Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

JFK to France in C: USD 2,340 All Alliances this Summer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

One example below, but I found very good intra-France connections too, as well as similar fares for flights to Milan and Rome. If you add connections intra-France, they add usually $50-100 to the ticket and book into the W or J fare classes which get more miles (although of course the domestic flights themselves only offer economy service).

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...018-08-02;sc=b
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Also, IAD, MIA and EWR at similar prices, SEA at 2,600 and BOS at 2,000...
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL plat
This is okay from the east coast - nothing special. Historically we've seen these go for around $1800-2000 by the time April rolls around
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 15cats
This is okay from the east coast - nothing special. Historically we've seen these go for around $1800-2000 by the time April rolls around
Maybe not milage run worthy but the prices are lower than normal.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

It is very rare to find domestic connections this cheap, so I think it is a good deal for France and Italy, although for mileage runs there are other options. I have paid as little as 1,300 for my Summer flights before but it did not take me to my final destination and I also had to buy seprate domestic or intra-Europe tickets. Also some years I have paid as much as $4,000...
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Price ex-SEA is pretty decent, a few dates under $2500 to CDG and a touch higher throughout other destinations in France. I.e., NTE at $2537 round trip with connections in either CDG or AMS.

Similar pricing to ZRH and GVA on ST.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by 15cats
Originally Posted by af fp
It is very rare to find domestic connections this cheap, so I think it is a good deal for France and Italy, although for mileage runs there are other options. I have paid as little as 1,300 for my Summer flights before but it did not take me to my final destination and I also had to buy seprate domestic or intra-Europe tickets. Also some years I have paid as much as $4,000...
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Price ex-SEA is pretty decent, a few dates under $2500 to CDG and a touch higher throughout other destinations in France. I.e., NTE at $2537 round trip with connections in either CDG or AMS.

Similar pricing to ZRH and GVA on ST.
Looking to travel US-CPH-US this summer (July/August) in J, should I wait till April for better fares? Ideal routing would be JFK-CPH-SFO (with a stopover in CDG in either direction), but prepared to buy separate o/w tickets between SFO & JFK as well as separate tickets for intra-Europe segments.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Looking to travel US-CPH-US this summer (July/August) in J, should I wait till April for better fares? Ideal routing would be JFK-CPH-SFO (with a stopover in CDG in either direction), but prepared to buy separate o/w tickets between SFO & JFK as well as separate tickets for intra-Europe segments.
Don't let my opinion stop you from a perfectly reasonable fare that suits your purposes. If you find a routing, airline, and itinerary that is to your liking go for it. I very roughly price business class as 3.5x economy so these levels are inline with my personal view of "fair". I go to Europe a few times per year for business and leisure so I follow these fares in particular. My point is that the past few years there have been times when many destinations get down around $1500 where they become good value. I'm of the view (somewhat selfishly) that the more people who book these "reasonable" fares of $2300, the less inventory that an airline needs to deep discount beyond that price point. Also I'm a bit more of an opportunist in my traveling so I don't feel the need to jump on this is particular, but you may feel differently and should do what suits your needs!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Price back up to $3,000. Glad I bought but will keep monitoring just to see if a better deal comes up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.