Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can anyone find anything better than the $1200 (using QRSUBSCRIBER) fares between CMB-PHL...wondering if the Europe to Australia fares might be a better bet? or ex-ALG fares.
With the discount, Pisa to CMB is available for Ł1100 return. If you combine it with this PHL deal, it becomes the ultimate MR!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
What's interesting are the ATL-DEL flights for $2,600 using same promo code.

You could conceivably create two vacations to the Indian subcontinent... ATL-DOH-DEL-CMB-DOH-PHL-DOH-CMB-DEL-DOH-ATL.

Totaling around $3,800 for 39,140 miles.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by tennislover9
What's interesting are the ATL-DEL flights for $2,600 using same promo code.

You could conceivably create two vacations to the Indian subcontinent... ATL-DOH-DEL-CMB-DOH-PHL-DOH-CMB-DEL-DOH-ATL.

Totaling around $3,800 for 39,140 miles.
Damn. ATL is actually my base when I am in the US. Thanks for the idea. Deciding if I should cancel some award tickets now...
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
Does anyone have positioning recommendations that credit to AA? I've been researching high EQD-earning ex-USA itineraries (PE or above) but I haven't found anything sub-$2,000 roundtrip.

Any advice?
Ba: Lax-blr/del/bom/maa y+ $1700
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Anyone know when the QRSUBSCRIBER code will expire?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Anyone know when the QRSUBSCRIBER code will expire?
March 7
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by travelover4
March 7
is it just me or the code does not work anymore
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by db07mufan

is it just me or the code does not work anymore
Code still works for me. If using a Visa card to pay, you can use the code VISAWKD which actually made the price of this fare $1207 as opposed to $1215 with the QRSUBSCRIBER code
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:29 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
Does anyone have positioning recommendations that credit to AA? I've been researching high EQD-earning ex-USA itineraries (PE or above) but I haven't found anything sub-$2,000 roundtrip.

Any advice?
I am in the same boat. CX has some halfway decent PE fares from YYZ and YVR that I might even be able to get it down a little by booking thru AMEX IAP.

Originally Posted by ckd38
While decent this forgets the fact that US citizens will need a visa to enter India. Unless we are allowed to do international transit on separate tickets?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by golfingboy

While decent this forgets the fact that US citizens will need a visa to enter India. Unless we are allowed to do international transit on separate tickets?
Not sure if it was allowed (did the e-visa just in case) but I did CMB-MAA then MAA-AUH-IAD on two separate tickets. When I checked in with UL, they asked for my visa or onward ticket. Showed them my next ticket. They sent a letter ahead to MAA and they met me at the gate to do my transfer. Had to sit in this weird holding area while the rep went downstairs to check me in. Probably helped that I was OWE, connecting from UL-EY first class. I'd imagine YMMV.
golfingboy likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
Originally Posted by golfingboy
I just did this last month in DEL. It took a phone call at check-in (UA, to make sure it was legal) and a few minutes at the transfer desk in DEL, but overall painless and smoother than expected.

dan
golfingboy likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:43 am

Hmm good to know. The outgoing I'm looking at looks like it would connect well in BOM (LHR-BOM arrives at 12:15am, BOM-CMB departs at 3:10am). However, my issue is with the return. It would be CMB-BOM on UL connecting to BOM-DEL-LHR (BA PNR but BOM-DEL operated by AI).

I assume I would need a visa in this situation since there's a domestic segment, right? Annoying that this routing is the only option being given to me on the dates I need.

Originally Posted by stefg1007
Not sure if it was allowed (did the e-visa just in case) but I did CMB-MAA then MAA-AUH-IAD on two separate tickets. When I checked in with UL, they asked for my visa or onward ticket. Showed them my next ticket. They sent a letter ahead to MAA and they met me at the gate to do my transfer. Had to sit in this weird holding area while the rep went downstairs to check me in. Probably helped that I was OWE, connecting from UL-EY first class. I'd imagine YMMV.

Last edited by ckd38; Mar 5, 2018 at 9:15 am
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I just ticketed this and credit to AA. Really an amazing EQD deal. 1250 for 2.9x EQD, plus a free hotel night in Doha. Thanks OP!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Marriot
Originally Posted by frebay
I just ticketed this and credit to AA. Really an amazing EQD deal. 1250 for 2.9x EQD, plus a free hotel night in Doha. Thanks OP!
what was the fare basis. I can only see R class tickets and Not J class. Confused as to what will be credited to AA.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by FLyHNL

what was the fare basis. I can only see R class tickets and Not J class. Confused as to what will be credited to AA.
It's R class. 18,082 miles x 20% = 3616 EQD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.