FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Ac: Yyz-bkk c$2888 rt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1875483-ac-yyz-bkk-c-2888-rt.html)

margarita girl Nov 2, 2017 6:59 pm

Ac: Yyz-bkk c$2888 rt

Works out to US$2255.

Sample route:
https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...NYYZ1AC62;sc=b

Can also connect through NRT, HND, HKG, but be careful that the segment to BKK books in biz class and not economy!

I booked Asiana for the ICN-BKK-ICN segments but using AC code shares so I could apply a discount code. (KE also available on A380 but not as a code share.) My net price was C$2528.

(Note: I've edited the title twice to put it in upper case letters. Keeps reverting to lower case! Apparently, it's beyond my skill level. ;))

FlyingFrZ Nov 2, 2017 11:09 pm

Nice deal :) Can also route through YVR for around the same price. CX flights seem to be available too.

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...KGYVR0AC8;sc=b

haroon145 Nov 2, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi

What’s the promo code pls?

margarita girl Nov 2, 2017 11:31 pm

Sorry, it was a one use only 15% discount code.

zoqfotpik Nov 3, 2017 12:10 am

Great price OP!

Fare Basis P30LXCSD/P30LWCSD

PERMITTED MON/TUE/WED/THU ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

PERMITTED 15DEC 17 THROUGH 10JAN 18 OR 15FEB 18 THROUGH 25FEB 18 OR 22JUN 18 THROUGH 22AUG 18 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING AC FLIGHTS 001 THROUGH 2199.

1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION.

2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE 2 FREE IN CANADA IN EACH DIRECTION. AND - 1 TRANSFER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE 1 PERMITTED FREE IN AREA 3 IN EACH DIRECTION NONE PERMITTED FREE IN TPE IN EACH DIRECTION

THE HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT RULE DOES NOT APPLY FOR CONNECTIONS/STOPOVERS.
So basically you get one free stopover. You can also route to PEK or PVG.

gspurr Nov 3, 2017 6:58 am

Nice Find

Has anyone found a way to book the ANA segments in business? I can find routings with AC to Asia and then with Asiana, Air China or Cathay in business but I can't find any on ANA. Japan to BKK is a 6 or 7 hour flight. I also want to collect miles though United and Asiana and Air China only gives 100% PQM in business.

On another note when I was poking around I did see fares of YYZ-YUL-PEK-BKK return on Air China (YYZ-YUL on AC) for around $2500 CAD.

seks Nov 3, 2017 10:18 am

2 Attachment(s)
Can also route thru TPE too.

Originally Posted by gspurr (Post 29013139)
Has anyone found a way to book the ANA segments in business? I can find routings with AC to Asia and then with Asiana, Air China or Cathay in business but I can't find any on ANA. Japan to BKK is a 6 or 7 hour flight. I also want to collect miles though United and Asiana and Air China only gives 100% PQM in business.

Able to from YVR. Maybe the timing of the connection in NRT doesn't work from YYZ?

On another note when I was poking around I did see fares of YYZ-YUL-PEK-BKK return on Air China (YYZ-YUL on AC) for around $2500 CAD.
Paid $3200 for my recent YYC-YVR-NRT-BKK-ICN-YVR-YYC trip, mix of AC, NH, and OZ. Had the option for a $2800 on CA (YYC-YVR-china-BKK-etc) but reading the reviews about CA didn't sit well with me.

Wish this $2900ish offer is in Apr/May. Thinking of grabbing one for Aug/Sept but will look at other options for Apr/May

gokeeper Nov 3, 2017 9:46 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like UA is matching these, availability is limited.

Fare Rule : PLX6ZDM0
Code:

PERMITTED 15DEC 17 THROUGH 31DEC 17 OR 01JAN 18 THROUGH                     
  10JAN 18 OR 15FEB 18 THROUGH 25FEB 18 OR 22JUN 18 THROUGH                   
  22AUG 18 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR. 

PERMITTED MON/TUE/WED/THU ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 30 DAYS                   
  BEFORE DEPARTURE.

seks Nov 4, 2017 5:40 am

Looks like I'm able to route through SFO. Choice of two flights to NRT: NH on 777 or UA on 777. Which one would you pick if prices are same? I have yet to experience Polaris in J on UA.

IluvSQ Nov 4, 2017 6:55 am

Fare rules say 1 free stop-over each way; but when I try to book with stop-overs (
one way in Seoul, the other way in Shanghai) the rate goes up to over $5000.
I've been fighting with the rate desk for 24 hours, any suggestions?
Maybe I should just book connections on line at the correct price, then call in to
change the conections to stop-overs?

seks Nov 4, 2017 7:05 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 29017249)
Fare rules say 1 free stop-over each way; but when I try to book with stop-overs (
Maybe I should just book connections on line at the correct price, then call in to

I didn't try but maybe it doesn't work for PVG? :confused:

gokeeper Nov 4, 2017 10:00 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Just ticketed YYZ-BKK in Feb on UA/NH for a 1K friend, $2300 and the earning is... just wow..

zoqfotpik Nov 4, 2017 11:48 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 29017249)

Something like this maybe. I highlighted the hefty YQ. I don't think we can avoid the AC surcharge, but perhaps we change MU with a different carrier.

seks Nov 5, 2017 1:16 am

NRT-BKK UA 7922 (operated by NH 807)

If I'm calling into AC to book a roundtrip, any difference/consequences if I feed them either UA 7922 or NH 807?

IluvSQ Nov 5, 2017 6:35 am

I finally got mine booked and ticketed.

YYZ-PVG AC stopover PVG-BKK ( CA) destination
BKK-ICN KE stopover ICN-YYZ AC

Base fare CAD 2400 YQ 480 all in CAD 3018

Thanks Margarita Girl.