Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

China Eastern: Cebu - Madrid (and more) $1,094 RT

China Eastern: Cebu - Madrid (and more) $1,094 RT

Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
How about Uber?
any idea the costs from MNL-CRK late on a weekend night?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
How about Uber?
any idea the costs from MNL-CRK late on a weekend night?
Uber is crazy cheap in Manila, I think this is a great idea. But remember, it's about 120km, you'll pay around $30-40USD for the trip with Uber, depending on time of day,

But I cannot stress enough to you, allow plenty of time for the ride. Manila has the worst traffic in the world, makes Peking look like a joy-ride and if it rains, everything falls to pieces.

I would allow a minimum 4 hours for the ride from MNL to CLK. Minimum. Hope his helps.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Uber isn't supposed to leave metro manilla. Private car usually 2500 to 3000 peso. There also a few private busing services that will get you to Angeles and it is a short ride. There is one called swagman fly the bus thst picks up in ermita.

Sunday is the best day to go where manilla traffic isn't as bad.

if you want to go really cheap there is a victory liner bus from pasay that works out to like 5 bucks.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Just an update on Cebu airport and China Eastern business class check-in.

1) Arrived at airport at 2:30AM for 5:10AM flight. The security guard out front wants to see your ticket before allowed into the check in area.

2) Line up to have luggage scanned and be padded down

3) Line up at Business class check in. I am transiting Shanghai but lady still looking for my Chinese visa. A few phone calls and 10 minutes later I get boarding pass and loung pass.

4) Line up to pay 750 Pesos for departure tax

5). Line up for security check and be padded down again. Now 3AM.

6) Line up to get into immigration line up. Denied entry to immigration line of airport by security guard because it is not 4AM yet. (Yes - that was the reason). Told to come back in 1 hour. I had coffee in domestic area. No lounge access here.

7) 4AM - allowed to enter immigration clearance area to line up again. Line up is 30 minutes long to clear immigration.

8). Enter lounge at 4:35

9) Boarding announced 4:40am. Left coffee on table as no time left. Went to boarding gate.

Mmm - Cebu airport not good

Last edited by davistev; Oct 22, 2017 at 8:27 pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:36 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davistev
Just an update on Cebu airport and China Eastern business class check-in.

1) Arrived at airport at 2:30AM for 5:10AM flight. The security guard out front wants to see your ticket before allowed into the check in area.

2) Line up to have luggage scanned and be padded down

3) Line up at Business class check in. I am transiting Shanghai but lady still looking for my Chinese visa. A few phone calls and 10 minutes later I get boarding pass and loung pass.

4) Line up to pay 750 Pesos for departure tax

5). Line up for security check and be padded down again. Now 3AM.

6) Line up to get into immigration line up. Denied entry to immigration line of airport by security guard because it is not 4AM yet. (Yes - that was the reason). Told to come back in 1 hour. I had coffee in domestic area. No lounge access here.

7) 4AM - allowed to enter immigration clearance area to line up again. Line up is 30 minutes long to clear immigration.

8). Enter lounge at 4:35

9) Boarding announced 4:40am. Left coffee on table as no time left. Went to boarding gate.

Man that sounds rough! Reminds me of departing Dakar.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:00 am

delete

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Oct 23, 2017 at 2:05 am
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:45 am

i have not been to crk but i am assuming crk is worse than cebu airport.

i cannot find an online review of crk, as to its facilities et al.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Davistev, you must have been at CEB during a very busy time. I flew 20:00 Cathay CEB to HKG in March this year mid-week departure and from check in to the lounge it took 20 minutes, no queues anywhere and more than 1.5 hr spent relaxing in the lounge.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Departure airport/security tax should have been included in all tickets leaving Philippines. Only Filipino citizens still need to pay a tax to leave their country afaik.

about CRK: a ministop supermarket and few coffee/fastfood is available plus shops with souvenirs and snack food. You'll also find a branch of Jollibee
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:14 pm

I flew out of CRK a month ago and had to pay a departure tax in cash... Was quite weird. Was flying QR.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by davistev

Any idea if same aircraft turn is possible in CEB?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
Departure airport/security tax should have been included in all tickets leaving Philippines. Only Filipino citizens still need to pay a tax to leave their country afaik.
Terminal fee still payable in cash in CEB.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by palcsaky
Terminal fee still payable in cash in CEB.
Same in CRK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.