Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

China Eastern : CEB - MAD $1,137 RT

Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:58 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- has this gotten even cheaper?

https://www.momondo.com/flightsearch...false&NA=false
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:15 am
AHO

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
It's the same deal as the one you posted few months ago.

China Eastern: Cebu - Madrid (and more) $1,094 RT
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: CX MPO GO, HH GO, SPG, GO
Has anyone had any luck changing their dates for the tickets on this deal?

I can see seats available in the booking class on EF, so the idea is to book the dates that are available and then change once I've booked paying the penalty, before I pul the trigger I was wondering if anyone had luck changing the dates?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by chynacom

I can see seats available in the booking class on EF, so the idea is to book the dates that are available and then change once I've booked paying the penalty, before I pul the trigger I was wondering if anyone had luck changing the dates?
Most of the tickets don't work like that - generally speaking if changing first fare component the fare reprices uses new fares in effect thus costing you more.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Am I correct in understanding this would earn 40% miles flown as MQMs? Or 6256 MQMs?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:22 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by sqpat17
Am I correct in understanding this would earn 40% miles flown as MQMs? Or 6256 MQMs?
No, it would earn 200% RDM (These are the miles you spend for free award flights), 150% MQM (These are the elite qualification miles, to earn status) and 40% MQD (A calculation of what Delta thinks you spent $ on the ticket, that is needed to hit the minimum spend requirements to have status) As long as you dont buy through delta. On top of this, if you have status with Delta, you would get a bonus on the RDM.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
No, it would earn 200% RDM (These are the miles you spend for free award flights), 150% MQM (These are the elite qualification miles, to earn status) and 40% MQD (A calculation of what Delta thinks you spent $ on the ticket, that is needed to hit the minimum spend requirements to have status) As long as you dont buy through delta. On top of this, if you have status with Delta, you would get a bonus on the RDM.
Sorry, typo - It was indeed 40% MQDs that I meant. Thanks for your answer.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
As long as you dont buy through delta. On top of this, if you have status with Delta, you would get a bonus on the RDM.
I believe that ticketing carrier no longer matters for Delta earnings on MU.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:54 pm

Anyone knows what the maximum stay?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by tboons
Anyone knows what the maximum stay?
Three months
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:41 pm

Thanks!
Anyone know where is a good for value money place to stay in cebu with a decent spot for diving?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:09 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by angra
I believe that ticketing carrier no longer matters for Delta earnings on MU.

It is my understanding that it still does, especially for MQD and RDM, which would go based on of the ticket price paid to Delta minus all taxes. So on this fare, being a cheap J, you are going to earn way more on a China Eastern ticketed flight than a DL. Especially someone with no status! MQM might be the same though.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by chynacom

Yes, I changed the dates of my trip. Originally booked on Orbitz so clicked the Change Flight link in the itin in my Orbitz account and found other dates when the charge was just $80 and some pennies (the change fee plus currency fluctuation). I could actually change to any date at all but fare difference would apply if the same fare was not available on that date.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
It is my understanding that it still does, especially for MQD and RDM, which would go based on of the ticket price paid to Delta minus all taxes. So on this fare, being a cheap J, you are going to earn way more on a China Eastern ticketed flight than a DL. Especially someone with no status! MQM might be the same though.
Hopefully someone can clarify soon. The rules as described in the link I gave seem to imply that as of 2018 it no longer matters, but I'd hardly put it past Delta to have a contradictory rule buried somewhere, or to just flat out not properly state the rules.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by angra
Hopefully someone can clarify soon. The rules as described in the link I gave seem to imply that as of 2018 it no longer matters, but I'd hardly put it past Delta to have a contradictory rule buried somewhere, or to just flat out not properly state the rules.
It doesn't matter. Just go by the flight number. If it's DLxxxx it earns as a DL flight. If it's MUxxxx it earns as MU, no matter who issues the ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.