Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: 20th Anniversary companion fares ARN/SIN £1000 ARN/SYD £1345 ARN/AKL 1385

QR: 20th Anniversary companion fares ARN/SIN £1000 ARN/SYD £1345 ARN/AKL 1385

Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AY Silver, BA Silver, FI Saga hopeful
Originally Posted by Ruth4325
Anyone know if saving a fare for 72 hours beyond the QR sale date of 10Nov (ie saving the fare on 9th) will work? (My BAPP anniversary date is 11 Nov)
It should be noted that, when holding a fare, QR reserves the right to reprice the ticket UNLESS it is paid *offline* at the local office in *the country of sale*. I don't know about you, but I'm not in Norway. I also think that this might be one of the cases where they would actually reprice the ticket, if paid online.
-
DJ
Ruth4325 likes this.

Last edited by docjones; Nov 5, 2017 at 3:45 pm
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by docjones
It should be noted that, when holding a fare, QR reserves the right to reprice the ticket UNLESS it is paid *offline* at the local office in *the country of sale*. I don't know about you, but I'm not in Norway. I also think that this might be one of the cases where they would actually reprice the ticket, if paid online.
-
DJ
I had put one on HOLD also.
Hmmm, anyone else had purchased online during the holding period? Its odd that one has to purchase an ON HOLD booking in person, and/or off-line.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
-
DJ
That’s a very good point! Don’t think I will risk it then.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:34 am

-
DJ
I was able to book it after holding it for 48 hours. I booked 2 tickets of business class for route ATL to BOM round trip for 4k.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Really hope that the 777-200lr gets updated with the new qsuites by Sept next year for my trip to AKL ... Fingers crossed
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by our_kid
Are you booked Fitch? 560 Tier for BAEC - complete no brainer
I booked it last week - will take us to Gold. A no brainer indeed!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AY Silver, BA Silver, FI Saga hopeful
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I had put one on HOLD also.
Hmmm, anyone else had purchased online during the holding period? Its odd that one has to purchase an ON HOLD booking in person, and/or off-line.
Please note that I was only commenting on the previous poster asking about paying for the fare after the sale has ended. I don't think QR would normally try to screw anyone over for using the hold that they are offering.
-
DJ
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Please note that I was only commenting on the previous poster asking about paying for the fare after the sale has ended. I don't think QR would normally try to screw anyone over for using the hold that they are offering.
-
DJ
Oh, thanks for clarifying.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by salehir
Really hope that the 777-200lr gets updated with the new qsuites by Sept next year for my trip to AKL ... Fingers crossed
Expectation management: don't hope too much. You are likely to be disappointed.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:31 am

There are some obscene prices for QR from Nordics to Syd (at least). Code qr20years. ARN-SYD around SEK14K, but the flight times would only suit a quick turnaround or long holiday. I looked at CPH, OSL, HEL, BRU departures also. Only CPH had the rock bottom fares, but came in at the same price in DKK.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Originally Posted by Dirty_Idea
There are some obscene prices for QR from Nordics to Syd (at least). Code qr20years. ARN-SYD around SEK14K, but the flight times would only suit a quick turnaround or long holiday. I looked at CPH, OSL, HEL, BRU departures also. Only CPH had the rock bottom fares, but came in at the same price in DKK.
What dates are you looking at? Any links?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by ttep
I was able to get a fare of SEK14,437 for one person ARN/SYD for 15-29 March 2018 on the QR website.

Also ARN/AKL for the same dates for SEK14,585 for one person using the promo code QR20YEARS
dsf and Dirty_Idea like this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:28 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by ttep
I see ~£1680 for one person, CPH-SYD rt in March, direct on QR's website.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:57 am

My booking has the code described as a "Global Promo Code". Randomly checking other routes in Feb/Mar next year sees it appear for most of them. Some bargains to be had for sure.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by dsf
I see ~£1680 for one person, CPH-SYD rt in March, direct on QR's website.
That's tempting. Pity that at the moment there doesn't seem to be any triple/quadruple mile promotion around to make the most of this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.