Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: 20th Anniversary companion fares ARN/SIN £1000 ARN/SYD £1345 ARN/AKL 1385

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR: 20th Anniversary companion fares ARN/SIN £1000 ARN/SYD £1345 ARN/AKL 1385

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
I had the same issue. I did a return ARN-ADL and ARN-SYD to find the seats available there and back, but when I tried to OJ it just didn't work so gave up and settled for a straight return.
I don't think the promo fares would work for open jaw or multicity. For me, it only worked for return to / from same cities. Would be nice to be able to do open jaw (in one city and out another). Ah well ...
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by A1pax
I don't think the promo fares would work for open jaw or multicity. For me, it only worked for return to / from same cities. Would be nice to be able to do open jaw (in one city and out another). Ah well ...
they work for open jaws but not double open jaws
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
hi is that for 2? 2k each?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold
Has anyone managed to find any decent promo fares ex Australia?

I'm ideally looking for SYD-LON at end of Mar - returning mid Apr, but would be happy with any flight to Europe.......

....any advice would be appreciated.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by semtex1871
Has anyone managed to find any decent promo fares ex Australia?

I'm ideally looking for SYD-LON at end of Mar - returning mid Apr, but would be happy with any flight to Europe.......

....any advice would be appreciated.
The simple answer is: no.

Like NZ, where I am, the market in Australia is quite different from what we see in Europe where QR heavily discounts business class fares between certain cities.

In this part of the world expect to pay about AUD6,000 for a business class ticket to Europe (a bit cheaper on the Chinese airlines) and I doubt it will ever get much less over the course of the next six months. However I am hoping that QR might surprise us!
A1pax likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:10 am

Booked two business class tickets doing OSL - DOH - PER and PER - DOH - ARN on the way back, for 2863,- euro in total for september 2018. Availability was very limited and took a while before we found the perfect dates for us.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dverkade
Booked two business class tickets doing OSL - DOH - PER and PER - DOH - ARN on the way back, for 2863,- euro in total for september 2018. Availability was very limited and took a while before we found the perfect dates for us.
Did you book it directly on QR.com? I always get an error message after I type in the pax data quoting the price is no longer available when trying to do open jaws...
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Bavariair
Did you book it directly on QR.com? I always get an error message after I type in the pax data quoting the price is no longer available when trying to do open jaws...
Yes, booked directly on the QR.com website. First search for all promo rates for both flight individually, determined the dates we want to fly and did a multi city booking.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by minz56
The simple answer is: no.

Like NZ, where I am, the market in Australia is quite different from what we see in Europe where QR heavily discounts business class fares between certain cities.

In this part of the world expect to pay about AUD6,000 for a business class ticket to Europe (a bit cheaper on the Chinese airlines) and I doubt it will ever get much less over the course of the next six months. However I am hoping that QR might surprise us!

With a max stay of 12 months of this fare (and many others) surely there are creative solutions for your problem
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by dverkade
Yes, booked directly on the QR.com website. First search for all promo rates for both flight individually, determined the dates we want to fly and did a multi city booking.
Thanks a lot, worked for me now as well ^

But there seems to be a lot of phantom availability through GF which is quite disappointing every time...
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AY Silver, BA Silver, FI Saga hopeful
Originally Posted by The Wolf
With a max stay of 12 months of this fare (and many others) surely there are creative solutions for your problem
This.
I've always wondered how it's possible to have pricing this disparate within markets serviced by such a large number airlines. Especially since large number of people regularly seem to be flying return trips on these routes and even non-sale QR prices should make it feasible to do these creative bookings.
-
DJ
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Yes, if you need to go to Europe more than once in a year then you can get creative, but generally that is not my case.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:44 am

After much messing about Ive managed to get ticket from ARN to CAIRNS then From AKL to ARN for £2700 for the pair. Outbound Sept 16 ( 53 hours with stopovers though but thats ok) and return Oct 8th
Justin Case likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
Saving QR fare beyond sale date

Anyone know if saving a fare for 72 hours beyond the QR sale date of 10Nov (ie saving the fare on 9th) will work? (My BAPP anniversary date is 11 Nov)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:56 am

Finally able to book ARN-DOH-PER-BNE-MEL-DOH-OSL for 2940€. Not bad for 760 BA TP
Justin Case likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.