Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

[CA] Only on Nov 11 & 12 - FRA/MUC-AU/NZ - about EUR 1500

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[CA] Only on Nov 11 & 12 - FRA/MUC-AU/NZ - about EUR 1500

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
I spent a few hours last night trying to book this deal for 2 adults + 1 infant. I repeatedly got an error message that the infant's seat can't be confirmed (error no. 8301 I believe), but the system allowed me to submit the payment details but then again returned an error.

So I took screenshots and tried to book just the 2 adults but I ended up with the same payment error message, advising to call my card issuer. I called them and was told there were no rejected transactions.

Quite a mystery, to be honest, but at least I don't need to transit in CTU
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by zat_dude
Quite a mystery, to be honest, but at least I don't need to transit in CTU
I read somewhere that the solution was not to select seats. Can't say though if that work around actually works given that I ultimately didn't book. Collecting miles on those R fares is cumbersome in my case and Air China IMO isn't that great that I would jump on those fares.

Per VFT the fare rules indicated that the tickets had to be issued last weekend or the Black Friday weekend. I'd expect the fares to return in a couple of days.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Originally Posted by simp2017
PVG and PEK are quite OK in terms of transfer. i would say CTU is kind of a nightmare. so please be prepared.
Ooh, what makes CTU worse than PVG? As far as I can tell airside transfer isn't possible in either of them, is that it?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Chokkoubin
Ooh, what makes CTU worse than PVG? As far as I can tell airside transfer isn't possible in either of them, is that it?
PVG and PEK are set up to handle international transits (albeit clunky process), whereas CTU is not.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I read somewhere that the solution was not to select seats. Can't say though if that work around actually works given that I ultimately didn't book. Collecting miles on those R fares is cumbersome in my case and Air China IMO isn't that great that I would jump on those fares.

Per VFT the fare rules indicated that the tickets had to be issued last weekend or the Black Friday weekend. I'd expect the fares to return in a couple of days.
This is interesting, thanks, I'll look out. The cost of travel makes it interesting to me (particularly into HKG).

Leaving out seat selection was tried repeatedly but did not resolve the issue. I also tried Chrome and Edge. It's just one of those things.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by zat_dude
This is interesting, thanks, I'll look out. The cost of travel makes it interesting to me (particularly into HKG).
Air China has the promo site up again.

https://www.airchina.de/DE/GB/promotion/EUBL17
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Are layover in PVG permitted?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Air China has the promo site up again.

https://www.airchina.de/DE/GB/promotion/EUBL17
Interesting that this time it's to Oakland rather than to Auckland!!!

Also - those are not very competitive fares to Cologne!!!
Attached Images  
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:31 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Interesting that this time it's to Oakland rather than to Auckland!!!

Also - those are not very competitive fares to Cologne!!!
CGN-FRA-PEK-AKL-OAK is the routing

O
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Great find! ^
Did the fare rules specify a minimum stay? I am assuming the same conditions will apply when this fare comes back in a few days.

Also, did everybody book on the CA website or was this also bookable through GDS, OTAs etc.?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by airoli
Great find! ^
Did the fare rules specify a minimum stay? I am assuming the same conditions will apply when this fare comes back in a few days.

Also, did everybody book on the CA website or was this also bookable through GDS, OTAs etc.?

Max stay is 1 month..

I found the search very hard since it was only visible at CA website. Also availibility was poor last time. We took QRs 20yrs deal to AKL, way better.. From Germany its easy to position to ARN or OSL..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.