Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA - Business - AMS -> BKK RT £1293 (Lots of dates)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:43 am
Original Poster

My first post so cant do a URL

Google Flight search

Ams - BKK - Business and youll see the many dates
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:23 am

A normal fare, that has been posted countless times in this forum.

BA: AMS to BKK in Business for £1,216 return
Ba: Ams-bkk r/t €1386
Ba ams-bkk 1238gbp roundtrip
Ba: Ams-bkk $1655
AMS-LHR-BKK BA BUS CLASS 1390 euros.

But thanks for the prompt, some people will not be aware
AHO and AAtticus like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: Miles&More
but still a good fare
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
My issue with BA is advance seat selection. BA does not allow it on this fare unless you have OW status.

I booked this recently and after the realization that my AS status was of no help, I canceled. Wife cannot ride backwards and I will not pay a fee for a seat selection in a premium cabin.

Too bad - it is a good fare.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: AC MM
I also almost booked this fare earlier this year and for me too, advance seat selection is important. Once I added the cost to select seats for all 4 sectors, the fare was actually higher than Swiss via Zurich where seat selection for Business Class is free of charge and in my opinion Swiss' Business Class is better than BA's.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:57 am

I heard that BA were considering only allowing complimentary toilet access for first class. Business and Economy would have to use the coin operated toilets that they're installing.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Arghmeinaugen
I heard that BA were considering only allowing complimentary toilet access for first class. Business and Economy would have to use the coin operated toilets that they're installing.
That is a ridiculous thing to say. BA does not accept cash for any items on their flights. You'll have to pay using a credit/debit card.
capin, Marschel, mikeyfly and 12 others like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by headingwest
That is a ridiculous thing to say. BA does not accept cash for any items on their flights. You'll have to pay using a credit/debit card.
Or Avios. I believe the going rate is 250 for numero uno and 500 for numero duo.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by AAtticus
Or Avios. I believe the going rate is 250 for numero uno and 500 for numero duo.
So who checks which numero was actually done ?

Or is it time-based ??
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by subject2load
So who checks which numero was actually done ?

Or is it time-based ??
The smoke detector is actually a smell detector, so no tampering!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:28 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
There is an interesting routing for slightly more US$1761: AMS-LHR-KUL-BKK with the final segment on MH in Z I believe. An extra 80 tier points for BA earners or apx 400 EQD's for AA.

And, not "duo" but due (if Italian) or dos (if Spanish.)
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Smile

Originally Posted by yvrcnx
I also almost booked this fare earlier this year and for me too, advance seat selection is important. Once I added the cost to select seats for all 4 sectors, the fare was actually higher than Swiss via Zurich where seat selection for Business Class is free of charge and in my opinion Swiss' Business Class is better than BA's.
^
I could have written this exact same post! I did the same thing last spring (for a summer flight), but ended up on Etihad for about the same price (after I added up the cost of the BA seats).

.....and I agree that Swiss' biz is better than BA.
yvrcnx likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is there any possibility that this route might get swapped to a decent airframe any time soon?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA - Gold, Hilton - Diamond; Hyatt - Platinum, Accor - Platinum, Marriott - GOLD; SPG - Gold;
Originally Posted by Agent69
Is there any possibility that this route might get swapped to a decent airframe any time soon?
one can only hope, and this would be the reason I would not want to fly this route with BA as planes too tired
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
It would need to be less than £1k for me to look at it but the lowest I've seen was £11 something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.