Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Great J/F Deals Out of CAI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great J/F Deals Out of CAI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ignorantcow
Yes and no. That's like saying anything in the $2,000 range is a "good deal" TATL fare, for example. Yes arguably it is a good deal, but is it really worth posting about when anyone can find it on GF?
Well, yes. Not everyone is aware of the Cairo thing, and for anyone with frequent trips to Egypt, or who spends time there, the curent fares offer very good value.

New peopleae pouring into FT all the time, so it does no harm at all to resurrect old tricks.
Markie and Thunderroad like this.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
The main problem is that many of the formerly useful fares had changes to stopover rules, so CAI-south america is now $1200 if you add stops in north america or canada. Used to be you could juice a free trip to south america out of one of these if you lived in N America. That was a real bargain. Debatable whether $1200 is worth it, probably still a worthwhile deal if you were to go to EZE, IPC or GRU...
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:05 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by stephem
The main problem is that many of the formerly useful fares had changes to stopover rules, so CAI-south america is now $1200 if you add stops in north america or canada. Used to be you could juice a free trip to south america out of one of these if you lived in N America. That was a real bargain. Debatable whether $1200 is worth it, probably still a worthwhile deal if you were to go to EZE, IPC or GRU...

whwre did you seen 1200$? i see only 2k+
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by raporot
whwre did you seen 1200$? i see only 2k+
My point was that it’s now base fare plus $1200. Most of the fares have a $600 charge per US stopover.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I think very soon sweet deals will end out of CAI. LX has just adjusted their F+J fares recently and surprisingly they doubled their premium fares
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I think very soon sweet deals will end out of CAI. LX has just adjusted their F+J fares recently and surprisingly they doubled their premium fares
That was a sad loss, but it was really hard for me to use due to the very limited days LX flew into CAI. As hard as I tried, I couldn't get it to price out using the OS or LH flights ex-CAI even though the fare rules said it was allowed.
For now at least TK and MS are still playing the game. Not sure how long that will last, but I have a feeling as long as MS offers cheap C fares, TK will as well. It's not of much use to alliance tied flyers, but WY also offers really good deals out of CAI. All 3 of them play nice with one-ways as well, which LX did not. That's a bonus for people looking for a cheap premium seat out of the region but don't need a full mileage run.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Lufthansa adjusted its (quite crazy) Cairo fares a decade ago, and the ripples didn't spread. So I wouldn't say Swiss realignment presages doom all round.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA MP - 1K
How so?

Can you give an example of LX doubling their premium fares out of CAI? In my experience, the fares have gone up by say 25-30% but hardly doubled - at least for any South East Asian destinations (SIN / BKK / HKG).
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by tnkngn
How so?

Can you give an example of LX doubling their premium fares out of CAI? In my experience, the fares have gone up by say 25-30% but hardly doubled - at least for any South East Asian destinations (SIN / BKK / HKG).
CAI-SIN RT now in F is USD$ 9772 it used to be USD$ 3500
CAI-SIN RT in P now is USD$ 1950 it used to be USD$ 1200

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.