Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MH J: TPE-LHR o/w (GBP 531) 2017 dates only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH J: TPE-LHR o/w (GBP 531) 2017 dates only

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by christep
Unless I'm misreading the rules TPE-BKI-KUL-LHR should also be valid for a few extra points/miles.
Originally Posted by minz56
Yes, but from what I understand you can only stop in either BKI or KUL, not both
I believe what the OP meant is that you can get more TP points (if crediting to BAEC) since the flight number is different for TPE-BKI-KUL.
For stopover rules, I am not sure, but I think it should still be posssible since 2 stopovers are allowed.

Cheers!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Unless I'm misreading the rules TPE-BKI-KUL-LHR should also be valid for a few extra points/miles.
Nice idea, but breaking the journey in BKI, even for a same day connection (one way of preserving Z between TPE and KUL), seems to up the fare, errrrr, significantly

others might have better fortune...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Nice idea, but breaking the journey in BKI, even for a same day connection (one way of preserving Z between TPE and KUL), seems to up the fare, errrrr, significantly

others might have better fortune...
In my case it was because I could not find a Z fare for the BKI-KUL sector, it jumps to J and therefore pushes the KUL-LHR sector into J too... Tried for various dates with no luck....
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
In my case it was because I could not find a Z fare for the BKI-KUL sector, it jumps to J and therefore pushes the KUL-LHR sector into J too... Tried for various dates with no luck....
in matrix I can see Z for both TPE-BKI-KUL as soon as I add a known Z fare KUL-LHR I get Nil search results, sector by sector it’s there but not as one multi city booking :-(
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Croupier
in matrix I can see Z for both TPE-BKI-KUL as soon as I add a known Z fare KUL-LHR I get Nil search results, sector by sector it’s there but not as one multi city booking :-(

That scenario seems pretty much like when I tried to maximize TPs on MH sale prices BKK-KUL-TPE r/t a year ago. Connection via BKI was there when selecting flight options, but didn't price out with BKI (or once gave a quadruple price)

Despite the ow, still a great fare, especially with the possibility of a long layover in KUL. Thanks to OP for sharing.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Yes, but from what I understand you can only stop in either BKI or KUL, not both
Originally Posted by nldogbert
I believe what the OP meant is that you can get more TP points (if crediting to BAEC) since the flight number is different for TPE-BKI-KUL.
For stopover rules, I am not sure, but I think it should still be posssible since 2 stopovers are allowed.

Cheers!
By why would you want to stop over in BKI? TPE-BKI and BKI-KUL are both sub-2000 miles so only 40 tier points each, whereas TPE-KUL is over 2000 miles so is 140 tier points.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: NZ
Just pulled the trigger on this deal. I will position to/from TPE on 19NOV17 and then fly KUL/LHR in May 2018.

I combined it with a QR deal ARN/KUL/ARN for about US$1350 which will give me a return to Europe in 2019.

Not bad value I think.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by Too much travel
By why would you want to stop over in BKI? TPE-BKI and BKI-KUL are both sub-2000 miles so only 40 tier points each, whereas TPE-KUL is over 2000 miles so is 140 tier points.
Not everybody is focussed on BA. In CX Marco Polo, for example, each of those flights is 25 Club Points.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Would love to do this deal & on google flights, its currently showing 5 dates available for this month for that price. Problem is getting out to TPE from anywhere in Europe, it just isn't cheap in J on OWE airlines. Wouldn't mind doing a TP run.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: NZ
Just completed the TPE/KUL part of this fare. I did a same day turnaround in TPE with the outbound on Air Asia. I booked the Air Asia flight at the last minute when they were having a flash sale where Premium Flatbed was the same price as Economy so somewhat ironically I had the better seat on the outbound flight as opposed to MH's 737 seating.

The MH flight was fine - solid but with no wow factor - hard to get on those 737's which are looking decidedly dated.

The highlight of the trip was the 90 minutes I spent in the CX lounge in TPE. It wasn't too busy and the facilities were great with CX's famous noodle bar. Recommended!

KUL/LHR in May next year on the A350!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:13 am

Just completed the TPE/KUL part of this fare. I did a same day turnaround in TPE with the outbound on Air Asia. I booked the Air Asia flight at the last minute when they were having a flash sale where Premium Flatbed was the same price as Economy so somewhat ironically I had the better seat on the outbound flight as opposed to MH's 737 seating.

The MH flight was fine - solid but with no wow factor - hard to get on those 737's which are looking decidedly dated.

The highlight of the trip was the 90 minutes I spent in the CX lounge in TPE. It wasn't too busy and the facilities were great with CX's famous noodle bar. Recommended!

KUL/LHR in May next year on the A350!
Glad you got to take advantage of this great fare. I’m checking matrix daily for the chance that Z might be available on the 6th of December to KUL, I see it randomly jumping around everyday but I don’t like my chances. I have a AA award back to Sydney on the 6th from BKK via KUL so would be easy for me to scoot off to tpe and drop the first sector of the award.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 4:46 am

Wooiohooo feeling very lucky.
Z opened up on the 6th of December.

$945 AUD is a steal, anyone flying TPE-KUL on the 6th December and KUL-LHR on the 24th of October?

On a side note I had a great AA agent that dropped BKK-KUL segment of my BKK-KUL-SYD award with no hassle or change fees and a $4 tax refund :-)
minz56 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Croupier
Wooiohooo feeling very lucky.
Z opened up on the 6th of December.

$945 AUD is a steal, anyone flying TPE-KUL on the 6th December and KUL-LHR on the 24th of October?

On a side note I had a great AA agent that dropped BKK-KUL segment of my BKK-KUL-SYD award with no hassle or change fees and a $4 tax refund :-)
Are you EXP? I was trying to change a ticket I bought my parents earlier this year the same way and the agents (did HUACA twice) kept telling me its impossible since the routing changes.

As for this thread, flying this fare next week! Thanks for the OP.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Are you EXP? I was trying to change a ticket I bought my parents earlier this year the same way and the agents (did HUACA twice) kept telling me its impossible since the routing changes.

Hi
No status with AA. I looked at this thread and armed myself with information from the wiki regarding the fee less changes but luckily I didn’t have to say a word, it was all handled correctly, interesting I called the AU/FJ call center but was diverted to the US I think because of the agents accent, maybe this helped me somewhat?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn

if you bought yours the same way (with miles), if you used your miles there should have been no issue with a change. Why would they care if you changed the routing on an award?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.