been posted before, this is books into I (rather than Z) and is issued by Xiamen which makes the MR earnings different.
Old Jan 12, 18, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by groovyfly View Post
Even though similar ST fares to China ex WAW has been posted before, this is books into I (rather than Z) and is issued by Xiamen which makes the MR earnings different.
I on CZ (China Southern) earns less than Z on KLM on most FFPs, where did you see it can be booked as MF marketed ?
Old Jan 12, 18, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
I on CZ (China Southern) earns less than Z on KLM on most FFPs, where did you see it can be booked as MF marketed ?
Just when searching on ITA Matrix I find a variety of combinations; there seems to be two competing fares (CZ) IPTPL and (MF) IP8PL costing roughly the same.

But the long legs all book into I.

Last edited by groovyfly; Jan 12, 18 at 11:04 am Reason: Clarification
Old Jan 12, 18, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by groovyfly View Post
Just when searching on ITA Matrix I find a variety of combinations; there seems to be two competing fares (CZ) IPTPL and (MF) IP8PL costing roughly the same.

But the long legs all book into I.
I found when the long legs on KL, they booked into Z.
Old Jan 13, 18, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by wmaciej View Post
Anybody managed to book it? AmEx travel and DL website both let me down.
China Southern website wouldn't let me book either... Anybody had more luck?
Old Jan 13, 18, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps View Post
I found when the long legs on KL, they booked into Z.
I do see a mix of Z and I, so I guess one can tinkle with it to get the letter soup that fits ones FFP.

Fare rules state that flights can be on AF, but I have difficulty getting the AF service to CAN without the price shooting up. Anybody have had any success with this?
Old Jan 13, 18, 5:23 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps View Post
anyone get this fare routing through HKG?

Didn't check whether it's actually bookable.
Old Jan 14, 18, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ritesa View Post

Didn't check whether it's actually bookable.
It is bookable via HKG (I booked one last night) but, unlike in its previous incarnation, it no longer allows for stopovers in Hong Kong, so it is a max of 24 hours there. The HKG-HGH segment can be booked on some KA services instead of MU. Obviously, you forego ST miles if you do that but you get access to the CX lounges at HKG, which are much nicer than the ST lounge (especially if you are OW emerald and get access to CX F lounges) + the service on KA is nicer than on MU + KA is less prone to delays than MU.

Booking on one airline's website can be problematic if you have several airlines involved but it is relatively easy to book via the usual OTAs if you are not fussy about the precise routing and specific flights. If you are quite specific, OTOH, it can be a little more difficult and you may need to try several OTAs in different countries. For my precise combination, ebookers UK and ebookers France would not give it to me but ebookers Germany would. I had a slight variation on this which was available on Expedia France but not Expedia UK or Germany, etc... Also, be aware that there is often phantom availability in GDSs on AF or KL-operated CZ codeshares, which results in re-pricing when you try to actually book. If a KL or AF-operated flight does not display availability in Z class under AF or KL code, it is likely that it will not have I class availability under CZ code (or other Chinese airlines). If you book it under AF or KL code for the Europe-Asia segment, the fare rules will allow routing via both AMS and CDG on the way out and ditto for the return (but getting the OTA to generate the itinerary gets trickier). If you have it coded on one of the Chinese airlines, their version of the fare only allows one transfer in Europe, so it is either CDG or AMS at the European end (you can have different ones on the way out and on the way back, though).
groovyfly likes this.
Old Jan 14, 18, 8:44 am

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
Going to CTU via HKG you can max the layover in HKG to 23hours 55 minutes
Old Jan 14, 18, 8:53 am

Programs: Many
Is it routable through other non-Chinese cities than HKG?
Old Jan 14, 18, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by bodory View Post
Is it routable through other non-Chinese cities than HKG?
I saw a lot of options, getting HKG was more difficult, and was trying to get it on a 747 in March, but didn't manage to find it - - for the fare.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: