Go Back   > > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 13, 17, 2:24 am   #31
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA Silver: EY
Posts: 20,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDMflyer View Post
Sounds quite interesting. Maybe you could even get Flying Blue Platinum. 60 Flights in 3 months should be possible.
Booked as a codeshare via Atlas Global [KK7303/4/5/6] - you could not book them as AF flights - you get no Level Miles in Flying Blue - so the flights do not count as Level segments - so there is no chance of Flying Blue status.

And given that Atlas Global is not a Flying Blue partner airline, no Award Miles either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
true, but in my experience AF makes an exception and grants miles if they operate the flight no matter the code. That is at least my experience. Will be interesting if that is true.
That has never been my experience. What was the airline whose code was placed on your flight? If it was a Skyteam member or Flying Blue partner airline, then of course you would get miles. But in the present case, there is absolutely no chance of receiving any miles.

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 13, 17 at 2:29 am
irishguy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 17, 4:17 am   #32
  
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkbiiii View Post
Some flight reviews, I found online and real American Domestic First Class seats, in Europe!
You get those also with SU and TK.
SU also has built-in screens in C on short-haul and an excellent business class service.
dimitriyremerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 17, 11:03 am   #33
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Posts: 2,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov View Post
You get those also with SU and TK.
SU also has built-in screens in C on short-haul and an excellent business class service.

Sadly, my personal experience on inter-Europe J, on LH, LX, LO, BA, were quite a different experience then shown above.

I kept thinking, why are they giving me coach; as the ticket says "J", and I did get lounge access??
gkbiiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 17, 11:10 am   #34
  
Join Date: Sep 2016
Programs: FB Silver
Posts: 59
That would be really cool IF there was any chance to get a status or miles on another FFP...
and taxes+fees seem to be reasonably little..

And it's only for turkish passport holders..

Last edited by FaBSy; Oct 13, 17 at 11:16 am
FaBSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 17, 3:32 pm   #35
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Posts: 2,446
I think anyone can buy this (Turkish visa aside) and I think it does count, with advancing their FF program tiers.
gkbiiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 17, 3:36 pm   #36
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Posts: 2,446
"The package purchased is an individual package and can be used only by the person who has given their Turkish ID or passport information."

Notice this does not say Turkish Passport, so I believe it it open to all adults.
gkbiiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 17, 5:08 pm   #37
  
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 342
gkbiiii, thanks for posting this. Could be very useful for somebody...
puchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 17, 6:49 pm   #38
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Posts: 2,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by puchong View Post
gkbiiii, thanks for posting this. Could be very useful for somebody...

Correct me if I am wrong, but do you need a Turkish visa, for connecting flights?
gkbiiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 17, 7:27 pm   #39
  
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 2,639
It is not clear what it means, the adjective Turkish could apply to both words, the booking form has no space for passport country info, so who knows...

This probably going to be a too good to be true, bait and switch situation anyway, fly every day in business class, if you want? C'mon...
nk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 17, 7:46 pm   #40
  
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkbiiii View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but do you need a Turkish visa, for connecting flights?
To the best of my knowledge, no visa is needed if transiting IST only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
...This probably going to be a too good to be true, bait and switch situation anyway, fly every day in business class, if you want? C'mon...
Actually many airlines have (or have had) similar schemes - including AC, AA, AI for instance
puchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 17, 7:26 am   #41
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, MR Gold, *W Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 21,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Booked as a codeshare via Atlas Global [KK7303/4/5/6] - you could not book them as AF flights - you get no Level Miles in Flying Blue - so the flights do not count as Level segments - so there is no chance of Flying Blue status.

And given that Atlas Global is not a Flying Blue partner airline, no Award Miles either.



That has never been my experience. What was the airline whose code was placed on your flight? If it was a Skyteam member or Flying Blue partner airline, then of course you would get miles. But in the present case, there is absolutely no chance of receiving any miles.
It was the OS flights VIE-CDG
cfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 17, 7:35 am   #42
  
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: pedestrian, basically
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkbiiii View Post
Sadly, my personal experience on inter-Europe J, on LH, LX, LO, BA, were quite a different experience then shown above.

I kept thinking, why are they giving me coach; as the ticket says "J", and I did get lounge access??
Unfortunately, this is pretty much universal in European Union. One of the advantages is that it's very easy to change J/Y ratio.
The better airlines at least give you more legspace/recline, and possibly a bit wider seat (by making the blocked middle narrower, manipulating armrests), the worse airlines don't even do that.

There's been talk of reintroducing proper C by LH but I guess it went nowhere.
Fabo.sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 5:09 am   #43
  
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Programs: QF, LM, USDM, AA
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by puchong View Post

Actually many airlines have (or have had) similar schemes - including AC, AA, AI for instance
They usually don't end that well, but just like every so often you get a credit card deal that has ended badly and become legend amongst the FF community, there's always someone who has a stroke of genius and doesn't research if its been tried before...
casanovawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 5:10 am   #44
  
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Programs: QF, LM, USDM, AA
Posts: 206
So that could be lunch and a few other meals sorted every day... Are there surcharges applied to taking advantage of this deal or could you really fly free in F every day for 8 months...
casanovawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 17, 6:23 am   #45
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
  
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 15,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by casanovawa View Post
So that could be lunch and a few other meals sorted every day... Are there surcharges applied to taking advantage of this deal or could you really fly free in F every day for 8 months...
KK doesn’t offer F, only J.

I imagine the usual airport fees and government taxes will be charged separately.
Calchas is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top