Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/AA/UA US-PEK J class $2200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PP, DL DM, UA SL, CX GO, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold

Hey guys, not sure if this is a big discounted deal, but I'm seeing a lot of J class fares from cities like ORD and RDU to PEK for $2200 RT. It includes both legs on DL's new A350 suites, which seems to be outrageously cheap given my usual spend of $4-5K for these business trips to China.

Link: https://goo.gl/flights/UKn4 or search for ORD-PEK round trip biz on Google flights for dates starting next week.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
I booked one out and it was in I, so not sure if actually J or not. For I its not a horrible deal 28k+ EQMs for EXP on AA
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
It's a very good price but also on those routes you'll notice that new Premium Economy cabin is on sale for as little as $609 R/T (and usually $609-$750). GREAT price for PE. Especially since most connecting legs are in domestic first class.

BOS will be your cheapest routing but GSO and RDU also have the fares. All through April..

ATL
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:19 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Coffee84
I booked one out and it was in I, so not sure if actually J or not. For I its not a horrible deal 28k+ EQMs for EXP on AA
I is a J fare bucket. Deeply discounted but J (business) class.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Originally Posted by golfingboy

I is a J fare bucket. Deeply discounted but J (business) class.
Yeah but not going to credit the same on AA for EQD : 3 EQD for J 2 EQD for I
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Coffee84
Yeah but not going to credit the same on AA for EQD : 3 EQD for J 2 EQD for I
I am not clear - are you referring to the special fare chart where EQD is calculated by distance?

You are correct about I fare basis earning less EQMs.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Being discussed here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1884084-bos-pek-delta-a350-premium-economy-618-a.html

Booked a UA fare last year out of BOS to PEK via SFO. Lieflat all the way on PS and 77w.

Almost booked DL 359 as well on the same route via DTW, but I will have sufficient MQD this year based on partner flights crediting to DL.

Last edited by Repooc17; Jan 3, 2018 at 7:18 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Good fare!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:23 pm

You can do AA vacations ORD-PEK Mar 8-13 for $2570 for one person. That's 16K miles plus hotel, cheaper than the business class fare ORD-PEK alone ($2670). I'm not clear if EQD would earn at 20% or 14% of mileage.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by CAWineNerd
You can do AA vacations ORD-PEK Mar 8-13 for $2570 for one person. That's 16K miles plus hotel, cheaper than the business class fare ORD-PEK alone ($2670). I'm not clear if EQD would earn at 20% or 14% of mileage.
It will earn 20% for I but make sure the asterisk is there next to the fare code or else the account will be credited based on fare paid not distance.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:56 am

Award Calculations

It will earn 20% for I but make sure the asterisk is there next to the fare code or else the account will be credited based on fare paid not distance.
TIA
I have researched and see AA vacations is laying out a deal on the BOS-PEK Pkg. My question is how are the awards to be attributive. There is the " * " on each flight so is apears you say the awards miles, EQD's & EQM's are mileage based going to the AA FF program? Please help me calculate each of these as AA sees them in calculating.

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by CJPacker
TIA
I have researched and see AA vacations is laying out a deal on the BOS-PEK Pkg. My question is how are the awards to be attributive. There is the " * " on each flight so is apears you say the awards miles, EQD's & EQM's are mileage based going to the AA FF program? Please help me calculate each of these as AA sees them in calculating.

Thanks
Perfect, so the asterisks are there next to the fare class for both flights... BOS-DFW is booked in D and DFW-PEK in I.

According to the tables at this link https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...cial-fares.jsp you will earn the following amount based on distance:

BOS-DFW (1,562 miles)

3,124 EQMs
$391 EQDs

DFW-PEK (6,971 miles)

13,942 EQMs
$1,394 EQDs

For a total earnings of 17,066 EQMs and $1,785 EQDs for the outbound sector alone. If we assume the exact same routing and fare classes for the return trip then you will earn $3,570 EQDs and 34,132 EQMs for the full round trip. Hope this helps!

Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Exec P, Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Avis Pres. Club, Hertz Gold
Good find. I wish there were better options from PEK to other asian countries like Japan, Thailand, Singapore, etc. to take advantage of this fare but actually go somewhere a little more tourist friendly.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:41 pm

Perfect, so the asterisks are there next to the fare class for both flights... BOS-DFW is booked in D and DFW-PEK in I.

According to the tables at this link https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...cial-fares.jsp you will earn the following amount based on distance:

BOS-DFW (1,562 miles)

3,124 EQMs
$391 EQDs

DFW-PEK (6,971 miles)

13,942 EQMs
$1,394 EQDs

For a total earnings of 17,066 EQMs and $1,785 EQDs for the outbound sector alone. If we assume the exact same routing and fare classes for the return trip then you will earn $3,570 EQDs and 34,132 EQMs for the full round trip. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the analysis and link. I overlooked AA vacations status valuation apply within special fares. And apparently EQD's are based on mileage and not the fare. awesome!!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:35 pm

golfingboy....TIA
Another question about AA Vacations. Another AA Vacation I'm looking at is a PE fare between BOS & PEK. If special fare chart is handle this as a Q & P class, how did you break up the fight into $/segment.? So able to go to the chart and multiply times 10% & 30% by segment for EQD's.
Also the special fares chart shows P as a first class fare where the seating is PE in this flight?
Vacation = - $1,300 depending on hotel choice.

Last edited by CJPacker; Jan 4, 2018 at 5:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.