Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR J-class Europe to Australia $1900(£1350)RT

QR J-class Europe to Australia $1900(£1350)RT

Old Dec 8, 17, 10:14 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
wow luckily i booked this few hours ago...applied for upgrade to first on DOH/MEL legs with 35 qcredits each leg i hope they are gonna clear, what a bargain.
Old Dec 9, 17, 12:42 am

Programs: QF G<Hyatt Globalist. IHG RA
Originally Posted by ristasm View Post
wow luckily i booked this few hours ago...applied for upgrade to first on DOH/MEL legs with 35 qcredits each leg i hope they are gonna clear, what a bargain.
when i flew this route was told I could only request upgrade for the whole journey. The aircraft doesnt have F on first leg they said bad luck,was i given a bum steer?
Old Dec 9, 17, 2:46 am

Programs: [QRPC], BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by aussielori View Post

when i flew this route was told I could only request upgrade for the whole journey. The aircraft doesnt have F on first leg they said bad luck,was i given a bum steer?
They need to break the ticket up to do it, good agent should suggest this proactively so yes, itís possible - they are probably more inclined to help the higher your status is with QR sometimes!
Old Dec 13, 17, 11:04 pm

Programs: QF G<Hyatt Globalist. IHG RA
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
They need to break the ticket up to do it, good agent should suggest this proactively so yes, it’s possible - they are probably more inclined to help the higher your status is with QR sometimes!
i had a 3 days stopover in Doha they said had to upgrade the whole way

Old Dec 15, 17, 1:35 pm

Programs: QR P, LH Proud to be a one Star Negative Blue, Hilton Gold, GHA Black, WOH something
Originally Posted by aussielori View Post

i had a 3 days stopover in Doha they said had to upgrade the whole way

upgraded a TUN-DOH-BKK, just the DOH-BKK to F without any issues using qcredits.
Old Dec 18, 17, 5:02 am

Programs: Air: QR Platinum. BA, Emirates, AB. Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum.
Is this dead now ?
I know it was set to end on the 15th Dec buit wondered if it got extended ?

Cheers.
Old Dec 18, 17, 5:08 am

Programs: Air: QR Platinum. BA, Emirates, AB. Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
They need to break the ticket up to do it, good agent should suggest this proactively so yes, itís possible - they are probably more inclined to help the higher your status is with QR sometimes!
Yeah I've never had a problem (when there's availability) getting only some segments of a larger itinerary upgraded to F using QMiles or QCredits.
QR Plat for a few years - will be Gold only from April though :-(

Most chuffed recently though with my first purchase of economy QR seats with the intention of upgrading to biz on all 4 segments of the trip. I have no desire to fly QR economy ever although I'm sure its decent for an economy service / seat. I watched the KVS tool (& others) like a hawk and was sweating my n**s off whilst booking on the phone waiting for the agent to confirm the upgrades had all worked. Bloody stressful - needed the holiday after that !!
Old Dec 18, 17, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus View Post
Is this dead now ?
I know it was set to end on the 15th Dec buit wondered if it got extended ?

Cheers.
Think it ended after about a day
Old Dec 27, 17, 5:06 pm

Also possible OJ OSL-SYD/SYD-ARN for 18581.00 NOK ( 1885€ )with very good connection times in Doha ( booking on QR website with "PCSPECIAL" promo code )

for example :
https://www.google.ca/flights/?f=0&h...ARN1QR167;sc=b
danere likes this.
Old Dec 28, 17, 12:13 am

Programs: BA G
A companion deal (2+ passengers req'd) is also available on OSL-CBR/CBR-ARN for 27306 NOK ( €2775 ) with the PCSPECIAL promo code, which works out to be 13653 NOK ( €1389 ) per person. Long layovers in DOH between 8-16 hours seem to be required on that deal, however, and it doesn't seem possible to use the A380 for the DOH-SYD leg.

Availability seems to be pretty good from April to mid-November (although there is also some patchy availability from mid Feb through March).

Min/max stay: 3 days/6 months

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&hl=en_US&curr=EUR#search;iti=OSL_CBR_2018-04-18*CBR_ARN_2018-04-22;tt=m;sc=b;px=2
EFATO, florens and krogell like this.

Last edited by danere; Dec 29, 17 at 12:00 am Reason: Clarified availability prior to April
Old Dec 28, 17, 1:35 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by danere View Post
A companion deal (2+ passengers req'd) is also available on OSL-CBR/CBR-ARN for 27306 NOK ( €2775 ) with the PCSPECIAL promo code, which works out to be 13653 NOK ( €1389 ) per person. Long layovers in DOH between 8-16 hours seem to be required on that deal, however, and it doesn't seem possible to use the A380 for the DOH-SYD leg.

Availability seems to be pretty good from April to mid-November.

Min/max stay: 3 days/6 months

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&hl=en_US&curr=EUR#search;iti=OSL_CBR_2018-04-18*CBR_ARN_2018-04-22;tt=m;sc=b;px=2
Thanks for pointing this out. It's available on my preferred dates, so I really really need to consider this!

Is there a book by date?

Last edited by florens; Dec 28, 17 at 2:24 am
Old Dec 28, 17, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by florens View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. It's available on my preferred dates, so I really really need to consider this!

Is there a book by date?
​​​​​My pleasure. In the rules it indicates that the fare expires on 05JAN18 (the same fare basis - RJHQP7ZE - applies to both the inbound/outbound):

SALES RESTRICTIONS
FOOTNOTE RULE
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 05JAN18.
florens likes this.
Old Dec 28, 17, 3:20 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by danere View Post
​​​​​My pleasure. In the rules it indicates that the fare expires on 05JAN18 (the same fare basis - RJHQP7ZE - applies to both the inbound/outbound):
Many thanks! Damn, that's a couple of days too early
godsavethepoints likes this.
Old Dec 28, 17, 3:35 am

According to expertflyer, the expiry date has been extended on RJHQP7ZE at least twice since it was listed in October, so who knows, it could happen again!
florens and godsavethepoints like this.
Old Dec 28, 17, 7:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Can anyone get this to work from Australia to Europe?? I have wide open availability, any city any date!?

Search this Thread