Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KLM / Delta - AMS > SJO - £1305 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Decent deal from Amsterdam to San Jose Costa Rica.

Link : https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...02-21;sc=b;s=1
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
This is still available........ and it books on a Delta ticket still giving you 25000+ miles (with platinum status) and 105XP (with 2 stops, if more stops even more XP and I had routings with 4 stops both ways; didn't book that as was to time consuming).

I finally booked AMS-BRU-ATL-SJO and back the same way. 1600 EURO.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Originally Posted by christravelblog

I finally booked AMS-BRU-ATL-SJO and back the same way. 1600 EURO.
How many XPs will this give?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: Skyteam
Talking

I had routings with 4 stops both ways; didn't book that as was to time consuming).
Do you have a link / URL to ITA with four stops?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by Hafnia
How many XPs will this give?
In myKLM it says 105XP

Originally Posted by RickTSD
Do you have a link / URL to ITA with four stops?

can't find it anymore; maybe I was wrong. Now i see quick search with 3 stops.
i was yesterday f*** around with advanced routing codes and i'm not the best at that.
also, i wasn't interested in many stops. Now i fly the same day during the day all the way. and the way back of course an overnight.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Gone from GF...
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Flying blue
Still bookable! I booked ams-fra-alt-sjo and on the way back Sjo-atl-dtw-ams, including the a350 Delta one suite all for 1580 Euro. Provides around 111 xp!

find it on ita matrix and Bookable on delta.com
notsosmart likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Vaanie
Still bookable! I booked ams-fra-alt-sjo and on the way back Sjo-atl-dtw-ams, including the a350 Delta one suite all for 1580 Euro. Provides around 111 xp!
find it on ita matrix and Bookable on delta.com
Nice one! indeed you need to check with ITA and use powertools to get to delta.com works best.
Just make sure all flight numbers are DL...... put the DL+ in advanced coding. otherwise you don't get nice amount of miles in FlyingBlue (if you use it). Mine gives 27000+ miles. via DTW probably will be 30k+

BTW: you can make similar routings to GRU (Sao Paulo) as well for 1600ish euro.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:52 pm

BTW: you can make similar routings to GRU (Sao Paulo) as well for 1600ish euro.
I'm flying to Sao Paulo in november My route is AMS / LHR / JFK / GRU and on my way back GRU / JFK / YYZ / AMS. Some in Business (Z) and some in First (F). When calculating the distances via GCMap and the Flyingblue site I'm getting around 180XP for less than 1700€.

So € 1700 for 180XP = € 9,44 per XP
The trip @Vaanie is 111XP for 1580, that's € 14,23 per XP. Not bad, especially when your flying the one suite, but to collect as much miles for as low as possible, I would grab the GRU deal =)
glennhaak likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I'm flying to Sao Paulo in november My route is AMS / LHR / JFK / GRU and on my way back GRU / JFK / YYZ / AMS. Some in Business (Z) and some in First (F). When calculating the distances via GCMap and the Flyingblue site I'm getting around 180XP for less than 1700€.)
sorry to disappoint, but that's only 144XP.

Delta One (classes J, C, D, I, Z on international flights) are considered as Business Class in Flying Blue; Domestic First Class (classes F, P, A, G on domestic/regional flights) are considered as Business Class in Flying Blue. see the Delta partner page

It is not possible to earn XPs from the "First Class" row of the Flying Blue XP earning table when travelling on Delta. This row only applies to those carriers offering a true First Class cabin on longhaul aircraft configured with 3 or 4 separate cabins - Air France, Korean Air, Garuda and Saudia - and some of the Chinese carriers - are probably the only airlines for whom the "First" row of the XP table has any relevance.

Therefore, you earn (with all sectors in "Business" for Flying Blue XP purposes):

AMS-LHR Medium 15
LHR-JFK Long 1 24
JFK-GRU Long 2 30
GRU-FJK Long 2 30
JFK-YYZ Medium 15
YYZ-AMS Long 2 30

Total: 144 XP

Also: you should not rely on the actual distances - there are tweaks, as has been mentioned now in several threads. To determine the correct earning for any particular flight, you should use the Flight Type Simulator at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 18, 2018 at 3:01 am
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:12 am

I came to this in the calculator:

AMS LHR 231 mi Business 15 XP <-- Medium BC
LHR JFK 3,451 mi Business 24 XP <-- Long 1, BC
JFK DTW 509 mi First 10 XP <-- Domestic, first
DTW GRU 5,094 mi Business 36 XP <-- Long 3, BC
==========

GRU JFK 4,745 mi Business 30 XP <-- Long 2, BC
JFK DTW 509 mi First 10 XP <- Domestic, first
DTW YYZ 214 mi First 25 XP <-- Medium, frist
YYZ AMS 3,733 mi Business 30XP <-- Long 2, BC
=======

Based on just BC I get

AMS LHR 231 mi Business 15 XP <-- Medium BC
LHR JFK 3,451 mi Business 24 XP <-- Long 1, BC
JFK DTW 509 mi First 6 XP <-- Domestic, BC
DTW GRU 5,094 mi Business 36 XP <-- Long 3, BC
==========

GRU JFK 4,745 mi Business 30 XP <-- Long 2, BC
JFK DTW 509 mi First 6 XP <- Domestic, BC
DTW YYZ 214 mi First 15 XP <-- Medium, BC
YYZ AMS 3,733 mi Business 30XP <-- Long 2, BC
=======
162 total
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I came to this in the calculator:
Why are you using a different itinerary than the one you originally posted and stated that you had already booked?

I'm flying to Sao Paulo in november My route is AMS / LHR / JFK / GRU and on my way back GRU / JFK / YYZ / AMS.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why are you using a different itinerary than the one you originally posted and stated that you had already booked?
I'm sorry! I see I've missed mentioning DTW... My bad .. :$
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: AA Exp
Appears to be available to quite a few locations in Central and South America (I checked BZE and MGA).

Also stopovers and/or open jaws in the US are widely available.

Just booked quite a creative routing that fits my exact needs (incl. KL 747 and DL A350, a stopover in the US and an open jaw)
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:53 am

Slightly off topic, but I am wondering about the XPs earned on a first class flight when connecting in CDG on only business class available flights.
So e.g MAN-CDG-JFK return . Are the MAN-CDG legs treated as business or first for the purpose of XP table?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.