BA i: LHR-LAX RT $2212 in A380

Old Oct 17, 17, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA SI;KLM SI;AE SI
BA i: LHR-LAX RT $2212 in A380

When I was trying to find a flight to West coast in November (still unlucky there), I found this very nice deal on google flights.

Flights are restricted between 25 - 31.12.2017, all in I and A380 for $2212

Example is here

Fare is ILX8C1S4

Restrictions

Code:
Category 2: Day/Time restrictions
  OUTBOUND -
    PERMITTED TUE/WED/THU/FRI/SAT ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC
    SECTOR.
  INBOUND -
    PERMITTED MON/TUE/WED/SAT/SUN ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC
    SECTOR.
Category 3: Seasonal restrictions
  PERMITTED 25DEC THROUGH 31DEC.
Full restrictions
Code:
HERE
PS: If I am wrong about the deal, I do apologize for unnecessary thread. Few weeks ago I had no idea about FT and about this whole system of matrixes, GFs and I was just using momondo. I just wanted to give the community something back and I really think this is a nice deal

PS2: If anyone knows about anything that can get me to Seattle/Portland around 22.11 and back around 30.11, I would be really happy. Desperately I am trying to find something out and still unlucky ( The nice fare from GOT/ARN is only nice to SFO and its not easy to get to GOT from PRG/VIE/MUC where I am mostly located, so in the end it ends up around 1300 USD which aint much a deal)
Old Oct 17, 17, 4:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Nice deal. Too bad the dates are so restrictive. Would have jumped on it for 2018 travel.
Old Oct 17, 17, 5:02 pm

Thanks for posting, and including the example!
Old Oct 17, 17, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by jendartw View Post
When I was trying to find a flight to West coast in November (still unlucky there), I found this very nice deal on google flights.

Flights are restricted between 25 - 31.12.2017, all in I and A380 for $2212

Example is here

Fare is ILX8C1S4

Restrictions

Code:
Category 2: Day/Time restrictions
  OUTBOUND -
    PERMITTED TUE/WED/THU/FRI/SAT ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC
    SECTOR.
  INBOUND -
    PERMITTED MON/TUE/WED/SAT/SUN ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC
    SECTOR.
Category 3: Seasonal restrictions
  PERMITTED 25DEC THROUGH 31DEC.
Full restrictions
Code:
HERE
PS: If I am wrong about the deal, I do apologize for unnecessary thread. Few weeks ago I had no idea about FT and about this whole system of matrixes, GFs and I was just using momondo. I just wanted to give the community something back and I really think this is a nice deal

PS2: If anyone knows about anything that can get me to Seattle/Portland around 22.11 and back around 30.11, I would be really happy. Desperately I am trying to find something out and still unlucky ( The nice fare from GOT/ARN is only nice to SFO and its not easy to get to GOT from PRG/VIE/MUC where I am mostly located, so in the end it ends up around 1300 USD which aint much a deal)
Can't help much on the European side, but flying SFO-PDX or SEA shouldn't be tough with Avios on Alaska flights. You'd have to find availability on the Alaska site, but they wouldn't be expensive.
Old Oct 17, 17, 6:30 pm
NNH

Location: Back in London after France, US, Netherlands (and Bradford)
Programs: Ex-BD, ex-NW, ex-AA, BA Gold
Thanks OP for the input. It looks like you can fly LHR-LAX as early as Dec 24th, and return in January or later, with very little increase in the fare.

OP - have you considered Budapest or Venice as starting points? Vancouver might also be a handy aiming point for your Pacific Northwest travels.

BA are showing $2324 for VCE-YVR 22/11-30/11.

If you don't mind open-jaws, then PRG-YVR-VCE is around $2100

Last edited by NNH; Oct 17, 17 at 6:37 pm
Old Oct 17, 17, 11:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Now ... if it wasn't twice the price starting at LAX
Old Oct 18, 17, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood LP, Marriott P, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by C17PSGR View Post
Now ... if it wasn't twice the price starting at LAX
Fare is gone😩
Old Oct 18, 17, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NNH View Post
Thanks OP for the input. It looks like you can fly LHR-LAX as early as Dec 24th, and return in January or later, with very little increase in the fare.

OP - have you considered Budapest or Venice as starting points? Vancouver might also be a handy aiming point for your Pacific Northwest travels.

BA are showing $2324 for VCE-YVR 22/11-30/11.

If you don't mind open-jaws, then PRG-YVR-VCE is around $2100
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
Can't help much on the European side, but flying SFO-PDX or SEA shouldn't be tough with Avios on Alaska flights. You'd have to find availability on the Alaska site, but they wouldn't be expensive.
The problem is, that I have to pick up a lot of stuff in Portland area ( approx 3 pieces of baggage in total) and I have to be there on 23rd evening. Then I have +-6 free days and then I have to be back in Portland area for one day and then I need to leave US on 30 Nov or 1st December.

I like YVR airport and my friends from Europe lives there, but there are always problems at the US/CA borders and all the hassle is not worth it.

The best would be to fly to SEA or PDX directly, or to find some really nice ticket to SFO/LAX and then to buy an OW ticket to PDX or SEA, but I am still unlucky to find such. It doesnt have to be in I/J , but I would love to fly it at least in PE. I havent been in TATL flight in business or PE yet and am flying those segments at least 4 times per year :/ So I would really love to try TATL in BC for the first time

Thanks a lot for your message and if you have any ideas, feel free to write it

PS: I was able to reply after 24hrs :/ This 5post per 24hrs limit is sick. Need to find out how many posts I have to write to get rid of it.
Old Oct 18, 17, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChicGeekUno View Post
Fare is gone😩
Fare still works, just checked the link.
Old Oct 19, 17, 10:51 am
NNH

Location: Back in London after France, US, Netherlands (and Bradford)
Programs: Ex-BD, ex-NW, ex-AA, BA Gold
OP, do bear in mind that options for Thanksgiving are shutting down quickly, as a lot of the remaining good fares have 28-day reservation restrictions. I grabbed my own GOT-LAX, SAN-MXP flight this morning for $2100, and since I live in London I managed to get overnight connections in LHR to let me go home and collect/deposit luggage. 580TP is bad either.

Having said that, here's a Seattle option starting in Budapest and ending in Prague (PRG, MXP, BUD, OTP are my favourite Central European airports for this type of fare)

Trip 1:
Thu, Nov 23

7:35am - 4:20pm
American Airlines
17h 45m
BUD - SEA
1 stop
4h 55m in LHR
American Airlines 6600 and 6128 operated by British Airways

Trip 2:
Wed, Nov 29

6:20pm - 5:45pm +1
Flight spans 1 day
American Airlines
14h 25m
SEA - PRG
1 stop
2h 55m in LHR
American Airlines 6127 and 6635 operated by British Airways

$2,409.36
Old Oct 20, 17, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood LP, Marriott P, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jendartw View Post
Fare still works, just checked the link.
Thank you!
Old Oct 25, 17, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

I would like to thank to all guys who tried to help me with the tickets to West Coast. Because I really needed to be as close to PDX as possible ( at the start and at the end of my trip) and because I will carry at least 3 full checked bags, I have chosen the most comfortable way.

At the end I bought a nice PE tickets straight from VIE to PDX for 980EUR, which is pretty good deal I guess. On the way back its in A380, which is a nice bonus I believe.

Thanks for all your input and wish you a pleasant ongoing journeys!
NNH likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: