Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by lingua101
just curious. It will be tough for me to catach the 2055 flight our of CMB that connect directly to PHL flight. If I take 0300 am flight out of CMB, I will end up 19 hours in DOH. Will QR provide accommodation? If not, any hotel nearby or it is better to go to town?
What dates? A program called Qatar Plus offers a free stopover. (It expires in December. May be extended, but that is not guaranteed, etc.) You get one hotel night free, second one for $50. If you don't qualify for visa-free entry into Qata (many nationalities do), it will facilitate a free transit visa. However, your ticket should have QR marketed and operated flights, and be booked at QR website. See https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar .

Last edited by aktchi; Mar 21, 2018 at 1:06 am
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by aktchi
What dates? A program called Qatar Plus offers a free stopover. (It expires in December. May be extended, but that is not guaranteed, etc.) You get one hotel night free, second one for $50. If you don't qualify for visa-free entry into Qata (many nationalities do), it will facilitate a free transit visa. However, your ticket should have QR marketed and operated flights, and be booked at QR website. See https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar .
looking sometimes in november.

I am thinking to do this
2-NOV QR669 CMB DOH 03:00 06:10
3-NOV QR727 DOH PHL 01:55 08:45

9-NOV QR728 PHL DOH 09:40 06:00+:
10-NOV QR654 DOH CMB 09:10 16:35

So I only need hotel on outbound. As I will arrive 6am and departing after midnight, is it sufficient for me to book 1 night, check in on 2-nov and check out at 3-nov? Standard check in time is 3pm right?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond

I am thinking to do this

So I only need hotel on outbound. As I will arrive 6am and departing after midnight, is it sufficient for me to book 1 night, check in on 2-nov and check out at 3-nov? Standard check in time is 3pm right?
Mate, just book 2 nights and pay the $50 for the second night. If DOH is full, they won't let you in the room until 4pm - unless you have status.

Check in Nov 1, tell them you are not arriving until the next morning, and check out Nov 3, that way you can stay in the hotel until 11pm on he night of the 2nd. Especially as you have a long flight to PHL. Uber or taxi at that time of night takes 35-40 minutes max.

I recommend the Intercontinental The City - Note: 2 IC's in Doha, the one I recommend is "IC The City" if it is available, but when you book your Plus Qatar it will list the hotels available to you, depending on your QR status.

Just go to this link and book it now, it'll confirm immediately, it's amazing! https://www.qatarairways.com/en-in/o...lus-qatar.html

And depending on you passport / nationality, don't worry about the visa, it happens as you go through immigration - if you are one of the 80 visa free countries.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:29 am

I am thinking to do this
As I will arrive 6am and departing after midnight, is it sufficient for me to book 1 night, check in on 2-nov and check out at 3-nov? Standard check in time is 3pm right?
Each hotel will have its own policy, but yes I'd expect sometime in the afternoon. IMHO, a hotel with your proposed schedule does not make much sense. You will be checking in at 3PM and checking out at 11PM? May as well stay an extra day, see the city, get some sleep.

You need the ticket number to book the hotel, and only one stay per ticket number (whether the ticket is one way or rt, and however many pax on it). If traveling with another person, you can get an extra stay if on separate tickets.

Last edited by aktchi; Mar 21, 2018 at 10:39 am
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
I recommend the Intercontinental The City - Note: 2 IC's in Doha, the one I recommend is "IC The City" if it is available, but when you book your Plus Qatar it will list the hotels available to you, depending on your QR status.
I am struggling with the hotel choice. IC City, Marriott, Westin, Warwick, Hilton, etc are available on my dates. IC City is near the "City Center", but on the map this area does not seem central at all! It seems as if Westin etc (near Souq Waqif) would be more central. But this is just by looking at the maps. I would appreciate any comments.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by aktchi
I am struggling with the hotel choice. IC City, Marriott, Westin, Warwick, Hilton, etc are available on my dates. IC City is near the "City Center", but on the map this area does not seem central at all! It seems as if Westin etc (near Souq Waqif) would be more central. But this is just by looking at the maps. I would appreciate any comments.
having stayed in both Westin and IC, if you like to lounge by the pool, the Westin is a better choice. IC is close by several shopping malls and the Corniche.
Westin is somewhat in a no-man’s land not near many attractions (not many anyway IMO).
Both have great breakfast spread.
Where the IC shines is in the rooms on the high floors which have great views of the city and the corniche waterfront.
aktchi likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:58 am
soy

Programs: various
For anyone wondering where to stay on the DOH stopover, there is a long thread over in the QR forum that deals specifically with this topic.

Now, back to regular programming and premium fares.....
aktchi likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Booked this myself - ORD based so bought a one way ORD-DOH-BKK on QR for $500 then BKK-CMB on UL for $240. To get back home, scored CMB-AUH-JFK on EY on a J/F award (first time in The Apartments) and then AA on the LGA-ORD leg. Still waiting to figure out what I want to do on the PHL-ORD legs as I am doing the outbound in May and the return trip in August.
I am urious: Are you ALL doing this for mileage runs ? What will be the total CPM ?
I would do it as I have homes in India....but my stays tend to be 45-60 day ranges.....so I don't think will be able to put it to good use...Am I correct ?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
I am urious: Are you ALL doing this for mileage runs ? What will be the total CPM ?
I would do it as I have homes in India....but my stays tend to be 45-60 day ranges.....so I don't think will be able to put it to good use...Am I correct ?
I am interested in OW status and QR/BA/CX etc do help with that. However, my choice of CAI or CMB is based on the fact that these are interesting places, are close to other interesting places, and also combine well with my family visits to India.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: CO

I am thinking to do this

Having done this a few times in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Doha I've had zero issue checking in at 8-9am and just using the room for the day before checking out at 5pm and heading back to the airport (or later in your case). The rooms in Abu Dhabi and Doha were booked via respective stopover programs. The airlines/hotels are well aware of this early AM arrival issue. I'm not sure if the other posters have used the program and had issue with this or not but I've had zero problems with it. Contact Qatar airways after booking to be extra safe
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:01 pm

Can anyone confirm that the free 2 day Sri Lanka transit visa is good for a full 48 hours?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Originally Posted by mster
Can anyone confirm that the free 2 day Sri Lanka transit visa is good for a full 48 hours?

It is a online visa application that is free , just enter your dates and they send you a visa if 48 hr is ok.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by ianp
It is a online visa application that is free , just enter your dates and they send you a visa if 48 hr is ok.
I know it is free. My question is whether anyone can confirm that the "2 day" option on the ETA application site definitively allows for entries of a full 48 hours.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by nikbruno
Having done this a few times in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Doha I've had zero issue checking in at 8-9am and just using the room for the day before checking out at 5pm and heading back to the airport (or later in your case). The rooms in Abu Dhabi and Doha were booked via respective stopover programs. The airlines/hotels are well aware of this early AM arrival issue. I'm not sure if the other posters have used the program and had issue with this or not but I've had zero problems with it. Contact Qatar airways after booking to be extra safe
I call QR. they cannot give me more information. They said it is up to the hotel. They give me the email address for plusqatar. I wrote to them and have not received any reply other than automation reply.

Just curious, I am SPG Platinum, can I get the benefit when I stay in Westin?

I do not see where I can get USD50 for second night. It is USD100 I believe. If this is the case, I may stay on some of the Accor property in town.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:37 am

I do not see where I can get USD50 for second night. It is USD100 I believe. If this is the case, I may stay on some of the Accor property in town.
Wow, the second night, which was $50 when I checked last, has indeed jumped to $100. Sneaky of them. This makes the 2-night stopover somewhat less attractive.

(Thankfully the first night is still free. Then for the second night you can get a hotel on your own for less than $100. Or just do a one night stay.)

Last edited by aktchi; Mar 22, 2018 at 7:43 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.