Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ-JNB Egyptair MS in Z

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
YYZ-JNB Egyptair MS in Z

EgyptAir in Buz Z is coming up at around $3445CAN, for early January. Will post at 125% to AE but nothing to AQD on AC unless a code share can be found.

AC prices in Buz class suddenly rose to over $5k from about $4K.

See link here.
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...=YYZJNB-JNBYYZ
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
They could give it away and it still wouldn't be cheap enough.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I tried to reproduce the fare on ITA and found that it requires an 16+ hour layover in CAI on the way out ans a 68 hour layover in CAI on the way back. I tried 4 different dates in February and they all showed the same results. At a slightly higher fare I found connections at CAI around 40+ hours both out and back.

Maybe good for someone wanting to visit both ZA and EG.

If I search ITA for YYZ to JNB with a MAXCONNECT value of 24 hours, I do not find any MS fares on MS metal.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:56 am

Thanks but No Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
There may be other dates, but I ran a search for December in Matrix and then put one of the lower business class fares through Momondo and got as low as $2859 CAD, $2288 USD from a third party booking site.

Dec 2 from YYZ

Dec 10 from JNB
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by SFO777
They could give it away and it still wouldn't be cheap enough.
lol

I had no choice and did a couple of internal flights with Egypt Air in economy (shock horror) and I was actually surprised that it was okay.

I wouldn't spend 4k on a business fare with them though.

Thanks OP for passing on the info though.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The OP should be aware this is a booze-free airline (both in flight and in the lounge) so prepare accordingly my old friend!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Yes I know Shareholder and I think I have found better arrangements. I am not interested myself in this offer but was only posting for information.

I need a new glass from this dry airline in case you do venture forth as I broke my old one.

For others info, I collect airline glasses and have about 50 different airlines in my collection, thanks largely to friends like Shareholder and others as well as my own flying behaviour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.