Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ermen
  • Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2018.
  • Travel period: 9 January until 10 December 2018. All travel must be completed by 10 December 2018.
  • Blackout dates: 9 June until 10 September 2018
Promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount

Best Fares

Ex Asia
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA return for c.US$1600
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-HKG for c.US$1675

Ex Europe
HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)
Print Wikipost

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by justatourist
In the travel festival or after? I keep a file with some of the previous sales prices for Western Europe departures (to serve as reference) and must have missed that.
Booked on 10JAN16, CDG-DOH-KUL-DOH-CDG, for 1295€ each (I think it was a partner special).
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:39 am

Here's a link to last year's thread >
[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

Don't be fooled by some of this year's "sale" prices.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Use Google Flights to check prices. Then call QR and book over the phone.

Failing which:

Use GF to check prices. Then call a friend and ask him/her to book for you from their computer outside the UAE.
Two issues with that:
1. Google Flight is not necessarily up-to-date. Better to just have a phone call with that friend and have him/her look up flights directly on QR and avoiding the "I saw this on Google Flights"-"Can't price it on QR" back and forth.
2. If the friend is not traveling the transaction is possibly going to be redflagged by anti-fraud mechanism and you'll have to send in payment card information and other documents, a process that, according to reports by some, is rather annoying.

Just my .02
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:42 am

You might be able to save up to 15% off on some destinations from LHR using promo code FLYMOREQR

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...-discount.html
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:46 am

I'm pretty sure they're having IT issues of some sort. I was on the US site, and it was showing the ZAR currency, thought I was going to be able to get a super cheap 6k ZAR business class flight. It reverted to USD in the booking stage.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by useyourname
I'm pretty sure they're having IT issues of some sort. I was on the US site, and it was showing the ZAR currency, thought I was going to be able to get a super cheap 6k ZAR business class flight. It reverted to USD in the booking stage.
Indeed. Switzerland fares showed Rubels at some point, it has been fixed now though...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:10 am

Long shot... any deals from Cardiff? I quite fancy supporting them for choosing my local airport.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:11 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Possibly off-topic - can multi-city mixed fare bookings be made through QR? Managed to price out a decent fare on ITA Matrix but don't know how to proceed.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by zsc
Possibly off-topic - can multi-city mixed fare bookings be made through QR? Managed to price out a decent fare on ITA Matrix but don't know how to proceed.
Call em, or use an OTA. Kayak is fairly good for searching out mixed fares.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by zsc
I'd be interested in the answer to this too. Last year, I booked a promo CAI-DOH-HKG/KUL-DOH-LHR with the outward legs in economy and return legs in business. It was an excellent fare and met my needs exactly, as I was flying with someone else on the outward. But I can't for the life of me remember how I did it! It might just have been luck with the outward flights having no J inventory left, I suppose.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:29 am

Don't see any USA to SIN for $1800ish J like last year sale
NikaK likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:30 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Tried UK-based OTAs, none were able to do it without pricing each flight as a one-way. Looking to book an ARN-KUL run but the only arrivals for the return leg into ARN arrive at night, no connecting flights to get me back to the UK... will have to put up a night (ie. extra costs) if I wanted to go ahead with it.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage EP
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Got lucky last year with the 1800 J fare to SIN. Have to go back again and was hoping this sale would have similar prices in J. Looks like the lowest price tickets in J are coming in around 15k for the same trip I made last year on my travel dates. Doesn’t look like there are any good J deals this year. I noticed a significant price increase in J fares after the Q Suite was announced. Any chance that J Fares will show up later? Right now only Economy appears to be on sale. I only saw a premium fare from DFw to katmandu for 1300. No other premium fares announced ex-US yet.
What dates did you see for DFw to katmandu for 1300? I looked but didn't see any priced like that.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
This is far from a "Global" sale. J is blacked out all summer and not even available ex-US. Yesterday showed JFK to Katmandu for $1390 but it's gone today (tried to book yesterday, but only found $14k fares). These prices are no real bargain. Most routes have similar prices readily available on other airlines. Last year's sale was great, but since that sale, all QR's "sales" have been quite pitiful for those of us in the States. Looks like very few real "sale" fares out there this go around.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Doug DH
What dates did you see for DFw to katmandu for 1300? I looked but didn't see any priced like that.
This price never existed. It was shown on the boutique page if you select DFW and premium fares only, but it was never actually reflected in the fares--at least none that I saw and I reviewed every date on the calendar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.