Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ermen
  • Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2018.
  • Travel period: 9 January until 10 December 2018. All travel must be completed by 10 December 2018.
  • Blackout dates: 9 June until 10 September 2018
Promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount

Best Fares

Ex Asia
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA return for c.US$1600
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-HKG for c.US$1675

Ex Europe
HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)
Print Wikipost

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
SOF-SIN and SOF-PVG are reasonable deals in J, although not as good as last year. Both can be had for about 2,200 BGN if booked as 1 person, 2,100 if booked for 2, which is 991 or 946 GBP.

For those of you based in the UK, you can book through topcashback.co.uk to get an extra 2.1% off, yet it will still count as booking directly with qatar.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by globetrotter85
I scored LAX-SIN rt for ~$1,750 (2 pax) for dates last November. LAX-DOH was on the somewhat dated 777-200, but DOH-SIN was on their new A350 (J and Y cabins were mostly empty as well!).
Wow! That's a sweet deal. Was it a companion-only fare? I don't have anybody to travel with.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Bosun
Yes the tab for register is both on the app and the web. Did you get the email regarding this sale?
Yes, I just got the email a few hours ago. Will check through the app.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Just brought OSL-MEl for £1476, similar deals to SYD and PER
Coathanger likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by lhioseddy
Yes, I just got the email a few hours ago. Will check through the app.
Nope, doesn't show up even through the app. I've sent them an email about it.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:19 am

I cannot find any decent fares ex DUB. HKG, BKK, HKT are all still over €2k each as they were yesterday
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:32 am

Much the same for LHR - no apparent change.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I've been looking for a bargain flight on QR from (just about anywhere in) Europe to (just about anywhere in) the Far East for July. I have got a number of Google searches saved and load all of them each morning. What I have noticed this morning is that for July at least, from many points of origin prices have gone up - certainly for a single traveller. As an example, last night HEL-BKK-HEL in July was available for about £1089, and depending on the days, with short transits at Doha. This morning it's £1282, i.e. almost £200 more. Flights from ARN and OSL seem to be about the same as yesterday, while flights from BRU to DPS (an earlier good spot on this forum) have increased from £1589 to £2,100. Flights from Vienna, Prague, Venice etc. are about the same as or slightly higher than they were.

Am I just plain unlucky in where and when I want to travel? Or is it that QR have cottoned on to the fact that a large number of people hold off booking flights until early January, and are now testing whether they can run a successful promotion with all the usual razzmataz, but none of the usual deals?
Cargoguy and capt787 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
I cannot find any decent fares ex DUB. HKG, BKK, HKT are all still over €2k each as they were yesterday
Me too. Never seem to be any good fares ex DUB unfortunately for me. Tempted by HEL to BKK though for just over £1K
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Wow! That's a sweet deal. Was it a companion-only fare? I don't have anybody to travel with.
LAX-SIN in QR J last Nov was for solo travelers, and was a great trip in all respects.

Very unlikely we'll see it again.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Is it just me, or does pricing engine behind the QR website ALWAYS run bait-and-switch as you try to piece together "lowest fare" flights?

#maddening
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
It was available for solo travelers at the same price.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:01 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
I've been looking for a bargain flight on QR from (just about anywhere in) Europe to (just about anywhere in) the Far East for July. I have got a number of Google searches saved and load all of them each morning. What I have noticed this morning is that for July at least, from many points of origin prices have gone up - certainly for a single traveller. As an example, last night HEL-BKK-HEL in July was available for about £1089, and depending on the days, with short transits at Doha. This morning it's £1282, i.e. almost £200 more. Flights from ARN and OSL seem to be about the same as yesterday, while flights from BRU to DPS (an earlier good spot on this forum) have increased from £1589 to £2,100. Flights from Vienna, Prague, Venice etc. are about the same as or slightly higher than they were.

Am I just plain unlucky in where and when I want to travel? Or is it that QR have cottoned on to the fact that a large number of people hold off booking flights until early January, and are now testing whether they can run a successful promotion with all the usual razzmataz, but none of the usual deals?

GGLwannebe,

Be careful, June 9 till 10th of September is black out period for this sale.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:07 am

Unreal.

In my entire life, I've spent 3 hours in Dubai on a layover when QR was running a small, but good (and time sensitive, of course) sale last year. VPN and Qatar sites ALL blocked from the lounge.

Plus now I am in Dubai for only 3 days on a stopover and Qatar chooses to start a sale when I am here. VPN and Qatar sites still ALL blocked.

What kind of timing is this!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
More fares reported in the QR forum by justatourist

ARN-KUL: 1348€
ARN-SIN: 1358€

HEL-CNX: 1184€
HEL-UTP: 1188€
HEL-KBV: 1241€
HEL-SGN: 1463€
HEL-PNH: 1599€

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.