Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Saudia GVA-KUL,CGK,MNL £750ish AI RT

Saudia GVA-KUL,CGK,MNL £750ish AI RT

Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by palcsaky
It means you can fly for example into Manila but return from Jakarta. That way you reduce the layover in Jeddah on the way back to "only" 7.5 hrs
https://www.google.co.uk/flights#flt...850*.GBP.76850
Didn't check every single flight but from MNL, on Thur the layover is reduced to 3.5 hours, with deals like this it makes my WY miles practically worthless trying to redeem them.

Regarding error fares, I go into SV's website, it is clearly stated Business Saver.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by palcsaky
It means you can fly for example into Manila but return from Jakarta. That way you reduce the layover in Jeddah on the way back to "only" 7.5 hrs
https://www.google.co.uk/flights#flt...850*.GBP.76850
Perfect, but i hope this fare will stick after the 31 of october
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
For those located in NA wanting to take advantage of this deal without paying too much to getting to GVA, we may have a semi-comfortable one-way option here

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...-launch-in-s18

https://primeraair.com/

For $700 CAD ($550 USD), you can get to CDG and take train to GVA, and combine current MU's CRK/CEB deal back to Canada.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Also available from MUC
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by flyingnomad
...Most of the ME carriers intentionally price lower the itineraries that include a non-lie-flat 320 leg (GVA-Saudi in this case) due to commercial compulsions.
Never really understood this aversion to the supremely comfortable premium-class cabins on narrow-bodies for 5-hour sectors (we're not talking the crap BA services to Cairo et al, AA to Honolulu, or TP to Accra!!).

The ME crew tend to tailor fares by connection times, not flight equipment. And SV offer some pretty dreadful connections!

There's certainly a mistake somewhere, either in the fare or the fare description. The latter clearly refers to economy-class.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
For $700 CAD ($550 USD), you can get to CDG and take train to GVA, and combine current MU's CRK/CEB deal back to Canada.
Or taking the train to MUC/FRA.

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Never really understood this aversion to the supremely comfortable premium-class cabins on narrow-bodies for 5-hour sectors
I don't think that it is an aversion but price related. If the fare is close to fares on more direct routes/more comfortable planes, then taking the more expensive but more comfortable route seems IMO to be the more clever pick.

I've been playing with the idea of pulling the trigger on this fare and ultimately decided against it. I have no use for the generated miles, repositioning would probably add a bit of money. And frankly I have not intention of sending my money to Saudi Arabia.

If it were OW/*A and not via Saudi Arabia, I'd probably would've booked by now. Flying a dry airline wouldn't bother me at all.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by AHO
On Jeddah-Kuala Lumpur and Riyadh-Kuala Lumpur are flown by Boeing 787-9 and it has new Business class seats.
These seats look very nice, but I'm afraid the 777 they use from/to MNL does not have the same seats.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by johnnywho
These seats look very nice, but I'm afraid the 777 they use from/to MNL does not have the same seats.
The 777 I took to CGK earlier this month seemed pretty new. 2-2-2 layout, but very comfortable, with very large monitors. Perhaps MNL will get the same upgrade?
johnnywho likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by johnnywho
They do. I flew last December and early May this year RUH-MNL and JED-MNL and both times I had new 777 with lie flat seats.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:58 pm

Also available to MRU ( with B787 )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.