Search

Ac: Yyz-bkk c$2888 rt

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jeffypop75
Which booking class does this map into on OZ for the AC codeshare in P?

My four flights (including 2 AC codeshares on OZ) all booked into P class.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by margarita girl
My four flights (including 2 AC codeshares on OZ) all booked into P class.
That is the AC booking class. On OZ P class is a premium first class. I suspect it was Z or U which earn 100% miles on UA.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
My CA flight PVG-BKK is in D Class, My KE flight BKK-ICN is in I class.
Neither is booked as an AC codeshare.
Friends don't let friends book AC codeshares in Asia.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
That is the AC booking class. On OZ P class is a premium first class. I suspect it was Z or U which earn 100% miles on UA.
I checked on the Asiana site, and it says P class there too. Mind you, it is showing the AC code share number instead of the OZ number.

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Friends don't let friends book AC codeshares in Asia.
Why? I thought I had to use codeshare number to use my 15% cert. Plus I will be crediting to UA. Best case scenario, it credits as an AC flight with 300% mileage. Worst case scenario (and the one which is more likely) is it credits as an OZ flight with 100% mileage. (I'm talking about redeemable miles.) For status miles, AC earns 200% PQMs while OZ earns 100% PQMs.

Last edited by margarita girl; Nov 13, 2017 at 2:58 pm Reason: corrected mileage earning for OZ
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:43 pm

I checked on the Asiana site, and it says P class there too. Mind you, it is showing the AC code share number instead of the OZ number.
I think you would have had to look up the OZ PNR on their system to know. But as long as you got your miles, it is all good.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I thought I had to use codeshare number to use my 15% cert.
I believe so. I have a 10% discount to use, which is why I am looking at the codeshare. If I search with the discount code, it doesn't give me any of the non-codeshare options.

Business class on OZ should be J,C,D,Z or U. P is first class on OZ. I'm looking to credit to Aeroplan, so if the AC codeshare P maps to OZ U, I get 0%.

Edit: Actually, it looks like OZ U might get 100% but it's listed under Economy Class on the Aeroplan site, which is incorrect and confusing.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I think you would have had to look up the OZ PNR on their system to know. But as long as you got your miles, it is all good.
I was using the OZ PNR.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It took some digging, but AC looked it up for me and it looks like the 2 OZ segments booked into a D class, which kind of surprises me. I expected discount business which is U or Z. D class is one category higher and will give 125% redeemable miles on UA.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:48 pm

It took some digging, but AC looked it up for me and it looks like the 2 OZ segments booked into a D class, which kind of surprises me. I expected discount business which is U or Z. D class is one category higher and will give 125% redeemable miles on UA.
I am surprised too. For most *A carriers P class is the cheapest business class and I would expect that a P class code share would be the same on the operating carrier.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

gokeeper was right! ^
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:25 pm

Thank you! 125% on Aeroplan as well.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
gokeeper was right! ^
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Thanks for the clarification. With OZ's flight (ICN-BKK) booking into D class, the mileage crediting decision would be a lot easier - Aeroplan all the way for my itin of YYZ-ICN-BKK-HKG-YYZ. The codeshare on AC indicates P class, which I would have credited to SQ (200%).

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:52 am

Anyone know how to check the reservation on the OZ site if departing from YYZ? Their system requires the departure / arrival points and YYZ is not listed as a departure point, nor does it allow you to manually enter cities. I tried selecting ICN-BKK with my departure date from ICN but I get a message that says "Reservation information is incorrect".
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by jeffypop75
Anyone know how to check the reservation on the OZ site if departing from YYZ? Their system requires the departure / arrival points and YYZ is not listed as a departure point, nor does it allow you to manually enter cities. I tried selecting ICN-BKK with my departure date from ICN but I get a message that says "Reservation information is incorrect".
The alphanumeric reservation # that AC uses is different from what OZ uses. You have to call AC to find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.