Aa: Yyz/YVR-pek us$1980

Old Nov 19, 17, 12:51 am

Samples dates? Link?
Old Nov 19, 17, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Basically leaving any Thursday returning any Monday. Or if you want to prolong your dates use google flights.
Old Nov 19, 17, 6:47 am

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
There is already a thread for this fare:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...us-1980-a.html
Old Nov 19, 17, 10:10 am

YVR is not the same as YYZ
Lowest I found was $1983, which flies 15K miles, given booking class (I) gives EQM of 30K.
A better deal on AAVacations including hotel - several come out under $2100, which would give you EQD of $3K based on the 20% of mileage computation.

Nice find for those of us on the West Coast!
Old Nov 19, 17, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DM, AS MVPG, MR Plat, HH Diamond
Just got back from doing one of these - YVR-LAX-PEK RT.

788 is OK in J, I much prefer the RH layout on the 77W and 789. Crew on my return yesturday was pretty terrible, has to ask multiple times for refills and got snapped at for using the restroom when the seatbelt sign was off. On the upside, got into LAX a hour early witch of cource meant the wonderful bus gates. Overall good price for J on the route, I credited to AS on the way out to make MVP75K for next year, and the return to AA to finish up EXP.
Old Nov 19, 17, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis View Post
Just got back from doing one of these - YVR-LAX-PEK RT.

788 is OK in J, I much prefer the RH layout on the 77W and 789. Crew on my return yesturday was pretty terrible, has to ask multiple times for refills and got snapped at for using the restroom when the seatbelt sign was off. On the upside, got into LAX a hour early witch of cource meant the wonderful bus gates. Overall good price for J on the route, I credited to AS on the way out to make MVP75K for next year, and the return to AA to finish up EXP.
thats why I enjoy Hainan over AA.

whyd you get snapped at for using the restroom while sign was off?
Old Nov 19, 17, 10:46 pm

Programs: Many
What's the best forward facing seat on the AA 788? J cabin us WIDE open at the moment. Prefer windows.
Old Nov 19, 17, 11:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
What's the best forward facing seat on the AA 788? J cabin us WIDE open at the moment. Prefer windows.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...lass-seat-787/

People have reported that the seats that are connected shake. Iíve had them shake a bit, but itís barely noticeable, and it definitely didnít hurt my sleep at all on a 15 hour flight to Shanghai. So I wouldnít be too concerned about which seat you choose. Itís really just a matter of whether or not you prefer the forward facing or the backward facing.
Old Nov 20, 17, 3:00 am
Suspended

Will there be a new flagship or any new American lounge for anyone to visit in LAX on this run?
Old Nov 20, 17, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, IHG AMB, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly View Post
Will there be a new flagship or any new American lounge for anyone to visit in LAX on this run?
I am on my way back right now doing this YVR-PEK run. There is no Flagship in LAX at the moment. I used the Qantas Lounge at the international Terminal. The other option is the Admiral Club at Terminal 5. Instead of staying in Beijing for 4 days, I purchased CX ticket to Singapore.
Old Nov 20, 17, 9:18 am

Programs: Many
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...lass-seat-787/

People have reported that the seats that are connected shake. Iíve had them shake a bit, but itís barely noticeable, and it definitely didnít hurt my sleep at all on a 15 hour flight to Shanghai. So I wouldnít be too concerned about which seat you choose. Itís really just a matter of whether or not you prefer the forward facing or the backward facing.
I think I selected 7A going over and 3A coming back. I prefer forward facing.
Old Nov 21, 17, 1:08 am
Suspended

I’ve always had the forward facing, so this trip I did one forward facing one backward facing to compare.
Old Nov 21, 17, 1:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1kdreamer View Post
I am on my way back right now doing this YVR-PEK run. There is no Flagship in LAX at the moment. I used the Qantas Lounge at the international Terminal. The other option is the Admiral Club at Terminal 5. Instead of staying in Beijing for 4 days, I purchased CX ticket to Singapore.
Smart. I had not even considered taking a flight to somewhere else. My flight isnít until January. Is LAX going to have a flagship business by then?
Old Nov 21, 17, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Great find on the YYZ-DFW-HKG-PEK-ORD-DFW-ORD-YYZ run. I'm going to do this one on early next year.
Old Nov 21, 17, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG AMB, Marriott Gold
Smart. I had not even considered taking a flight to somewhere else. My flight isnít until January. Is LAX going to have a flagship business by then?
Just to let you know, upon arriving today at LAX from PEK, I was welcomed with a sign saying Admiral Club is now open at Terminal 4. Itís their first reopening day today (lucky me!) however, Flagship wonít be available until middle to end of December as explained by the reception desk. Youíll be good to go for your January flight.

Search this Thread