Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR J-class Europe to Australia $1900(£1350)RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR J-class Europe to Australia $1900(£1350)RT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:25 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by noddie09
Can anyone get this to work from Australia to Europe?? I have wide open availability, any city any date!?
these never work in reverse
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Is anyone still able oo find this? I can only find for >£1600
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by navylad
Is anyone still able oo find this? I can only find for >£1600
What dates are you looking for mate? I was able to find it just now for 29 April outbound and 10 May inbound.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by florens

What dates are you looking for mate? I was able to find it just now for 29 April outbound and 10 May inbound.
Essentially any stay from Feb onwards, max 10 days stay. Even when I search the dates you've found it, google flights tells me £1800 :-(
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:33 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Originally Posted by navylad
Essentially any stay from Feb onwards, max 10 days stay. Even when I search the dates you've found it, google flights tells me £1800 :-(
Generally better availability ex- ARN than ex-OSL. Google flights and Matrix both seem to show R-class availability everyday even when it’s not available via the QR website when you try to book so you need to run searches through the website to see which days have cheap availability. The only way I’ve found to do it for open jaw flights is to search returns from each of ARN and OSL and then once I’ve found cheap availability for each leg put it in as a multi-city booking (does anyone have any better ideas?)

EDIT - I think these prices are companion fares only - are you searching one or two pax?
danere likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by noddie09
Can anyone get this to work from Australia to Europe?? I have wide open availability, any city any date!?
Ha Ha. We’re supposed to be rich, so you’ll never find these sort of fares out of AUS. And realistically we’re so primed to pay ridulous money for flying, why would they bother.

Your best bet is to to get a cheap flight up to BKK DPS KUL CGK and nab a bargain out of there. Wait till the big QR sale hits soon.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Does anyone know if this offer is still valid. Google flights can still find some cheap options for two persons (3400 USD) but in Qatar pages it seems to be impossible to find the same price (two persons and code PCSPECIAL). I tried all combinations OSL,ARN,CPH, HEL to CBR and return CBR to OSL,ARN,CPH, HEL for some dates. Closest I got was OSL CBR HEL combo 3300€ but that (business R) I couldnt find later again.

Any tips? Is there still availability or should I consider this discount be gone.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Rifter
Does anyone know if this offer is still valid. Google flights can still find some cheap options for two persons (3400 USD) but in Qatar pages it seems to be impossible to find the same price (two persons and code PCSPECIAL). I tried all combinations OSL,ARN,CPH, HEL to CBR and return CBR to OSL,ARN,CPH, HEL for some dates. Closest I got was OSL CBR HEL combo 3300€ but that (business R) I couldnt find later again.

Any tips? Is there still availability or should I consider this discount be gone.
Hmm you sure you try to search it right?
Just tried from Qatar site and find it on multiple days. Example 1st of March - 11th of March ARN-CBR-ARN 3000 euros total for two person in R.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:17 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Originally Posted by Rifter

You don’t mention when you’re looking but just for example there is availability OSL-CBR return 19 August - 31 August at NOK 15,165 per person (GBP 1370 / USD 1850 ish) - 5 seats in R class on the outbound, 3 on the inbound. There isn’t loads of availability, on average maybe 1 day a week has seats in August.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Originally Posted by PZE

You don’t mention when you’re looking but just for example there is availability OSL-CBR return 19 August - 31 August at NOK 15,165 per person (GBP 1370 / USD 1850 ish) - 5 seats in R class on the outbound, 3 on the inbound. There isn’t loads of availability, on average maybe 1 day a week has seats in August.
Thanks for help PZE! I was looking something for late June, any dates in July, early August. Seems the discounted prices are not available during summer time! Too bad cause that was the time suitable for me. I am happy to be wrong if someone finds that summer time is also available :-)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
Children were even cheaper such that 2 adults and 2 children cost under £5,000! Excellent deal indeed.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dubliner1
Children were even cheaper such that 2 adults and 2 children cost under £5,000! Excellent deal indeed.
Lucky kids I stick mine in Economy, they are old enough to fend off creeps
ianp and danere like this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
While not very old, my eldest is definitely big enough to tackle many individuals. The problem is if she squabbles with her younger brother: it does not look good if you have to walk the walk of shame from up front to sort out your kids!
Croupier likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Croupier

Lucky kids I stick mine in Economy, they are old enough to fend off creeps
Can kids sit in Economy whilst the adults sit in Business class ?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by lfc84
Can kids sit in Economy whilst the adults sit in Business class ?
Sure can.
If the child is under 12 you will have to call to book if you want the 10% cheaper child fare. If 12 or over they pay adult fare so just book separate tickets that you can merge to one booking later or do nothing and when checking in they will understand the situation no problems.
lfc84 likes this.

Last edited by Croupier; Dec 30, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.