Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OS: OSL-LIS 315EUR / VIE-LIS lie-flat (books into P / June 18)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK AF HHonors

This maybe of interest for some Scandinavians. According to Googleflight TAP uses a Airbus 330 with lie-flat on the leg VIE-LIS.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...1;sc=b;mp=1300

Last edited by Flyer de luxe; Dec 18, 2017 at 8:13 am
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Good price and nice with the lie-flat segment.

But with regards to the mileage calculations, wheretocredit.com only says you earn about 2400 miles, so less of a mileage run
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by groovyfly

But with regards to the mileage calculations, wheretocredit.com only says you earn about 2400 miles, so less of a mileage run
OS P class accrues miles at 100% to SK Eurobonus, but there is unfortunately also this line in the earnings table
"You are not allowed to earn or spend points on the following flightranges, OS2000 - OS2999, OS7000 - OS9999."
Meaning that the TP operated flights do not earn points

Other programs are likely different though, and there are many programs that earn at 100% for P on OS
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK AF HHonors
Comment on the points accrual on SK Eurobonus taken out. Thanks for the comments.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Originally Posted by flylonghaul
OS P class accrues miles at 100% to SK Eurobonus, but there is unfortunately also this line in the earnings table
"You are not allowed to earn or spend points on the following flightranges, OS2000 - OS2999, OS7000 - OS9999."
Meaning that the TP operated flights do not earn points

Other programs are likely different though, and there are many programs that earn at 100% for P on OS
Isn't earnings in *A always based on metal? In which case earnings in P on TP will be pretty meagre regardless of FFP...
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:23 pm

Isn't earnings in *A always based on metal? In which case earnings in P on TP will be pretty meagre regardless of FFP...
I am far from an expert but think it depends on the program.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: *G
*A earnings does depend on metal, and the booking class of the operating carrier. The "P" booking class on the TP flight is with an OS code so it will be mapped to some other class on TP, and that is what credit will be based on. P on TP is a low economy according to EuroBonus earning tables, so it will be something diffent and I believe all TP business class fares gives 200% to EuroBonus.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With travel date some 6 months out be prepared for schedule & equipment changes. Great lie-flat find for an intra-EU trip though. Hope it sticks!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:49 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Yes I am hesitant to book this due to the probability of equipment change. Why is there an A330 on this route those dates ? Or is it a regular occurence due to cargo demand ?

As mentioned above, on *A the points crediting are solely from the operating carrier. So one needs to find what fare in TP the OS P fare map into (and this can be something surprising and unexpected) and then figure the credit from there. It is likely this would go to a regular business class fare and thus earns 150/200 % on most programs
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
The TP A330 usually runs on the VIE rotation between South America runs but has on occasion been swapped with AMS. So equipment changes do happen depending on South American operations. Don't buy this fare purely for the lie-flat part of it, although the fare is not at all bad anyway and round trip could be a lucrative SK or A3 mileage earner.

LH-group P class maps to the lowest business class on TP, which is J and will credit 200% to most *A schemes.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
The TP A330 usually runs on the VIE rotation between South America runs but has on occasion been swapped with AMS. So equipment changes do happen depending on South American operations. Don't buy this fare purely for the lie-flat part of it, although the fare is not at all bad anyway and round trip could be a lucrative SK or A3 mileage earner.

LH-group P class maps to the lowest business class on TP, which is J and will credit 200% to most *A schemes.
Not so much for SK because the flight numbers for VIE-LIS-VIE are not point earning no matter the underlying booking class.
Other programs are likely different.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Not so much for SK because the flight numbers for VIE-LIS-VIE are not point earning no matter the underlying booking class.
Other programs are likely different.
I am not that familiar with SK but I assume you are referring to the code-share flights excluded by OS. It's this BS that really turns me off *A these days. You never really know where you stand and sometimes it's even impossible to know what you will earn for a given ticket before you have booked it. This will only get worse from here until some minimum transparency is regulated. If airlines form an alliance then they should bloody well behave like they want to respect each others customers and not try and use it as a marketing vehicle to deceive or mislead.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I am not that familiar with SK but I assume you are referring to the code-share flights excluded by OS. It's this BS that really turns me off *A these days. You never really know where you stand and sometimes it's even impossible to know what you will earn for a given ticket before you have booked it. This will only get worse from here until some minimum transparency is regulated. If airlines form an alliance then they should bloody well behave like they want to respect each others customers and not try and use it as a marketing vehicle to deceive or mislead.
Its is indeed quite frustrating trying to stay on top of points earning sometimes. OW does seem to be a little easier to keep track of points earning, but then often their rewards are poorly priced by comparison and have a lower level of inventory to chose from. Some pros and some cons for each I guess.
Sorry for the off-topic chat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.