Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ermen
  • Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2018.
  • Travel period: 9 January until 10 December 2018. All travel must be completed by 10 December 2018.
  • Blackout dates: 9 June until 10 September 2018
Promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount

Best Fares

Ex Asia
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA return for c.US$1600
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-HKG for c.US$1675

Ex Europe
HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)
Print Wikipost

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Rifter
I can actually get pretty nice fare for two OSL-SYD-ARN around 3050€ from google flights. Cannot find it from Qatar pages though. I wonder if someone has any tips in finding these flights from somewhere?

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...tt=m;sc=b;px=2
Fly back on the 19th and you can price it for 50 eur more.
Edit: Or you could fly back 2 days later on the 23rd for the same price. No A380 though.

Last edited by Croupier; Jan 18, 2018 at 3:35 pm
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:02 pm

It is some new promo code? When I write QRGTB2018 or RMSYGTB, I see only I fare ( I dont see any R fare )
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:37 pm

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Noticed during my nightshift QR Travel Boutique extended till the 22nd of January.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by dutch_122
Noticed during my nightshift QR Travel Boutique extended till the 22nd of January.
That’s because it is a poor sale and they have probably not come near the sales they expected :/
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:59 pm

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha

That’s because it is a poor sale and they have probably not come near the sales they expected :/

You are absolutely correct, wouldn’t be surprised if extended again till end of January!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
You are absolutely correct, wouldn’t be surprised if extended again till end of January!
Since there are very few good deals out there, extending the sale until the end of January isn't going to shift many more seats. For one thing the blackout period is ridiculously long, and most fares within the blackout period have been priced higher than they were before the 'sale' started. I'm waiting for this sale to end, and am hoping something much better will turn up in the next couple of months. If not I'll be taking one of the other One World options to Bangkok; maybe not quite as sybaritic in business class, but several hundred punds cheaper!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
The Travel Boutique Sale has not been extended universally; certainly not in some Asian markets. Remarkably, some itineraries are pricing better now, without discount codes, than they did during the sale with discount codes.

Does anybody have working discount codes? A further 5%-10% discount would help me pull the trigger.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
Since there are very few good deals out there, extending the sale until the end of January isn't going to shift many more seats. For one thing the blackout period is ridiculously long, and most fares within the blackout period have been priced higher than they were before the 'sale' started. I'm waiting for this sale to end, and am hoping something much better will turn up in the next couple of months. If not I'll be taking one of the other One World options to Bangkok; maybe not quite as sybaritic in business class, but several hundred punds cheaper!
indeed, you are correct! I was looking at the Economy seats out of BKK to Europe over the summer. My thinking was that I would buy a ticket that was not T,O,W class so that I could potentially upgrade. Well, suprprise surprise, I found that during the ‘sale’ the upgradable economy tickets COST MORE than before the ‘sale’. Unflipping believable! :/
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
I must say HEL-BKK are up again for 1195EUR. This price was not available during the last official hours of the sale!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:48 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by cysyuen
I must say HEL-BKK are up again for 1195EUR. This price was not available during the last official hours of the sale!
That shows how bad this “sale” was given that was one of the best deals during the sale along with OSL-Oceania and WDH-Europe.

I am glad this faux sale is over with so now they can scheme another sale and hopefully a proper one.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:24 pm
RY7

The next sale would be the valentine day sale, hopefully with better sales
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:27 pm

I booked OSL-DPS for £1200 yesterday - thinking it was my last chance before the sale ended - but the fare is still there with wide availability.

Still a decent price for Bali and on the 787 all the way.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy

That shows how bad this “sale” was given that was one of the best deals during the sale along with OSL-Oceania and WDH-Europe.

I am glad this faux sale is over with so now they can scheme another sale and hopefully a proper one.
I eventually decided to book it. Cost dropped to just £979...
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold. VA Gold
Originally Posted by cysyuen
I eventually decided to book it. Cost dropped to just £979...
Did you have a promo code to get it to drop to that price?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by billyxxx
Did you have a promo code to get it to drop to that price?
I tried the two above codes and neither works. pricing at £1042 but wide open

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.