Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/AF/KL/AZ: IAH-IST $860 OW/$1750 RT in C

Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Fare basis: CN1H01D1

DL earns 400% on VS: http://www.wheretocredit.com/dl/c
AZ earns 300% on AZ/EY: http://www.wheretocredit.com/az/c

Sample dates:

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sear...ss&mode=search
SFOPeter and Phrantic like this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're using a USA passport, be sure to watch the visa spat between the USA and Turkey.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:11 pm

This is a great price for one-way, thanks OP.

I know I shouldn't even mention this as to not encourage people from doing it, but you can get the one-way and drop the last segment to IST. Cheap way to get to AMS or CDG for $860. You can then use points or another cheap ticket on your return.
bitterproffit and SFOPeter like this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:50 pm

Thanks OP. Flights available during high season as well. I went with KLM 747 as the Air France A330 has angled lie flats for my dates.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Also possible to route via DTW on the A350. :-)
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you're using a USA passport, be sure to watch the visa spat between the USA and Turkey.
Havent been thru IST in a while if transiting to alternate EUR or from EUR appear to be issue ?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by footastic
Havent been thru IST in a while if transiting to alternate EUR or from EUR appear to be issue ?
Doesn't seem to be an issue if you are a US citizen with already a valid visa, or if you are only transiting through IST. If you need to clear immigration in IST, you would need a Turkish visa, which US passport holders (new applicants) can't obtain at this time.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jongesander

Thank you for pointing this out!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Doesn't seem to be an issue if you are a US citizen with already a valid visa, or if you are only transiting through IST. If you need to clear immigration in IST, you would need a Turkish visa, which US passport holders (new applicants) can't obtain at this time.
No knowledge or experience with IST as an airport. Possible to arrive and finish one itin and then start another without clearing immigration? I won't have checked bags.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It looks like you still get VOA for those holding an American passport if you are arriving from a non-US airport. If you fly direct form a US airport you will have a problem.

But I would check in this thread in the Turkish Airlines forum.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turk...-issuance.html

Last edited by cheltzel; Oct 21, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jongesander
You can route through DTW, but you are not going to get the A350. Check the fare codes.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Repooc17
You can route through DTW, but you are not going to get the A350. Check the fare codes.
Not sure what you mean by this?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: Loyalty? Hah!
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
This is a great price for one-way, thanks OP.

I know I shouldn't even mention this as to not encourage people from doing it, but you can get the one-way and drop the last segment to IST. Cheap way to get to AMS or CDG for $860. You can then use points or another cheap ticket on your return.
Thanks for this. But could the airline nail you after the fact for not flying all the way to IST and make you pay?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Thanks OP! I am booked on KLM 747 seat 1A in early March.

Originally Posted by atlion25
Not sure what you mean by this?
You are not able to connect onto the A350 in C/J at Detroit with this fare. You will get the A330 in C/J.

If one is looking for Delta One Suite to AMS early next year after its launch in March, then get ready to give up an arm and a leg relative to this fare.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Beware of Denied Boarding in the US

Originally Posted by gardenlover
Thanks for this. But could the airline nail you after the fact for not flying all the way to IST and make you pay?
No, that will not happen if you fly to a European connection point, and then skip the last segment to IST. I'm assuming this is booked as a one-way, of course.
If booked as a rt, then the return will be cancelled.

HOWEVER, U.S. passport holders are can be denied boarding at the start of the trip without a valid visa to the destination (Turkey). I realize Turkish visas were e-visa's when they were issuing them to Americans. However, nothing prevents Delta from demanding proof (like an e-visa receipt) just like they used to do when travelers had to pay Argentine receprocity tax PRIOR to arrival.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.