Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR J-class Europe to Australia $1900(£1350)RT

QR J-class Europe to Australia $1900(£1350)RT

Reply

Old Dec 8, 17, 10:14 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Posts: 179
wow luckily i booked this few hours ago...applied for upgrade to first on DOH/MEL legs with 35 qcredits each leg i hope they are gonna clear, what a bargain.
ristasm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 17, 12:42 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SYD
Programs: QF G<Hyatt Globalist. IHG RA
Posts: 1,184
Originally Posted by ristasm View Post
wow luckily i booked this few hours ago...applied for upgrade to first on DOH/MEL legs with 35 qcredits each leg i hope they are gonna clear, what a bargain.
when i flew this route was told I could only request upgrade for the whole journey. The aircraft doesnt have F on first leg they said bad luck,was i given a bum steer?
aussielori is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 17, 2:46 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London
Programs: [QRPC], BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Posts: 2,379
Originally Posted by aussielori View Post

when i flew this route was told I could only request upgrade for the whole journey. The aircraft doesnt have F on first leg they said bad luck,was i given a bum steer?
They need to break the ticket up to do it, good agent should suggest this proactively so yes, itís possible - they are probably more inclined to help the higher your status is with QR sometimes!
lost_in_translation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 17, 11:04 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SYD
Programs: QF G<Hyatt Globalist. IHG RA
Posts: 1,184
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
They need to break the ticket up to do it, good agent should suggest this proactively so yes, it’s possible - they are probably more inclined to help the higher your status is with QR sometimes!
i had a 3 days stopover in Doha they said had to upgrade the whole way

aussielori is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 17, 1:35 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SFO, CDG, TLS
Programs: QR P, LH Proud to be a one Star Negative Blue, Hilton Gold, GHA Black, WOH something
Posts: 1,258
Originally Posted by aussielori View Post

i had a 3 days stopover in Doha they said had to upgrade the whole way

upgraded a TUN-DOH-BKK, just the DOH-BKK to F without any issues using qcredits.
synd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 17, 5:02 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Great Britain
Programs: Air: QR Platinum. BA, Emirates, AB. Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum.
Posts: 1,243
Is this dead now ?
I know it was set to end on the 15th Dec buit wondered if it got extended ?

Cheers.
Sisyphus1carus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 17, 5:08 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Great Britain
Programs: Air: QR Platinum. BA, Emirates, AB. Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum.
Posts: 1,243
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
They need to break the ticket up to do it, good agent should suggest this proactively so yes, itís possible - they are probably more inclined to help the higher your status is with QR sometimes!
Yeah I've never had a problem (when there's availability) getting only some segments of a larger itinerary upgraded to F using QMiles or QCredits.
QR Plat for a few years - will be Gold only from April though :-(

Most chuffed recently though with my first purchase of economy QR seats with the intention of upgrading to biz on all 4 segments of the trip. I have no desire to fly QR economy ever although I'm sure its decent for an economy service / seat. I watched the KVS tool (& others) like a hawk and was sweating my n**s off whilst booking on the phone waiting for the agent to confirm the upgrades had all worked. Bloody stressful - needed the holiday after that !!
Sisyphus1carus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 17, 12:22 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 500
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus View Post
Is this dead now ?
I know it was set to end on the 15th Dec buit wondered if it got extended ?

Cheers.
Think it ended after about a day
Agent69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 17, 5:06 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: VIE, PRG, BUD
Posts: 39
Also possible OJ OSL-SYD/SYD-ARN for 18581.00 NOK ( 1885€ )with very good connection times in Doha ( booking on QR website with "PCSPECIAL" promo code )

for example :
https://www.google.ca/flights/?f=0&h...ARN1QR167;sc=b
danere likes this.
sonicfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 17, 12:13 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: BA G
Posts: 18
A companion deal (2+ passengers req'd) is also available on OSL-CBR/CBR-ARN for 27306 NOK ( €2775 ) with the PCSPECIAL promo code, which works out to be 13653 NOK ( €1389 ) per person. Long layovers in DOH between 8-16 hours seem to be required on that deal, however, and it doesn't seem possible to use the A380 for the DOH-SYD leg.

Availability seems to be pretty good from April to mid-November (although there is also some patchy availability from mid Feb through March).

Min/max stay: 3 days/6 months

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&hl=en_US&curr=EUR#search;iti=OSL_CBR_2018-04-18*CBR_ARN_2018-04-22;tt=m;sc=b;px=2
EFATO, florens and krogell like this.

Last edited by danere; Dec 29, 17 at 12:00 am Reason: Clarified availability prior to April
danere is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 17, 1:35 am
  #41  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Switzerland
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Posts: 3,732
Originally Posted by danere View Post
A companion deal (2+ passengers req'd) is also available on OSL-CBR/CBR-ARN for 27306 NOK ( €2775 ) with the PCSPECIAL promo code, which works out to be 13653 NOK ( €1389 ) per person. Long layovers in DOH between 8-16 hours seem to be required on that deal, however, and it doesn't seem possible to use the A380 for the DOH-SYD leg.

Availability seems to be pretty good from April to mid-November.

Min/max stay: 3 days/6 months

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&hl=en_US&curr=EUR#search;iti=OSL_CBR_2018-04-18*CBR_ARN_2018-04-22;tt=m;sc=b;px=2
Thanks for pointing this out. It's available on my preferred dates, so I really really need to consider this!

Is there a book by date?

Last edited by florens; Dec 28, 17 at 2:24 am
florens is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 17, 3:15 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: BA G
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by florens View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. It's available on my preferred dates, so I really really need to consider this!

Is there a book by date?
​​​​​My pleasure. In the rules it indicates that the fare expires on 05JAN18 (the same fare basis - RJHQP7ZE - applies to both the inbound/outbound):

SALES RESTRICTIONS
FOOTNOTE RULE
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 05JAN18.
florens likes this.
danere is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 17, 3:20 am
  #43  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Switzerland
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Posts: 3,732
Originally Posted by danere View Post
​​​​​My pleasure. In the rules it indicates that the fare expires on 05JAN18 (the same fare basis - RJHQP7ZE - applies to both the inbound/outbound):
Many thanks! Damn, that's a couple of days too early
godsavethepoints likes this.
florens is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 17, 3:35 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: BA G
Posts: 18
According to expertflyer, the expiry date has been extended on RJHQP7ZE at least twice since it was listed in October, so who knows, it could happen again!
florens and godsavethepoints like this.
danere is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 17, 7:56 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: London
Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Posts: 78
Can anyone get this to work from Australia to Europe?? I have wide open availability, any city any date!?
noddie09 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread