Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ermen
  • Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2018.
  • Travel period: 9 January until 10 December 2018. All travel must be completed by 10 December 2018.
  • Blackout dates: 9 June until 10 September 2018
Promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount

Best Fares

Ex Asia
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA return for c.US$1600
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-HKG for c.US$1675

Ex Europe
HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)
Print Wikipost

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:16 am

Nothing to get too excited about ex-US:

JFK-AMM -- $2,246
PHL-AMM -- $2,284
LAX-SAW -- $2,686
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:21 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by qupasyd
Nothing to get too excited about ex-US:

JFK-AMM -- $2,246
PHL-AMM -- $2,284
LAX-SAW -- $2,686
Those are disappointing - RJ was selling for much less (JFK/DTW/ORD) last week.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:21 am

Can someone explain the sale page to me? When I pull up DFW and select premium fares only, I see it says DFW-KTM for $1290 but when I search for that fare I don't see that. Even if that is referring to a 1 way, I see prices lower than $2580 which is 2x that price.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I don't know that I would exactly call it a bait-and-switch. It appears to me that on some routes, they're only going to allow you to use the sale fare one way. So as soon as you select it on the outbound, the fare vanishes from the inbound and vice versa.
Yet ITA and Google flights routinely price RTs as 2x the best "one-way" fare one can find, almost every day through the schedule.

So it still functions like bait-and-switch -- or at the very least feels like one -- especially when viewing the page which displays15 days worth of "available" fares.

You do make an interesting observation. I'll see what happens if I try booking a pair of 1Ws. Haven't yet tried to see what a travel agent could do with an itin which both Google Flights and ITA offer up but can't seem to be replicated on QR.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Getting slaughtered on Facebook with this promo
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Can someone explain the sale page to me? When I pull up DFW and select premium fares only, I see it says DFW-KTM for $1290 but when I search for that fare I don't see that. Even if that is referring to a 1 way, I see prices lower than $2580 which is 2x that price.
The outbound price is completely separate to the inbound price. They may be the same, similar or completely different so you can’t just double the outbound price.

Basically you are presented with different price options for each flight depending on schedule and fare type (flexibility).

Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Getting slaughtered on Facebook with this promo
Their comments are blanket statements: "Fare and dates are subject to availability" or "Fares are subject to change and fluctuate"
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
So nothing decent originating or flying to the US?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:59 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
So nothing decent originating or flying to the US?
Correct. They are promoting a $5500+ biz fare from CMB to JFK as a sale when knowingly there is one down the parkway (PHL) for $1400.

So might book one ex-CMB and build in some kind of trip around it. Need to figure out how easy entry/exit in CMB is and whether it’s worth spending a few days there.

FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfingboy

Correct. They are promoting a $5500+ biz fare from CMB to JFK as a sale when knowingly there is one down the parkway (PHL) for $1400.

So might book one ex-CMB and build in some kind of trip around it. Need to figure out how easy entry/exit in CMB is and whether it’s worth spending a few days there.

Bummer, I was also keeping the CMB-PHL fare as a backup incase this sale didn't offer anything worthwhile.

Guess I'll be heading to Sri Lanka
golfingboy likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X
Long shot... any deals from Cardiff?
Does this count as Ex EU?
mr_botak, Great_circle and 1flyer like this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by zsc
Tried UK-based OTAs, none were able to do it without pricing each flight as a one-way. Looking to book an ARN-KUL run but the only arrivals for the return leg into ARN arrive at night, no connecting flights to get me back to the UK... will have to put up a night (ie. extra costs) if I wanted to go ahead with it.
Try return to MUC - a little more expensive but avoids ARN hotel...and possibly shorter DOH transit!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Agent69
Does this count as Ex EU?
Wales voted to leave the EU - though Cardiff was one of just 5 Welsh council districts that voted to remain - so it most definitely is ex-EU
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by fbrj
Try return to MUC - a little more expensive but avoids ARN hotel...and possibly shorter DOH transit!
but segments DOH-MUC/MUC-DOH are operated by LATAM A350 aircrafts with J configuration 2-2-2
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Bummer, I was also keeping the CMB-PHL fare as a backup incase this sale didn't offer anything worthwhile.

Guess I'll be heading to Sri Lanka
What's you plan for positioning to CMB cost effectively?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.