Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ci: Lax - sgn/bkk o/w $990

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by KenGreen888
Fare codes U and A are premium economy.

Premium economy class: W/U A/E

You might arrive at checkin and find yourself ticketed in PE.

This fare is a mapping error. It would be good for the forum if we all investigate a little more before posting.
Yes, fare A is premium economy (Y+), and fare class D is business (J), both of which are exactly what I stated, what was discussed upthread, and what I knew I was booking.

OP's post helped me put together part of an open jaw trip involving a stop in Singapore, and part of the trip is in business thanks, and I was posting my appreciation. Simple as that.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:22 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Agreed that this is just an average fare, slight discount to CI's regular PE fare. I did BKK-TPE-LAX RT last year for $1100 in PE with businsss class segments BKK-TPE-BKK. BR and CI often discount PE to the $1100 to $1300 level, most recent was BR's IAH-TPE-BKK RT, but you need to keep a watch on the fare. BR doesn't do the intra-Asia segments in business it seems for that price.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
CI: LAX-BKK 1224 USD,OW Premium Economy [fare mapping error]

is my first post in here so bear with my mistakes please
I was just playing with getting out of LAx after Thanksgiving and I found China airlines. It books LAX-SFo on virgin america Y then SFO- TPE in FIrst A350 TPE-BKK in J 747 all for 1200 usd which i think is a bargain for First class
Update , on the 27th of November it can go as low as 955
Attached Images  

Last edited by high.and.above; Nov 14, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Repost, and it's GF mapping error, and it's CI not CA.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:11 pm

And it's "bear," not "bare."
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
And there is no "first" class on CI A350, it's business.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
And it's "bear," not "bare."
ANd now I know why i have never posted
BigE, Kacee, johnnywho and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by high.and.above
You made a good effort!

It’s not a bad fare. It would be great if it was F, but I’ve run across this type of CI listing before.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by akcae
And there is no "first" class on CI A350, it's business.
Actually this fare book into A which is PE on CI, but somehow GF map it to first class.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This would be a fabulous deal if (a) it were actually available, and (b) actually booked into business class
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:25 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Welcome to FT and don't worry about the anti-social behavior of some members. It's typical of social media. They should change the name to anti-social media.

One suggestion is to always click thru and go to booking up to payment to see if they fare is real and what the booking site has to say about the fare. GF is as error prone as Goggle Maps which has on more than one occasion had me make an endless loop of u-turns.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Don't worry about a lot of the criticism. You made a serious effort and posted what appeared to be a good fare. Some of the nuance of this are hard to spot and it won't be the first time it fools you.

I agree with @rbAA about taking it through to the payment page on whatever booking site you can. I would also try to book this fare on the airline's site as well. That usually flushes the fare class issues if they exist.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This plague of nonexistent CI fares on GF is getting worse . . . now spread to SFO-BKK on flights that had been pricing correctly as recently as this morning.

GF is also not timely upgrading aircraft type. I got a notification from CI this morning that 333 had swapped to 77W on one of my flights, EF shows 77W, but GF still shows 333.

Just what have they been smoking down in Mountain View?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.