Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

ST - WAW-China $1080 RT biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ST - WAW-China $1080 RT biz

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by groovyfly
Even though similar ST fares to China ex WAW has been posted before, this is books into I (rather than Z) and is issued by Xiamen which makes the MR earnings different.
Hi guys!
Could you tell me what is the best option to credit it?
Is there any good page to check it?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Thanks OP!

WAW-AMS-HKG
23.55 hrs in HKG
HKG-CTU
2 days
CTU-AMS-WAW

852 EUR all in.

via powertools or not, failed on almost all OTAs, managed to get it finally done through ebookers.de today on first try, thank you NickB. was going to book for friend, but cannot replicate again anywhere now.

Does anyone know if arriving from HKG and continuing to AMS from CTU qualifies for TWOV?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sokol2003
Hi guys!
Could you tell me what is the best option to credit it?
Is there any good page to check it?
Use Where to Credit | How Many Miles | Every Frequent Flyer Program
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Does anyone know if arriving from HKG and continuing to AMS from CTU qualifies for TWOV?
yes - only in case you don't stay longer than 72hrs in China/Chengdu

Have booked the same routing on expedia.de - 832€ plus 16€ credit card surcharge (which is not allowed anymore in the EU since yesterday)
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Going to CTU via HKG you can max the layover in HKG to 23hours 55 minutes
Great itinerary/fare !
Would it be possible to have luggage checked in from WAW to HKG ie picked up in HKG ?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Great itinerary/fare !
Would it be possible to have luggage checked in from WAW to HKG ie picked up in HKG ?
I don't think that tihis would be a problem - at least when the layover is overnight and almost 24 hours.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by groovyfly
I do see a mix of Z and I, so I guess one can tinkle with it to get the letter soup that fits ones FFP.

Fare rules state that flights can be on AF, but I have difficulty getting the AF service to CAN without the price shooting up. Anybody have had any success with this?
I have managed to price up the return leg on AF metal via CAN, 13hrs on their 787 could be nice )) bookable via Delta for 892 Eur
bodory and groovyfly like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Going to CTU via HKG you can max the layover in HKG to 23hours 55 minutes
Can someone help me to create this route on 16-18-20 may? Puzzling for hours but no succes :-(
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Erikbenjamin
Can someone help me to create this route on 16-18-20 may? Puzzling for hours but no succes :-(
Try expedia.de or ebookers.de as multicity option. It did not work for me on most sites either.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Croupier
I have managed to price up the return leg on AF metal via CAN, 13hrs on their 787 could be nice )) bookable via Delta for 892 Eur
Did you price WAW-KL-AMS-KL-PAR-KL-HKG... (or return as you say)? Matrix can't price this for me under the low promo fare for unknown reason and prices under higher Z fare only, while routing and transfer rules for the fares are absolutely same.

Last edited by Keter; Jan 16, 2018 at 7:23 am
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keter
Did you price WAW-KL-AMS-KL-PAR-KL-HKG... (or return as you say)? Matrix can't price this for me under the low promo fare for unknown reason and prices under higher Z fare only, while routing and transfer rules for the fares are absolutely same.
That won't work: the fare is not available under AF code. It is available on KL and on CZ (and possibly some other Chinese ST airlines - I have not checked that). If you book it under KL code, it will let you route WAW-CDG-AMS-China or vice-versa. OTOH, if you book under CZ code, you will have to go for either WAW-CDG-China or WAW-AMS-China.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by NickB
That won't work: the fare is not available under AF code. It is available on KL and on CZ (and possibly some other Chinese ST airlines - I have not checked that). If you book it under KL code, it will let you route WAW-CDG-AMS-China or vice-versa. OTOH, if you book under CZ code, you will have to go for either WAW-CDG-China or WAW-AMS-China.
Well, PAR-HKG is available under KL code, i am just having some hard time to (pre) book this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:58 am

Well, PAR-HKG is available under KL code, i am just having some hard time to (pre) book this.
I checked and as of now this kind of code share does not extend beyond the Winter timetable. But still it does not answer my question with different Z fares.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Wow this is a VERY good deal to get to China/Hong Kong.......thanks
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:54 am

I checked and as of now this kind of code share does not extend beyond the Winter timetable. But still it does not answer my question with different Z fares.
To correct myself it is available in Summer timetable too, but seems to be only on some days or not showing in Expertflyer always for some reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.